Cruzer

Bill Gates - well I'll be damn.

22 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

:shocking:

So you're predicting more than 10 million people die from this?

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

Oh easily.   

even bill had slide with dirty commie chinese people. again, this is all great and good...but we all know where these come from...shouldn't we start there?

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Oh easily.   

We're not even at 10k yet, and we're making massive progress on treatments.  I hope you're joking.

I predict there will be a virus in the future. It's a lock. I also predict car accidents will happen and people will die from being shot. :shocking:

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I predict there will be a virus in the future. It's a lock. I also predict car accidents will happen and people will die from being shot. :shocking:

wow.  it's like you're some new-age Nostradamus!  I just read about somebody that was SHOT this afternoon!  How did you know?

2 hours ago, Strike said:

You do realize I'm not Bill Gates, right?

I"m not predicting anything - he did..... And no, I'm in the camp of this being way overblown and borderline ridiculous.

But he did make some great points. The parts about microbes being (potentially) more of a threat than war, and the staggering unpreparedness for such a thing - dead on.

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You do realize I'm not Bill Gates, right?

I"m not predicting anything - he did..... And no, I'm in the camp of this being way overblown and borderline ridiculous.

But he did make some great points. The parts about microbes being (potentially) more of a threat than war, and the staggering unpreparedness for such a thing - dead on.

He predicted a virus.  LOL.  There are lots of viruses.  Specifically, he was talking about a virus that would kill over 10 million people.  So, unless that happens, I rate him being Nostradamas as false.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

He predicted a virus.  LOL.

There's a global panic, schools are closed, the sporting world halted, restaurants and bars shut down, thousands out of work, future bankruptcies and people losing everything on the horizon, people going without food and supplies, the stock market is in the toilet...... Pretty funny alright. 

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

There's a global panic, schools are closed, the sporting world halted, restaurants and bars shut down, thousands out of work, future bankruptcies and people losing everything on the horizon, people going without food and supplies, the stock market is in the toilet...... Pretty funny alright. 

So you're not going to enjoy any humor in your life until everything is hunky dory again?  You must be a hoot at parties.  It's a tip that it's possible to understand and take seriously the severity of the current situation but still have room for a little levity in your life. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

So you're not going to enjoy any humor in your life until everything is hunky dory again?  You must be a hoot at parties.  It's a tip that it's possible to understand and take seriously the severity of the current situation but still have room for a little levity in your life. 

I love humor - had a great time last night out... But I'm smart enuff to know funny when I see it.

Sorry I don't find people losing everything as funny... You must be a real hoot at parties too.

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I love humor - had a great time last night out... But I'm smart enuff to know funny when I see it.

Sorry I don't find people losing everything as funny... You must be a real hoot at parties too.

What?  Are you focking nuts?  did you read what I laughed about?  I can see you're just trying to start sh*t so I'll bow out of this discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

What?  Are you focking nuts?  did you read what I laughed about?  I can see you're just trying to start sh*t so I'll bow out of this discussion. 

I did - and he was right. A virus completely shut down the most powerful nation on the planet.

I love funny - but don't see what's so funny about him being right. :dunno:

How about a donation, Willie? Quit hoarding your billions. Give me a million you piece of sh1t hoarder.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

wow.  it's like you're some new-age Nostradamus!  I just read about somebody that was SHOT this afternoon!  How did you know?

It's what I do. :dunno:

The world has seen how the mighty USA (the people, the politicians and media) have reacted during this time. They have witnessed the Achillis heel of the U.S.  Mass panic caused by the media. You can damn well bet countries like North Korea are noticing. 

15 hours ago, Strike said:

We're not even at 10k yet, and we're making massive progress on treatments.  I hope you're joking.

I'm not.   I wish I was.   If 10% of the population gets this, which isnt unreasonable based on how it is spreading, thats close to a billion people.   At a 3% kill rate, thats 30 million dead.  

And I think thats an optimistic number.    

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I'm not.   I wish I was.   If 10% of the population gets this, which isnt unreasonable based on how it is spreading, thats close to a billion people.   At a 3% kill rate, thats 30 million dead.  

And I think thats an optimistic number.    

Lucky for us then, that the mortality rate turns out to be much closer to what I told you last week than what you have been running with:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/488456-study-coronavirus-death-rate-lower-than

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Lucky for us then, that the mortality rate turns out to be much closer to what I told you last week than what you have been running with:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/488456-study-coronavirus-death-rate-lower-than

One article isn't enough to convince me of anything...but hey. I for one am hoping youre right.  believe me

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

One article isn't enough to convince me of anything...but hey. I for one am hoping youre right.  believe me

1)  What do you think you were relying on last week?  A single study based upon much less incomplete data.  This study is based on the final numbers from ground zero of this crisis.

2) The mortality rate in Wuhan was in a place where everyone got infected before anyone even knew there was a problem.  It's worst case scenario.  In places that have implemented social distancing and other measures to limit the spread of this virus the mortality rate should be less.

3) Treatments are quickly being found.  If those are confirmed and implemented sooner rather  than later the mortality rate will shrink very quickly. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

1)  What do you think you were relying on last week?  A single study based upon much less incomplete data.  This study is based on the final numbers from ground zero of this crisis.

2) The mortality rate in Wuhan was in a place where everyone got infected before anyone even knew there was a problem.  It's worst case scenario.  In places that have implemented social distancing and other measures to limit the spread of this virus the mortality rate should be less.

3) Treatments are quickly being found.  If those are confirmed and implemented sooner rather  than later the mortality rate will shrink very quickly. 

Like I said, hope you are right.    We need you to be right

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Like I said, hope you are right.    We need you to be right

I've been on this forum 16 years.  Been wrong.......once maybe?  :P

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

I've been on this forum 16 years.  Been wrong.......once maybe?  :P

LOL  OK I am counting on this

On 3/19/2020 at 3:11 PM, Strike said:

The world might get there. Just think of how fu*ked Africa will be, especially with the super high AIDS rate. I don't think the US alone will. 

28 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

it's all a money maker for Bill Gates, he is highly invested in vaccines and the labs that are growing the viruses. If you do the research you will find ties between him and china, and the fact that he was in on the UN conference last fall, where the disgust a Corona virus out break before it happened, this was all planned

LOL, yeah that's what it is...