Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Not Calling Them Doctors

If you aren’t doing work on this virus I’m not calling you Doctor anymore. Take your PHD and shove it. Doctors are important. Career students aren’t. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you aren’t doing work on this virus I’m not calling you Doctor anymore. Take your PHD and shove it. Doctors are important. Career students aren’t. 

Do the statisticians count?  I think that some of the numbers are pretty damn important and you could even include some of the dudes who run the simulations using artificial intelligence to provide models of what might be happening.  Not all PhD's are the same.  

18 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Do the statisticians count?  I think that some of the numbers are pretty damn important and you could even include some of the dudes who run the simulations using artificial intelligence to provide models of what might be happening.  Not all PhD's are the same.  

Right.  And none of them are doctors. Like our school superintendent and some professor at a college. 

11 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Well at least we got that out of the way. Now what

Your turn. 

Did you know the Director of the World Health Organization (WHO) is an Ethiopian politician and has a doctorate in Philosophy? He's the first nonmedical doctor in WHO history.

4 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

you could even include some of the dudes who run the simulations using artificial intelligence to provide models of what might be happening. 

Are these the same guys that run the hurricane models?  Their models using AI are so accurate.  

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Did you know the Director of the World Health Organization (WHO) is an Ethiopian politician and has a doctorate in Philosophy? He's the first nonmedical doctor in WHO history.

Joke. 

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

False, Dungby was the first and most esteemed medical professional without a medical license. Equally skilled with a bat or scalpel in his hand. Hope he comes back to us soon.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

False, Dungby was the first and most esteemed medical professional without a medical license. Equally skilled with a bat or scalpel in his hand.

I don't get it.

19 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Digbeater, Fibgy, the yeti king.

Oh yeah that's right he was the best at everything and was sure to let everyone know.

Yeah so, the head of the WHO, this bushman from Ethiopia ( for gods sake), he’s not an MD. But he’s a “doctor “, of  philosophy. WTF are we doing? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah so, the head of the WHO, this bushman from Ethiopia ( for gods sake), he’s not an MD. But he’s a “doctor “, of  philosophy. WTF are we doing? 

Is that like a Trade Adviser telling a MD what drugs should be deemed medically acceptable?  

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

Is that like a Trade Adviser telling a MD what drugs should be deemed medically acceptable?  

A trade advisor can’t do that. And didn’t. Good effort though. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah dude I already said that. You even responded to it.

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yeah dude I already said that. You even responded to it.

Sorry. Lots going on. This whole thing exposes the fact that we have surrendered our safety in the name of playing nice.  

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Diversity hire 

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Diversity hire 

We give 10x the amount of money to the WHO than  China, yet they consistently do Chinas bidding. I bet this “doctor” has a few vacation homes, ala Bernie, humble civil servant that he is. 

On 4/2/2020 at 11:48 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

What about a doctor of the mystical science? 

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

What about a doctor of the mystical science? 

Like a witch doctor? They are more qualified than this guy. 

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like a witch doctor? They are more qualified than this guy. 

It was from Tiger King. Dr Bhagavan Antle. A doctor of mystical science

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

It was from Tiger King. Dr Bhagavan Antle. A doctor of mystical science

Him too. 

If you're not curing the virus you're not a doctor? Jesus. Will you please kindly inform me what I should call the guys who are curing inoperable brain tumors in little kids? 

GD. Attention span much?

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

If you're not curing the virus you're not a doctor? Jesus. Will you please kindly inform me what I should call the guys who are curing inoperable brain tumors in little kids? 

GD. Attention span much?

Well, you missed the point entirely.   Yeah, I think heart surgeons aren’t doctors. You win the semantics battle. Where do I send the trophy?