drobeski

The official racist thread

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So they can’t have a union lawyer then? 

Maybe. Do most employees get a union lawyer?

9 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Good luck with that.

There is a common trend for Leesen/Newbie/MDC to jump into threads they don't like and slide the topic.

Since we can't prevent them from posting the best solution is to stop taking the bait. Easier said than done.

You forgot another common trend.

When someone posts an opposing viewpoint in a thread, the trend is for HT, Utiliti99, dumbreski to call them names instead of actually trying to have a discussion.

• Like 1

Just now, Leeson said:

You forgot another common trend.

When someone posts an opposing viewpoint in a thread, the trend is for HT, Utiliti99, dumbreski to call them names instead of actually trying to have a discussion.

Im not political.  But from what I see is bored righties giving insight and facts while Newbie and MDC troll or just call everyone racist.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not political.  But from what I see is bored righties giving insight and facts while Newbie and MDC troll or just call everyone racist.  

I've only been posting here for a few months. I don't consider myself left or right because my political opinion doesn't align with either. I've been on left leaning boards and didn't align with beliefs there either. 

A larger percentage of the posts (not necessarily posters) here seem racist. I thought the board was more relaxed when it came to calling each other stupid and throwing around curse words. I didn't think it was a safe harbor for the KKK. Having a recent thread axed, I am thinking it may be just that. 

By the way, facts can be skewed to represent your agenda. Why can CNN and FOX News report on same story differently. Your post count shows that you've been here for a long time. Can you honestly say you've never read something on here that didn't make you think the poster is racist?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Maybe. Do most employees get a union lawyer?

The ones in unions do. 

3 minutes ago, Leeson said:

I've only been posting here for a few months. I don't consider myself left or right because my political opinion doesn't align with either. I've been on left leaning boards and didn't align with beliefs there either. 

A larger percentage of the posts (not necessarily posters) here seem racist. I thought the board was more relaxed when it came to calling each other stupid and throwing around curse words. I didn't think it was a safe harbor for the KKK. Having a recent thread axed, I am thinking it may be just that. 

By the way, facts can be skewed to represent your agenda. Why can CNN and FOX News report on same story differently. Your post count shows that you've been here for a long time. Can you honestly say you've never read something on here that didn't make you think the poster is racist?

You mean your poll thread? Yeah, you weren’t stirring the pot there. Not at all. Odds are you were the one who deleted it. Might start calling you Jussie from now on. 

23 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its a reflection of society at large as well....

6 minutes ago, Leeson said:

LOL, you got all the hot slurs in there, racist, KKK.  Maybe this place is not for you, I mean who wants to interact with such scum

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You mean your poll thread? Yeah, you weren’t stirring the pot there. Not at all. Odds are you were the one who deleted it. Might start calling you Jussie from now on. 

or Peeneison

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The ones in unions do. 

This may be the issue. I'll concede that you probably have more experience than I do with police unions. But, if the union establishes the cba in regards to what a cop can and can't do, then defends them when they break a rule, I see it as a conflict of interest. I apply the same thing to the NFL. Let a third party, that has no dog in the fight, determine the outcome. 

Why did the Buffalo Police Union tell the 57 officers to resign from the ERT? Seems like a conflict of interest to then represent them?

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. Another lie you're creating to fit your narrative.

18 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

LOL, you got all the hot slurs in there, racist, KKK.  Maybe this place is not for you, I mean who wants to interact with such scum

I'm thinking that exact thing. Are you disagreeing that there aren't racist posts on this forum?

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

I'm thinking that exact thing. Are you disagreeing that there aren't racist posts on this forum?

There's a huge difference between a racist post and labeling people racist or likening them to the KKK.

It's an overly emotional response, something many have come to expect.

Fact is the term racist has been so over used to describe a litany of things that aren't even remotely racist that it has lost most of it's meaning or impact, sorry, but if you continually cry 'Wolf" don't be surprised when no ones reacts to the eventual attack

5 minutes ago, Leeson said:

This may be the issue. I'll concede that you probably have more experience than I do with police unions. But, if the union establishes the cba in regards to what a cop can and can't do, then defends them when they break a rule, I see it as a conflict of interest. I apply the same thing to the NFL. Let a third party, that has no dog in the fight, determine the outcome. 

Why did the Buffalo Police Union tell the 57 officers to resign from the ERT? Seems like a conflict of interest to then represent them?

The union doesn’t establish what a cop can and can’t do when it comes to use of force. It’s not a subject of bargaining. And the union can’t tell a cop what to do. They couldn’t make those cops in Buffalo step down from their unit. 

4 hours ago, Meglamaniac said:

There's a huge difference between a racist post and labeling people racist or likening them to the KKK.

It's an overly emotional response, something many have come to expect.

Fact is the term racist has been so over used to describe a litany of things that aren't even remotely racist that it has lost most of it's meaning or impact, sorry, but if you continually cry 'Wolf" don't be surprised when no ones reacts to the eventual attack

If someone posts something racist, they are (to some degree) racists. 

What else defines a racist person?

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The union doesn’t establish what a cop can and can’t do when it comes to use of force. It’s not a subject of bargaining. And the union can’t tell a cop what to do. They couldn’t make those cops in Buffalo step down from their unit. 

Again, using the NFL (and somewhat the NBA) does the union negotiate things like whether or not a player can be suspended for using drugs? Or assaulting their spouse? Or any other things.There seems to be a criminal punishment and a league punishment. If a law is broken, then the person should face criminal charges. Doesn't matter if it's a QB, a point guard, or a police officer. This is why I feel that unions have crossed a line when it comes to protecting it's members. If I'm not one and I commit a crime, I go the the legal system the same as everyone else. If I can afford my own lawyer, great. If not, I get a public defender. 

If someone posts something racist, they are (to some degree) racists. 

What else defines a racist person?

Actions not words, HTH

Depending on who's reading what you type, there are a multitude of things that can be described as racist that are not.  Simply deeming, in your own mind, that something posted is racist doesn't make it so to the rest of the world.

If any post, written or spoken word uttered in ones life can be considered racists makes them a racist then I'd challenge you to find anyone that is not a racist by that definition.

Again, using the NFL (and somewhat the NBA) does the union negotiate things like whether or not a player can be suspended for using drugs? Or assaulting their spouse? Or any other things.There seems to be a criminal punishment and a league punishment. If a law is broken, then the person should face criminal charges. Doesn't matter if it's a QB, a point guard, or a police officer. This is why I feel that unions have crossed a line when it comes to protecting it's members. If I'm not one and I commit a crime, I go the the legal system the same as everyone else. If I can afford my own lawyer, great. If not, I get a public defender. 

If you commit a crime the legal system nor your lawyer have any impact on how your current employer chooses to deal with you in regards to employment.

Drug policy is set by the department. The recourse if you don’t like the ruling is to take it to court. Crimes alleged against police go through the legal process first and then the department decides on discipline or not. Again, the recourse is the courts. That means lawyer.  iOS have a right to chose their own lawyer, right? 

1 minute ago, Meglamaniac said:

Actions not words, HTH

Depending on who's reading what you type, there are a multitude of things that can be described as racist that are not.  Simply deeming, in your own mind, that something posted is racist doesn't make it so to the rest of the world.

If any post, written or spoken word uttered in ones life can be considered racists makes them a racist then I'd challenge you to find anyone that is not a racist by that definition.

Right. So if one of these wackos here is spreading his racist hate, then goes out and drives through a crowd of protesters while screaming racial slurs, you would then accept the fact that they are racist. Until then, they are good ole boys.

Does that mean:

If some guy is chatting up your wife at the bar or on tinder, that your wife isn't looking to cheating on you? Actions, not words. 

If some person of middle east decent is talking about building bombs or hijacking airplanes online, he's not a terrorist? Action, not words. 

If some kid threatens classmates on facebook that he is going to shoot up his school. Is he not a potential mass shooter? Action, not words. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Drug policy is set by the department. The recourse if you don’t like the ruling is to take it to court. Crimes alleged against police go through the legal process first and then the department decides on discipline or not. Again, the recourse is the courts. That means lawyer.  iOS have a right to chose their own lawyer, right? 

Using this process, if a cop beats someone and it goes through the legal process, are there guidelines established for the department to discipline? By this I mean, if one person gets fired, while another gets a suspension, who makes those decision? And why? 

As much as we think the NFL may be too strict, the players, media, and fans, know if you fail a drug test the second time the punishment is X. This is part of the collective bargaining agreement. But, doesn't seem to be in the case of police departments. Why? I think it's to protect the cops, not the citizens they serve.

Just now, Leeson said:

Right. So if one of these wackos here is spreading his racist hate, then goes out and drives through a crowd of protesters while screaming racial slurs, you would then accept the fact that they are racist. Until then, they are good ole boys.

Does that mean:

If some guy is chatting up your wife at the bar or on tinder, that your wife isn't looking to cheating on you? Actions, not words. 

If some person of middle east decent is talking about building bombs or hijacking airplanes online, he's not a terrorist? Action, not words. 

If some kid threatens classmates on facebook that he is going to shoot up his school. Is he not a potential mass shooter? Action, not words. 

Please with the hyperbole

I didn't say racism doesn't exist, I didn't say that there are no racist posters here, I told you to stop lumping everyone here into the same label.  Fact is I don't know anyone here well enough to make such a damning statement as to call them racist.

Tell you what, let me know when someone from this site "then goes out and drives through a crowd of protesters while screaming racial slurs"

As for your last 3 comments, comical, they are taking actions, WITH THIER WORDS, not posting on a low rent little traveled message board.

Get a grip dude

4 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Using this process, if a cop beats someone and it goes through the legal process, are there guidelines established for the department to discipline? By this I mean, if one person gets fired, while another gets a suspension, who makes those decision? And why? 

As much as we think the NFL may be too strict, the players, media, and fans, know if you fail a drug test the second time the punishment is X. This is part of the collective bargaining agreement. But, doesn't seem to be in the case of police departments. Why? I think it's to protect the cops, not the citizens they serve.

Are there inequities in department discipline? Big time. It’s the unions biggest gripe besides pay. In NYC, the department trial room is considered a kangaroo court. The cop has little chance. And when they are taken to court, they city loses a lot of the time. I could tell you stories that would have you shaking your head. Remember, the cops are not in charge of the department. Politicians are. 

19 hours ago, Leeson said:

The third party oversight isn't working. It needs revamped. Also, do you know it exists in every department nationwide?

The City of Buffalo and the police union were not collectively bargaining when they told 57 ERT officers to resign from that detail. These are the things that prevent accountability. 

The police union didn't tell them to resign.  No need to be sticking your necks out for City and County officials that will throw you under the bus.  Mark Poloncarz can volunteer for the ERT.  We'll see how he does.

19 hours ago, Leeson said:

Great. First we need to define what constitutes a bad cop. Then we need to put third party oversight in place. And lastly, we need to limit the powers of police unions.

LOL, you won't get the Democrat party to ever agree to your last 2 points.  They want to be the oversight committee and the Dems can't go against any union because then, other unions will start to lose trust.

People on tv are starting to get fired if they ever made any vaguely racial comment on Twitter in the last hundred years. Or if they even had any kind of negative interaction with any blacks person, regardless of wether it was racial. You can’t even glance at a black person the wrong way right now. Other races? Nah those don’t count as people of color, those are fair game. Asians continue to get persecution from black people.

45 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Please with the hyperbole

I didn't say racism doesn't exist, I didn't say that there are no racist posters here, I told you to stop lumping everyone here into the same label.  Fact is I don't know anyone here well enough to make such a damning statement as to call them racist.

Tell you what, let me know when someone from this site "then goes out and drives through a crowd of protesters while screaming racial slurs"

As for your last 3 comments, comical, they are taking actions, WITH THIER WORDS, not posting on a low rent little traveled message board.

Get a grip dude

People that have made credible threats online about terrorist activities, either international or domestic, have been arrested, charged and found guilty of being a terrorist. The first step was online comments. It wasn't hyperbole. It's the first step. 

If you don't want to called a racist, don't make racist comments. Otherwise, you may as well dismiss every comment anyone makes on this board. You don't know for certain, so throw it all out.

43 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are there inequities in department discipline? Big time. It’s the unions biggest gripe besides pay. In NYC, the department trial room is considered a kangaroo court. The cop has little chance. And when they are taken to court, they city loses a lot of the time. I could tell you stories that would have you shaking your head. Remember, the cops are not in charge of the department. Politicians are. 

Well, I think we've identified the problem.

People that have made credible threats online about terrorist activities, either international or domestic, have been arrested, charged and found guilty of being a terrorist. The first step was online comments. It wasn't hyperbole. It's the first step. 

If you don't want to called a racist, don't make racist comments. Otherwise, you may as well dismiss every comment anyone makes on this board. You don't know for certain, so throw it all out.

Let me know when someone here gets arrested for something they posted, till then just drop it.

Again, as I said earlier, if your opinion is that this place is riddled with racist then maybe this site is not for you.

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

People on tv are starting to get fired if they ever made any vaguely racial comment on Twitter in the last hundred years. Or if they even had any kind of negative interaction with any blacks person, regardless of wether it was racial. You can’t even glance at a black person the wrong way right now. Other races? Nah those don’t count as people of color, those are fair game. Asians continue to get persecution from black people.

It begs the question, why make a racist comment? Is there no other way to get your point across? 

Just now, Meglamaniac said:

Let me know when someone here gets arrested for something they posted, till then just drop it.

Again, as I said earlier, if your opinion is that this place is riddled with racist then maybe this site is not for you.

What if there was a group of domestic terrorists using this site to communicate? Would you to ignore them until they get arrested?

If you ignore the racist comments, you're condoning the activity. And guilty by association if that person acts on it outside of this forum, because they think it's acceptable. After all, nobody here told them any different. 

Maybe this site isn't for me. Maybe this site isn't for anyone. Again, if it was a terrorist cell making comments here, would it be my duty to shed light on it? Perhaps I should bring more eyes to the this forum. As tantastic just stated, people can't be seen as vaguely making or supporting racial comments. Do you think Mike would keep this forum running while his fantasy football site took the heat, just to protect some posters right to make racial comments? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Leeson said:

What if there was a group of domestic terrorists using this site to communicate? Would you to ignore them until they get arrested?

If you ignore the racist comments, you're condoning the activity. And guilty by association if that person acts on it outside of this forum, because they think it's acceptable. After all, nobody here told them any different. 

Maybe this site isn't for me. Maybe this site isn't for anyone. Again, if it was a terrorist cell making comments here, would it be my duty to shed light on it? Perhaps I should bring more eyes to the this forum. As tantastic just stated, people can't be seen as vaguely making or supporting racial comments. Do you think Mike would keep this forum running while his fantasy football site took the heat, just to protect some posters right to make racial comments? 

YAWN

2 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Oh and this post seals it, this is sure enough Slow Nutts

I have ignored the racist comments of Al Sharpton, Don Lemon, and many others.....

In this nation we have the ability to speak freely, I consider that right to be important, I may disagree with them profoundly - but I do not get to silence them.

24 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

White People on tv are starting to get fired if they ever made any vaguely racial comment on Twitter in the last hundred years. Or if they even had any kind of negative interaction with any blacks person, regardless of wether it was racial. You can’t even glance at a black person the wrong way right now. Other races? Nah those don’t count as people of color, those are fair game. Asians continue to get persecution from black people.

FIFY

23 minutes ago, Leeson said:

It begs the question, why make a racist comment? Is there no other way to get your point across? 

The problem with this, is that it's one way.  Only white people are being targeted.  Black people are fully allowed to be racist towards every other race.  That's a problem.  A problem that is at solely at the feet of Hollywood... i.e., Democrats.

14 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Oh and this post seals it, this is sure enough Slow Nutts

I had conversations with ShoNuff on FBG's. He didn't care for me much because I defended Trump the first couple of years of his presidency. 

I don't know if he's on this board, or what username is his. I do think it's funny that posters here assume that there is only one person in the world that would have a differing opinion. That's pretty narrow minded.

I had conversations with ShoNuff on FBG's. He didn't care for me much because I defended Trump the first couple of years of his presidency. 

I don't know if he's on this board, or what username is his. I do think it's funny that posters here assume that there is only one person in the world that would have a differing opinion. That's pretty narrow minded.

It has nothing to do with your opinion and everything to do with your posting style

HTH

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The problem with this, is that it's one way.  Only white people are being targeted.  Black people are fully allowed to be racist towards every other race.  That's a problem.  A problem that is at solely at the feet of Hollywood... i.e., Democrats.

Did I ever say that a black person should be racist towards a Chinese person? Or a white person? Nope.

For some reason, people here think two wrongs make a right. That's why I call racists, racist.