drobeski

The official racist thread

5 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

is it a fact that they said he tripped?

It is a fact that the Buff Police Department rep originally stated he tripped, that claim was rescinded when the video came out

I read it on Twitter, don’t remember who so I am paraphrasing.   They begin with “I’d like to start a REAL conversation about race”.  Then immediately yells at you unless you bow to their narrative and / or cancels you on social media.  Nice convo.  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

That would be me, but I reserve those terms for people that really deserve them.  Especially the guys that waltz in here and call everyone a racist or Hitler.  By the way, I didn't get to read your post to me from yesterday since you peenied your thread.

Peenied? I'm assuming that means I deleted the tread. 

Have I backed down from anything here? Why would I suddenly delete a thread that highlighted the racist lean of this board. I suspect someone realized if someone stumbled upon it. The owner of the board has more to lose than you do.

2 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

It is a fact that the Buff Police Department rep originally stated he tripped, that claim was rescinded when the video came out

If there was no video, would they have changed their stance? 

9 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

is it a fact that they said he tripped?

Didn’t he? Looked like  he did after he got that love tap. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Didn’t he? Looked like  he did after he got that love tap. 

When you were a cop, were you trained to treat 75 year olds the same as 25 year olds? 

Just now, Leeson said:

When you were a cop, were you trained to treat 75 year olds the same as 25 year olds? 

Give me a break, ok? You act like that was something that needed to be trained for. I’ll indulge your queries if you don’t get too stupid.  That’s a stupid question. 

Just now, Leeson said:

Could those numbers be skewed due to police targeting people of color? Could the conviction numbers be higher due to POC not having the same access legal help (you know, like a union lawyer)? 

You're hiding here. If you can say it here, you can say it on Facebook or even out loud in the break room.  If I compiled a "Greatest Hits" of Utilit99 and gave it to your boss, CEO or Board of Directors, what are the odds that you'd be fired?

Nope. Not skewed.

So I asked first. How is telling people, those who complain about cops, to take the first step and stop committing crimes a racist comment?

4 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Peenied? I'm assuming that means I deleted the tread. 

Have I backed down from anything here? Why would I suddenly delete a thread that highlighted the racist lean of this board. I suspect someone realized if someone stumbled upon it. The owner of the board has more to lose than you do.

No one here would report your thread.  Still don't know what your post to me was.

3 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

No one here would report your thread.  Still don't know what your post to me was.

I'll ask Mike and see what his thoughts are. 

15 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

that is called getting caught in a lie

9 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

I would be very surprised

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I would be very surprised

Other than MDC, who here would report someone? What's the point of it? I put newbie on "ignore" because he is the definition of troll. But other than that, have at it.

5 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

OK

you did say the only fact was that he was pushed...but then now concede it is also a fact that they lied about it?

11 hours ago, MDC said:

Most of the GC racists are here but it won’t be official til 90sbaby and Biff show up. 

:dunno: 

Quote the racist comments and say why you think they are racist? :dunno:

Is it racist to point out that I read a while ago that of  13 high schools in Baltimore,  not one student was proficient in math? Why were there no peaceful protests about that? I’m not sure if it’s racist , but it sure is sad. I’m ashamed that happens in our country.  

9 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

you did say the only fact was that he was pushed...but then now concede it is also a fact that they lied about it?

No, your opinion is that they lied about it, showing intent, once again posters here are presenting opinion as fact.  the facts are that the rep originally stated he tripped, could that be a lie, yes, but it could also be a case of getting bad info , could be an assumption, could be any number of things rather than a lie or willingly be deceptive 

7 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

No, your opinion is that they lied about it, showing intent, once again posters here are presenting opinion as fact.  the facts are that the rep originally stated he tripped, could that be a lie, yes, but it could also be a case of getting bad info , could be an assumption, could be any number of things rather than a lie or willingly be deceptive 

fair enough I guess, I dont know the exact timing of the push, statement, video, and then new statement

28 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

fair enough I guess, I dont know the exact timing of the push, statement, video, and then new statement

We see it all the time, in an effort to get info out to the media/public as fast as they can things get reported that are wrong initially. This often happens in active shooter reports, it's not that police want to give out bad info, its just happens in a dynamic situation, the earliest reports are often fraught with bad info.  All that maters is that keep reporting till they get the most accurate info out.

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I would say the problem is the the alarming rate of violence and other crime committed by the black folks in this country even though they only make up a small part the population. I would suggest that if black people want to reduce police violence against them, their first step should be to stop committing crimes. Then go from there. A portion of the black community is giving the whole a bad look. 

If they stop committing crimes, looting, rioting, murdering at an unprecedented rate, and they still are getting choked out by cops, then I'll stand with them. But until they clean up their own house and take some responsibility and only have children if they can afford to properly take care of them, as well as raising their kids in a 2 parent violence free home, well, then they are the biggest part of the problem.

I'll outwardly apply this same message to white people and any other legal citizen in the US. It just always seems to be the focus on the black community who are so fvcking vocal about something where they are not even taking responsibility for  their own behavior in the big picture.

Why is that? I mean, other black people speak out and tell their own race of people to be responsible, and yet they are ignored. If some white crackhead goes out and gets himself into trouble and attacks a cop and gets his ass killed, white people are like, "See ya later dude. You should have laid off the crack."

But yet the black community as a whole doesn't ever have that attitude. They don't give a crap if white people die. They don't give a crap if black people die by the hands of another black person in a drive by shooting or any other way. No one fights against the cops for that cause.

Nope, all of this rioting/protesting, etc is all about the liberal need to either to destroy things for political reasons, or other people's need to act enraged after they are encouraged and prompted to go crazy by their liberal puppeteers in office. 

That is why most liberal democratic voters must be absolutely off the rails weak minded fools.  

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Nope. Not skewed.

So I asked first. How is telling people, those who complain about cops, to take the first step and stop committing crimes a racist comment?

Any thoughts on this?

5 hours ago, Leeson said:

The Buffalo video was presented. The facts were different depending on which side of the agenda you're on. If I was discussing it on a left leaning site (like FBG) it would be an obvious case of police brutality. Here, "he got what he deserves", "he tripped and fell".

I guess that includes me.  Then again, I studied martial arts and I understand body mechanics and what does and doesn't generate much force.  That push didn't.  And if you objectively watch it, you see him start to pedal backwards just as the push hits him.  You won't though, because it doesn't fit your emotional narrative.

3 hours ago, Leeson said:

@TBayXXXVII - These are racist statements. 

If he posted them in a place where he could be held accountable, he would probably be fired. Instead he hides here and makes his claims.

No they aren't.  You've co-opted the word to turn data into racism.

2 hours ago, Leeson said:

Could those numbers be skewed due to police targeting people of color? Could the conviction numbers be higher due to POC not having the same access legal help (you know, like a union lawyer)? 

You're hiding here. If you can say it here, you can say it on Facebook or even out loud in the break room.  If I compiled a "Greatest Hits" of Utilit99 and gave it to your boss, CEO or Board of Directors, what are the odds that you'd be fired?

No.  He said violent crimes, not minor pot busts.  Police try to solve all of those for the most part, and you might agree, they try harder in the suburbs than in the inner city, so if anything they are skewed the other way.

America's Got Talent 2020. 

A black individual or group will win. 

The media has already discussed and predetermined that a black needs to win.  

19 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

America's Got Talent 2020. 

A black individual or group will win. 

The media has already discussed and predetermined that a black needs to win.  

I bet in general, the liberal agenda is making people who never hated black people before, hate black people.

Walter Williams wrote this today.    He's a black guy.   It basically restates everything that Leeson and Newbie have been saying that makes all of us "racists" because we say/think it too.     

Leeson - calling me a "racist" because I agree with the things written in this article by definition means that I have ill-will towards African Americans.    But if you refuse to recognize and acknowledge the issues outlined here and in many posts and threads, you aren't honestly considering the problems and causes and that makes solutions much more unlikely or ineffective.   And if you aren't really about successful solutions for the AA community, then that means you have ill-will towards African Americans, which then means that you must be a r. . . . .

Do you see how that works?

https://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2020/06/10/the-true-plight-of-black-americans-n2570249

While it might not be popular to say in the wake of the recent social disorder, the true plight of black people has little or nothing to do with the police or what has been called "systemic racism." Instead, we need to look at the responsibilities of those running our big cities.

Some of the most dangerous big cities are: St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Oakland, Chicago, Memphis, Atlanta, Birmingham, Newark, Buffalo and Philadelphia. The most common characteristic of these cities is that for decades, all of them have been run by liberal Democrats. Some cities -- such as Detroit, Buffalo, Newark and Philadelphia -- haven't elected a Republican mayor for more than a half-century. On top of this, in many of these cities, blacks are mayors, often they dominate city councils, and they are chiefs of police and superintendents of schools.

In 1965, there were no blacks in the U.S. Senate, nor were there any black governors. And only six members of the House of Representatives were black. As of 2019, there is far greater representation in some areas -- 52 House members are black. Nine black Americans have served in the Senate, including Edward W. Brooke of Massachusetts, Carol Moseley Braun and Barack Obama of Illinois, Tim Scott of South Carolina, Cory Booker of New Jersey, and Kamala Harris of California. In recent times, there have been three black state governors. The bottom line is that today's black Americans have significant political power at all levels of government. Yet, what has that meant for a large segment of the black population?

Democratic-controlled cities have the poorest-quality public education despite their large, and growing, school budgets. Consider Baltimore, Maryland. In 2016, in 13 of Baltimore's 39 high schools, not a single student scored proficient on the state's math exam. In six other high schools, only 1% tested proficient in math. Only 15% of Baltimore students passed the state's English test. That same year in Philadelphia only 19% of eighth-graders scored proficient in math, and 16% were proficient in reading. In Detroit, only 4% of its eighth-graders scored proficient in math, and 7% were proficient in reading. It's the same story of academic disaster in other cities run by Democrats.

Violent crime and poor education is not the only problem for Democratic-controlled cities. Because of high crime, poor schools and a less pleasant environment, cities are losing their economic base and their most productive people in droves. When World War II ended, the population of Washington, D.C., was about 800,000; today, it's about 700,000. In 1950, Baltimore's population was almost 950,000; today, it's around 590,000. Detroit's 1950 population was close to 1.85 million; today, it's down to 673,000. The population of Camden, New Jersey, in 1950 was nearly 125,000; today it has fallen to 74,000. St. Louis' 1950 population was more than 856,000; today, it's less than 294,000. A similar story of population decline can be found in most of our formerly large and prosperous cities. In some cities, the population decline since 1950 is well over 50%, and that includes Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Academic liberals, civil rights advocates and others blamed the exodus on racism -- "white flight" to the suburbs to avoid blacks. But blacks have been fleeing some cities at higher rates than whites. The five cities whose suburbs have the fastest-growing black populations are Miami, Dallas, Washington, Houston and Atlanta. It turns out that blacks, like whites, want better and safer schools for their kids and don't like to be mugged or have their property vandalized. And like white people, if they have the means, black people cannot wait to leave troubled cities.

White liberals and black politicians focus most of their attention on what the police do, but how relevant is that to the overall tragedy? According to Statista, this year, 172 whites and 88 blacks have died at the hands of police. To put police shootings in a bit of perspective, in Chicago alone in 2020 there have been 1,260 shootings and 256 homicides with blacks being the primary victims. That comes to one shooting victim every three hours and one homicide victim every 15 hours. Three people in Chicago have been killed by police. If one is truly concerned about black deaths, shootings by police should figure way down on one's list -- which is not to excuse bad behavior by some police officers

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Give me a break, ok? You act like that was something that needed to be trained for. I’ll indulge your queries if you don’t get too stupid.  That’s a stupid question. 

It was a simple question. You (and everyone else) know the answer. 

Since you don't want to answer that question, can you tell me why police unions would be against body cameras? Wouldn't those cameras make it easier to achieve a conviction, while also holding officers accountable? Also, why do police unions fight the release of body camera footage or an officers corrective action history? Isn't that the same as releasing a George Floyd's criminal history? If you can use past history to justify killing a criminal, shouldn't we use past history to judge police officers?

7 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Since you don't want to answer that question, can you tell me why police unions would be against body cameras? Wouldn't those cameras make it easier to achieve a conviction, while also holding officers accountable? Also, why do police unions fight the release of body camera footage or an officers corrective action history? Isn't that the same as releasing a George Floyd's criminal history? If you can use past history to justify killing a criminal, shouldn't we use past history to judge police officers?

So the unions , some of them, are against them.  So what? They are in use. See how that works? Union- we don’t want them. City- tough. You’re wearing them. So that’s a non-issue. The unions aren’t in charge of releasing the video. The video doesn’t belong to them. Another non-issue. Why didn’t the politicians allow the release of a cops complaint record? There was nothing stopping them. NY just did away with any privacy cops were afforded as far as their record. What took them so long?  Again, the politicians are in charge of the police departments, not the other way around. This myth of “powerful police unions” is a leftist myth and you’re falling for it. 

13 hours ago, Leeson said:

No. We still aren't seeing things the same. If you're trying to solve the problem start at home, start local and build your way up. You will have a much harder time starting from the top. 

The problem we have is that you don't want to see the problem here, on this board, essentially your home. You want to point to the big picture and complain about other people changing. 

No, the problem is at the root... it always is.  In this case, the root of the problem is the Democrat party creating narratives that don't exist.

Yours isn't bias. It's ignorant blindness. You think I'm complaining about any post that says black people. I'm not. I'll make sure to point them out to you moving forward.

Yeah, I have blind ignorance because I see black people telling black people to be personally accountable and doing what YOU claimed I should be doing, "the problem here... essentially your home."

Since you talk in circles so much, you probably don't realize you're contradicting yourself.

18 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Body cameras are a key to police reform.  Failure to turn on, or turning them off at any point, should be treated as destroying evidence.  Nothing says there's something you're trying to hide more than not wanting video proof.  Also, all complaints should be kept on a national officer database. After a certain amount of complaints, a hearing is conducted (by outside people, not police cronies).  These complaints/hearings should follow the officer for his entire life. Regardless of where he tries to find employment. 

@TBayXXXVII - These are racist statements. 

If he posted them in a place where he could be held accountable, he would probably be fired. Instead he hides here and makes his claims.

No, that's pointing out facts.  It's actually the same thing that the video in the OP's posts pointed to.  Is it racist that black people say the same thing?  If he were fired, it would be because people are buying in to the false narrative that is at the root of the problem, the Democrat party pretending that systemic racism exists, when it really doesn't.

Let me ask you, if towns eliminate police departments and there are crime sprees by black people, will you realize that you are wrong?

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So the unions , some of them, are against them.  So what? They are in use. See how that works? Union- we don’t want them. City- tough. You’re wearing them. So that’s a non-issue. The unions aren’t in charge of releasing the video. The video doesn’t belong to them. Another non-issue. Why didn’t the politicians allow the release of a cops complaint record? There was nothing stopping them. NY just did away with any privacy cops were afforded as far as their record. What took them so long?  Again, the politicians are in charge of the police departments, not the other way around. This myth of “powerful police unions” is a leftist myth and you’re falling for it. 

Things are changing. You admit that in this post. Why do you think things are changing? Could it be because of protests? Without those protests things may not have changed.

13 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

How is it racist to say that the people who are crying about the police should stop committing crimes? That's a reasonable solution.

If it were white people complaining about it, I would say the same to them.

So let me get this straight, it's racist to say that 57% of all violent crime is committed by black people? And they only represent 13% of the population?

And I don't hide anywhere. I know enough not to bring politics or anything else to work that is not related to my job. I would never bring up  the company I work for on the internet. There are way too many rules around social media, how to deal with the press, etc... I don't speak for the company in my role. I leave that to the legal department, etc.

It's not.  He's just buying in to the false narrative.  He's a part of the problem, not the solution.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Let me ask you, if towns eliminate police departments and there are crime sprees by black people, will you realize that you are wrong?

You said black people, that's racist!

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

Things are changing. You admit that in this post. Why do you think things are changing? Could it be because of protests? Without those protests things may not have changed.

Whats changing

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No, the problem is at the root... it always is.  In this case, the root of the problem is the Democrat party creating narratives that don't exist.

For a couple of years, I defended Trump and Trump supporters. My argument was that if Trump was elected, and did things that made people uncomfortable, then maybe that means the majority of our country is more like Trump and less like ________ (insert any other candidate).  People didn't like this theory because it meant that they were in the minority. 

The same can be applied the other way. If a majority of the people that live in this country believe that our country should go in X direction, then that's the direction we go. The only way that doesn't happen is if our government hinders the voting process. 

You may not like the narrative, but if a majority of the people in the country agree with it, then you just have to live with it. 

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, I have blind ignorance because I see black people telling black people to be personally accountable and doing what YOU claimed I should be doing, "the problem here... essentially your home."

Since you talk in circles so much, you probably don't realize you're contradicting yourself.

Right. You're expectation is that everyone else should elevate. Just not you.