Vaughn Taylor

Line up 2

Paul Casey

Doc Redman

Ryan Moore

Max Homa

J. Vegas

Talor Gooch

When did Jonathan Coachman start announcing golf? His voice is making me want to smash things. :wall:

43 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

DJ quits. 

I'll never take that guy. Just can't be trusted to try.

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I'll never take that guy. Just can't be trusted to try.

I made the mistake last week. Never again

41 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I made the mistake last week. Never again

You are welcome.  I left him right there for you.

Tommy Fleetwood can eat a d1ck too. I'm not drafting anymore immigrants. 

Worst week since doing this. 4 guys MC. 

I have a rule.  No matsu.  No bubba.  No fowler.  

Broke the rule and took Bubba as I was feeling him to potentially win this for aome reason.  Looked good the first day at -4 then shits the bed and shoots +3 to miss the cut entirely.

In a lineup with Wernenski Gooch and Moore.

Ouch.  Never again.  Stick to the rules.

None of my 3 teams have a shot but I covered those bets with my Thursday winnings on 1 NASCAR team 

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

I have a rule.  No matsu.  No bubba.  No fowler.  

Broke the rule and took Bubba as I was feeling him to potentially win this for aome reason.  Looked good the first day at -4 then shits the bed and shoots +3 to miss the cut entirely.

In a lineup with Wernenski Gooch and Moore.

Ouch.  Never again.  Stick to the rules.

Fuckin gooch. Totally docked me over last week. Where was this last week?

13 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Fuckin gooch. Totally docked me over last week. Where was this last week?

That was my strategy since Im always a week early.  Played him last week a lot and he sucked.  So I had to go back to the well.  Too many times I have been a week early.  Then get mad at a player and avoid him the following week.  Only to watch him go off.   Newer strategy after seeing that happen over and over.

LOL. Just found out you can just submit lineups for free and win $ at draftkings. 

NFL Showdown Captain win. ATL vs MIA

I'm entering NBA contests an have no idea who is who other than the biggest names. I'm just clicking on names. It's like free lotto tickets.

1 hour ago, LOD01 said:

LOL. Just found out you can just submit lineups for free and win $ at draftkings. 

NFL Showdown Captain win. ATL vs MIA

I'm entering NBA contests an have no idea who is who other than the biggest names. I'm just clicking on names. It's like free lotto tickets.

I tried that and they still took my money so I unjoined. 

11 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I tried that and they still took my money so I unjoined. 

I'll have to monitor that.

I have Thompson, Wolf, Homa and Cink.  After yesterday was 4th out of over 2000 entries.  

However Fleetwood and Paul Casey missed the cut.  WTF.  So I'm sunk...... bastards.  I just need ONE to make the cut; Won't even scratch a buck now.  

Having the max make the cut is imperative to DFS golf.  

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I have Thompson, Wolf, Homa and Cink.  After yesterday was 4th out of over 2000 entries.  

However Fleetwood and Paul Casey missed the cut.  WTF.  So I'm sunk...... bastards.  I just need ONE to make the cut; Won't even scratch a buck now.  

Where do you stand now? I made a little bit last week with only 4 making the cut. 

17 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Where do you stand now? I made a little bit last week with only 4 making the cut. 

Let me look, I was to pissed to even sign on.  BRB

ETA:  135 out of 2118.  Still in the money, but I can only go down. My guys did pretty good today and still dropped 131 spots.  I guess I could scratch but its such an uphill battle with getting no points from a player on the weekend. 

It's like back in school, if there are five tests that make your grade and you make an A on four of them but somehow miss a test a get a 0 on the last one you might not even pass the class.  So hard to make up that ground.  I still have nightmares where I forget about a test in college to this day. 

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Let me look, I was to pissed to even sign on.  BRB

ETA:  135 out of 2118.  Still in the money, but I can only go down. My guys did pretty good today and still dropped 131 spots.  I guess I could scratch but its such an uphill battle with getting no points from a player on the weekend. 

You may be able to move up a little. If those 4 guys get hot tomorrow. Assuming they don’t all shat the bed you’ll at least turn a profit. 

1 minute ago, BiffTannen said:

You may be able to move up a little. If those 4 guys get hot tomorrow. Assuming they don’t all shat the bed you’ll at least turn a profit. 

I guess, hoping to at least get my entry fee back.  I was pulling so hard for Fleetwood on the back nine yesterday afternoon, he was even at the turn.....just needed a couple birdies down the stretch and he shat the bed.  I was in a prime spot for a big score.  

The highs and lows I guess. 

On 7/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, KSB2424 said:

It is ideal.  But it isnt as important as you are saying.  Or so I have read.  Yes to win a tourney it certainly is.  But to cash it isnt.  Something like 6% of lineups have all 6 make the cut.  I finished at the tail end of the money having bubba and casey, my 2 most expensive players miss the cut.   17.8k entries.  In 2000 entires Id assume it is even less imperative.

They both make the cut and I certainly make a small chunk rather than 5 bucks

Im new to dkf golf.  A month ago I won 2k on a single e dollar entry finished 2nd.  Seeing just how random and how good that lineup was quivkly made me realize how hard it is to finish high in a tourney.  I had like 4 guys who ginished top 10.  The winner.  All 6 made the cut.  And I still didnt win it.  The lineup was quite insane.  Ill never be a guy that plays a ton of lineups.

I like 50 50 games and a token shot in a tourney.   Id rather bet on golf than play daily fantasy golf.   Its fun to look at however.  But those tourneys are basically lotto tickets.and many players do way more research than me.

Lineup 1

R. McIlroy

P. Cantlay

T. Hatton

G. Woodland

C. Conners

M. Schwab

Lineup 2

J. Thomas

T. Hatton

G. Woodland

T. Fleetwood

A. Ancer

S. Scheffler 

I dont root for the guy but Adam Scott is flying under the radar.  I dont care if its his first time back.  It will scare others off but not me.

I have to join dk..but sounds fun..are there any referral bonuses??  If somone sends me an invite link?

4 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I have to join dk..but sounds fun..are there any referral bonuses??  If somone sends me an invite link?

Let me check

5 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

sent via PM

On 7/27/2020 at 8:34 AM, listen2me 23 said:

Im new to dkf golf.  A month ago I won 2k on a single e dollar entry finished 2nd.  Seeing just how random and how good that lineup was quivkly made me realize how hard it is to finish high in a tourney.  I had like 4 guys who ginished top 10.  The winner.  All 6 made the cut.  And I still didnt win it.  The lineup was quite insane.  Ill never be a guy that plays a ton of lineups.

I like 50 50 games and a token shot in a tourney.   Id rather bet on golf than play daily fantasy golf.   Its fun to look at however.  But those tourneys are basically lotto tickets.and many players do way more research than me.

In dfs golf you need to have at least 5 of 6 make the cut to cash in a tournament unless all 4 of your cut makers are top 10 or maybe better. It’s hard to overcome losing two days of counting stats from more than 1 golfer. 

but I’ve found it not too difficult to pick solid lineups and cut makers and finish up a few bucks. I’ve yet to win anything like 2k on a dollar entry ....

ownership percentage also matters. If your cut missed guy is 20%+ owned, it’s not going to hurt as bad because it’s also hurting over 20% of participants. 

For the FedEx St Jude I did a free 25 cent entry using points I’d built up. It was one of two lineups I had. I ended up winning a dollar 😆. But in reality that was a 4x win it was just sadly on kind of a throwaway entry. I had Koepka, Berger and Mickelson all finish T2. It was a no cut event. Only Hatton screwed me. I think first place won $600. 

for shiits and giggles, the winners lineup was Thomas, Koepka, T. Lewis, Lowry, Simpson and Bubba. So 1st, T2, T2, T6, T12, T25

FanDuel emailed me some free money. Their site sucks 

I'm big on:

Koepka

Matsuyama

Berger

Day

Finau

Hatton

Ancer

All my lineups will have some of these guys plus some cheap guys.  Still deciding on those.....

Cantlay

Koepka

Woodland

Kuchar

Wallace

Palmer

i'd really love to find a way to turn Kuchar into Day.  Koepka just seems built for this stuff.... Im high on Cantlay but I could drop down from him to Day and have some cap left.... Or I could swap Woodland for Day and go with someone super low instead of Palmer.....   I tried swapping Kuchar for Day but it leaves me with 6k salary and no one palatable. Im sure someone at 6k will make the cut but :unsure: