Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

18 year old son - Blue Lives Matter

now... I know it's cliché but I do in fact have a tbl sticker on my pov cause... you know... fockem... come at me bro...

If it was my kids car.... ya.. I won't let him put one on...

11 hours ago, MDC said:

I’ve seen a handful of MAGA flags and posters in the city and wondered if they get vandalized. I also used to pass a pickup with a Dallas Cowboys sticker in North Philly a few times a week. You’re asking for it at that point.

I always thought people that wore the opposing teams jersey to a stadium or arena, were idiots and asking for trouble. Then again, if you own a jersey and you're older than 18, you deserve a bottle off the head.

I wonder how many Lebron jerseys KSB owns?

17 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

We bought him a vehicle and the previous owner is a cop.  The cop had a blue lives matter flag decal on the window.  My son likes it and has it on.  It’s a freaking shame I’m concerned this could cause him some trouble.

Over reaction or should be a concern?

Depends on where you live.

Isn't it funny that there is a clear dividing line.... cops/conservatives on one side democrats/criminals on the other? And yet so many people are okay with siding with the criminals?

16 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Until you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I wouldn't like my child top have anything political on their car if they lived in a city.  I don't trust others.

This.

It's safe until it isn't. 

15 hours ago, drobeski said:

Do you agree with my point ? They arent equal ?

I agree, they are not equal.  Doesn't make what I said false though.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I always thought people that wore the opposing teams jersey to a stadium or arena, were idiots and asking for trouble. Then again, if you own a jersey and you're older than 18, you deserve a bottle off the head.

I wonder how many Lebron jerseys KSB owns?

I always thought the idiots were the losers who get all wound up if someone's wearing the opposing team's jersey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't blame you for being concerned.  I would also be concerned if he had a Black Lives Matter decal or an All Lives Matter decal because there are way too many crazy people out there.

This is a false equivalency and you know it. Black lives Matter people have engaged in >$800,000,000 worth of property damage whereas All Lives Matter people have engaged in roughly $0 in property damage.

Black Lives Matter people can go where they want and say what they want whenever they want without any fear.

Just now, Voltaire said:

This is a false equivalency and you know it. Black lives Matter people have engaged in >$800,000,000 worth of property damage whereas All Lives Matter people have engaged in roughly $0 in property damage.

OK

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This is a false equivalency and you know it. Black lives Matter people have engaged in >$800,000,000 worth of property damage whereas All Lives Matter people have engaged in roughly $0 in property damage.

Black Lives Matter people can go where they want and say what they want whenever they want without any fear.

Facts are not allowed here.  :nono:

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Facts are not allowed here.  :nono:

Either are differing opinions, apparently.

5 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

I just put up a small Gadsen flag in the flower bed in front of my porch. I give it 2 years before it's deemed unacceptable. Or is it already? 🤔

Depends where you live and how big your lawn is.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You didn’t just state your opinion. You made a false claim, and if you don’t know that at this point you never will.  Indoctrinated. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You didn’t just state your opinion. You made a false claim, and if you don’t know that at this point you never will.  Indoctrinated. 

What was the false claim I made?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Sure they are... but they should have merit.  Specifically with your Black Lives Matter comment, which is what Voltaire was commenting on.  If you have a BLM sign, flag, or sticker, you're pretty safe despite the fact that the BLM movement is very violent.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What was the false claim I made?

That displaying support for the violent activist group BLM has the same possible ramifications as showing support for the police. It’s a ridiculous assertion. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That displaying support for the violent activist group BLM has the same possible ramifications as showing support for the police. It’s a ridiculous assertion. 

I don't blame you for being concerned.  I would also be concerned if he had a Black Lives Matter decal or an All Lives Matter decal because there are way too many crazy people out there.

How is this not an opinion from me?  Some of you really go out of your way to argue on here.

My opinion is that I would be worried about my son having a BLM decal on his car in certain areas around here.  I live in a very conservative area and he could easily be in the wrong place at the wrong time where his car would get vandalized, especially at his new school.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sure they are... but they should have merit.  Specifically with your Black Lives Matter comment, which is what Voltaire was commenting on.  If you have a BLM sign, flag, or sticker, you're pretty safe despite the fact that the BLM movement is very violent.

My opinion does have merit.  Just because it doesn't fit your agenda doesn't mean that it doesn't have merit.  The odds of a vehicle with a Black Lives Matter decal on it at my son's new school would have a very high chance of getting vandalized.  Much higher than having a Blue Lives Matter decal.  It's a small school where the majority of families are farmers and very conservative.  Lots of self proclaimed rednecks there.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

How is this not an opinion from me?  Some of you really go out of your way to argue on here.

My opinion is that I would be worried about my son having a BLM decal on his car in certain areas around here.  I live in a very conservative area and he could easily be in the wrong place at the wrong time where his car would get vandalized, especially at his new school.

Still slanted so far in the other direction that trying to equate the two is ridiculous. If police precincts are being set on fire what does that tell you? This is a one way war. You don’t even throw out some anecdotal evidence of it happening the other way. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Still slanted so far in the other direction that trying to equate the two is ridiculous. If police precincts are being set on fire what does that tell you? This is a one way war. You don’t even throw out some anecdotal evidence of it happening the other way. 

I agree.  Overall it's more slanted towards the left being violent.  I haven't disagree once on that.  All I said is that I wouldn't put any political sign on my kid's car.  Not sure why you feel the need to treat this like some game that you win or lose at.  It's as if you're trying to pick a fight just for the sake of doing it.

44 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Depends where you live and how big your lawn is.

Predominantly white, middle class, on a quiet cul-de-sac with little traffic. I guess I'm good for 2 years, then.

10 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Predominantly white, middle class, on a quiet cul-de-sac with little traffic. I guess I'm good for 2 years, then.

I was pleased to see that my sister had found an isolated little ~fifty house subdivision where a river curves into a U shape and 1/2 to 2/3 her neighbors are Michigan State police officers, Coast Guard, or military. Thin blue line flags fly freely. It may well be the safest non-gated community in the country.

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Virginia has a bill that will make assault on a police office a misdemeanor.

Virginia gets hardcore dumber with each new newsflash about the place. The far left took complete control in the last election and all their pent up demands are being realized and going unchecked as they turn everything upside down.

Virginia is in for a rude awakening if Trump wins. So many of those people work in DC. Trump has said he wants to ship a lot of the departments to other parts of the country. Work for the department of labor and like your nice liberal town in the DC area? Sorry, you’re being transferred to Mississippi.