Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Jalen Reagor out a few weeks (torn labrum)

58 minutes ago, jrokh said:

First 3 weeks Philly has Wash, LA Rams, and the Bungles. If Jeffery is also out, I think J.J. Arcega-Whiteside could be a 3 week sleeper opton.

Greg Ward averaged about 12 PPR pts per week at the end of the season last year when they ran thin at WR--and he was a rookie then.  He is also listed as the 2nd-string slot receiver behind Reagor.on the 8/26 depth chart.

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Greg Ward averaged about 12 PPR pts per week at the end of the season last year when they ran thin at WR--and he was a rookie then.  He is also listed as the 2nd-string slot receiver behind Reagor.on the 8/26 depth chart.

My understanding is Ward is the slot receiver, with JJ and DJax on the outside...

Darn it, that’s a bummer, I was really targeting him.  

Only other wr I’ll take a look at , very very late, would be DJax.  

On 8/30/2020 at 7:28 PM, AxeElf said:

Arcega-Whiteside likely will be the starting X receiver for Week 1 at Washington, NBC Sports Philadelphia reports.

The 2019 second-round pick reportedly has shown significant progress in his second NFL training camp, building up a solid case for a role in the Philadelphia offense. Said role might've entailed rotating in as a backup, but it now appears more likely he'll start, with Jalen Reagor (shoulder) looking doubtful for the opener. While he probably won't be a target hog, the 6-foot-2 Arcega-Whitesides does offer a much different skill set than Z receiver DeSean Jackson and slot man Greg Ward, potentially lending to some volume in the red zone.

Listen to jrokh and you get the payoff, listen to the Elf, and you will fall over yourself...

47 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Arcega-Whiteside likely will be the starting X receiver for Week 1 at Washington, NBC Sports Philadelphia reports.

The 2019 second-round pick reportedly has shown significant progress in his second NFL training camp, building up a solid case for a role in the Philadelphia offense. Said role might've entailed rotating in as a backup, but it now appears more likely he'll start, with Jalen Reagor (shoulder) looking doubtful for the opener. While he probably won't be a target hog, the 6-foot-2 Arcega-Whitesides does offer a much different skill set than Z receiver DeSean Jackson and slot man Greg Ward, potentially lending to some volume in the red zone.

Listen to jrokh and you get the payoff, listen to the Elf, and you will fall over yourself...

Not sure why you're taking a shot at me here; your citation confirms my expectation of Ward starting in the slot in Reagor's absence.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Not sure why you're taking a shot at me here; your citation confirms my expectation of Ward starting in the slot in Reagor's absence.

Your lack of axual football knowledge is astounding. Raegor was set to start on the outside with Jeffery unlikely to be ready. ward was already in the slot. Regardless, my OP remains the same JJ is the guy you can target for a free 2-4 week flyer with some upside. have fun with Greg Ward...

Listen to jrokh and you get the payoff, listen to the Elf and you will fall over yourself...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Your lack of axual football knowledge is astounding. Raegor was set to start on the outside with Jeffery unlikely to be ready. ward was already in the slot. Regardless, my OP remains the same JJ is the guy you can target for a free 2-4 week flyer with some upside. have fun with Greg Ward...

Listen to jrokh and you get the payoff, listen to the Elf and you will fall over yourself...

Well, apparently your football knowledge is greater than the team's coaching staff, since they had Ward listed behind Reagor as the slot WR as recently as the 8/26 depth chart, before the news of Reagor's injury.

Congratulations on your appointment as the Eagles' new Director of Player Personnel!

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yea, you never take shots at anyone with 90% of your posts.

good info jrokh 

1 minute ago, JagFan said:

Yea, you never take shots at anyone with 90% of your posts.

good info jrokh 

Taking a shot at someone when they have erred is justified; taking a shot at someone because everything they said was proven accurate is a little more puzzling.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, apparently your football knowledge is greater than the team's coaching staff, since they had Ward listed behind Reagor as the slot WR as recently as the 8/26 depth chart, before the news of Reagor's injury.

Congratulations on your appointment as the Eagles' new Director of Player Personnel!

Nope, My football knowledge is merely superior to yours.... I noticed you didn't draft 'superstar wr' Greg ward in your 20 team league, how come? Why not pick him up since he is the guy to own while jeffery/Raegor are out (besides Djax)?

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Taking a shot at someone when they have erred is justified; taking a shot at someone because everything they said was proven accurate is a little more puzzling.

Ok, so we’re on the same page.

Lol at superior football knowledge.  

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Nope, My football knowledge is merely superior to yours.... I noticed you didn't draft 'superstar wr' Greg ward in your 20 team league, how come? Why not pick him up since he is the guy to own while jeffery/Raegor are out (besides Djax)?

First waivers run tonight.  Ward is on my waiver list among the players I have selected as potential replacements for dropping Mike Thomas, but he's not my first choice (he's my 4th choice)--largely for the reason you mentioned; he'll probably only be useful for the first 2-3 weeks until their WRs start to get healthy again.  My starting WRs should stay hopefully stay healthy for at least 2-3 weeks, so he would really only help me if the top Eagles' WRs continue to get hurt (which isn't totally unlikely, given their extensive injury histories).

Nobody has called Greg Ward a 'superstar wr' except you, and it seems odd that you would be so invested in playing the hyperbole game over a "3 week sleeper option."

You guys are talking about all these wide receivers, Zach Ertz is who you should be talking about!

2 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

You guys are talking about all these wide receivers, Zach Ertz is who you should be talking about!

Not really, Ertz will cost you a 3rd-5th rd pick. The discussion was more about guys you could get for free that will soak up the Jeffery/Raegor targets. 

Reagor 

On 9/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, AxeElf said:

this clown still posts here? :lol:

Bust.

Philly was trying to trade up for Lamb, but failed.  Ended up drafting a Wide Receiver who can't catch.  So,even when healthy, he'll still have no hands.