Sign in to follow this  
FlyinHeadlock

The Boys Season 2

Watched the three episodes they released FRI. Last season they were all available but for marketing, slow releasing three weekly. Three is a good number. Enough to keep bingers happy and keep the hype dialed up.

Really hating the new Stormfront Portland supe girl. Writers nailed why both factions despise her. You can just sense a truce will build up to take this progressive bltch out later. 

I like the the teasers of bringing in a couple more supes like a dubious Captain America and Super Woman. And Homlander trying to get his son to stop being a panzie with no success. It's so cruel and wicked but so much fun and frankly I applaud the tactics.    

I'm 8 episodes into season one and I really dig this show.  It's dark.  Well written.  Lots of HOLY SH!T moments.    Really enjoying it.

I've read season 2 is better than season one.      .  

I tried not to give any spoilers but yes, it's shaping up to be better. Season one, I read the scene with Maven bashing the armored truck in half, they used a real armored truck and rammed it into a metal pipe. Then CG'd her in.

That is freaking cool. Just watching that scene I recall wow, that actually looked impressive without knowing it was real. Like Avengers quality CGI. That scene alone made me want to keep watching. Amazing what they are doing with likely 2% of an Avenger movie budget. 

12 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Watched the three episodes they released FRI. Last season they were all available but for marketing, slow releasing three weekly. Three is a good number. Enough to keep bingers happy and keep the hype dialed up.

Really hating the new Stormfront Portland supe girl. Writers nailed why both factions despise her. You can just sense a truce will build up to take this progressive bltch out later. 

I like the the teasers of bringing in a couple more supes like a dubious Captain America and Super Woman. And Homlander trying to get his son to stop being a panzie with no success. It's so cruel and wicked but so much fun and frankly I applaud the tactics.    

I hated Stormfront as SOON as I saw her. Her and the girl that is like the PR girl who is in charge. 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

I hated Stormfront as SOON as I saw her. Her and the girl that is like the PR girl who is in charge. 

LOL they are totally building up to killing that bltch off. They wrote her into being a horrible person. Both factions want her dead. And that PR inclusive chick needs to suffer a horrible death. It's really the only show that trashes these kinds of people who disregard skills and base decisions on race which is totally phucked up. I don't want to give away spoilers but what Homelander did to her inclusive pick was awesome.

23 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

LOL they are totally building up to killing that bltch off. They wrote her into being a horrible person. Both factions want her dead. And that PR inclusive chick needs to suffer a horrible death. It's really the only show that trashes these kinds of people who disregard skills and base decisions on race which is totally phucked up. I don't want to give away spoilers but what Homelander did to her inclusive pick was awesome.

It’s a reason why I love this show. They totally call out those types of people for their bullsh1t and I love it 

I heard season 2 was going to be all about white nationalism and blaming white people in general for everything.  I was going to watch a review of season 2 episodes 1-3 but youtube took it down before i could, so its probably true.

3 minutes ago, riversco said:

I heard season 2 was going to be all about white nationalism and blaming white people in general for everything.  I was going to watch a review of season 2 episodes 1-3 but youtube took it down before i could, so its probably true.

Haven’t seen that yet. I’m on episode 2. God I hope not. 

I will wait to see some reviews before wasting my time on what is likely woke garbage.  I saw season 1, i don't need another season.

7 minutes ago, riversco said:

I will wait to see some reviews before wasting my time on what is likely woke garbage.  I saw season 1, i don't need another season.

Oh, it's not woke trash. They actually made a point to go full 180 woke. They trash diversity, religion and the main bad guy is black.

They're trashing both sides really.  Homelander is essentially a white nationalist.  They go out of their way to show that.  You guys probably don't notice it because you're busy nodding in agreement.

Homelander is a nationalist. Not a white nationalists. Notice he told the HR girl to find the best supe. He didn't say they had to be white. He also gave the asian guy a chance.

He just wants to win no matter what and the US to win since he is now a part of the US Military. He doesn't care about race. Only America winning no matter what. 

18 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Homelander is a nationalist. Not a white nationalists. Notice he told the HR girl to find the best supe. He didn't say they had to be white. He also gave the asian guy a chance.

He just wants to win no matter what and the US to win since he is now a part of the US Military. He doesn't care about race. Only America winning no matter what. 

There is not a scrap of difference between nationalist intent and liberal intent except what constitutes the "team" they root for.  A nationalist roots for a nation. A liberal roots for people in their ideological group.   Liberals just try to assign a severe negative connotation to nationalism even tho they 100% partake in that sort of system in a different way.

18 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Do you guys look into every show you watch like this?

LOL not me.  I've said it here before.  I can't keep track of all the stuff I'm supposed to protest. 

I saw someone recommend this show and thought I'd give it a try.  it was way better than I expected.  I will admit it IS nice that the show doesn't play to the current wave of wokeness.   That's kinda fun.  

14 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

LOL not me.  I've said it here before.  I can't keep track of all the stuff I'm supposed to protest. 

I saw someone recommend this show and thought I'd give it a try.  it was way better than I expected.  I will admit it IS nice that the show doesn't play to the current wave of wokeness.   That's kinda fun.  

I love the show.  I watched the three new episodes on Sunday and they were great.  I don't try to find any political meaning in shows and don't notice unless they try to make it blatantly obvious.  It must be miserable going through life nit picking everything in a political way.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I love the show.  I watched the three new episodes on Sunday and they were great.  I don't try to find any political meaning in shows and don't notice unless they try to make it blatantly obvious.  It must be miserable going through life nit picking everything in a political way.

Yeah I agree.  I just don't want to be angry all the time.  Life is too short.

Just now, supermike80 said:

Yeah I agree.  I just don't want to be angry all the time.  Life is too short.

I agree.  There are enough things in real life that I need to worry about already, no need to worry about finding political meaning in movies and in sports.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree.  There are enough things in real life that I need to worry about already, no need to worry about finding political meaning in movies and in sports.

I agree, but it's hard not to see/hear about professional athletes boycotting games/practices and making statements about racial injustice that are complete bullchit.

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I agree, but it's hard not to see/hear about professional athletes boycotting games/practices and making statements about racial injustice that are complete bullchit.

Definitely hard not to hear, but for me it's easy to ignore.  I just want to watch the games.  Everything outside of that I couldn't give a rat's ass about.  

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

It's really not all that hard to ignore it.  Don't watch the crap before and after the game, just watch the game.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

It's really not all that hard to ignore it.  Don't watch the crap before and after the game, just watch the game.

What about when you tune in to watch a game and find out that the players boycotted it?  How do you not notice that?  Just pretend the game's still going on?  I guess I could, but seems sorta weird.

What about when you tune in to watch a game and find out that the players boycotted it?  How do you not notice that?  Just pretend the game's still going on?  I guess I could, but seems sorta weird.

I then do something else or watch something else.  I would be disappointed and think it's stupid but that's just a tiny inconvenience in my life.  It's entertainment just like anything else on TV.  No different than if one of my favorite shows gets canceled or something like that.  I'll just move onto something else.

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Definitely hard not to hear, but for me it's easy to ignore.  I just want to watch the games.  Everything outside of that I couldn't give a rat's ass about.  

What about the helmets?  You know they're going to be showing NFL helmets with the names of these lowlifes who were shot by police.  How about the statements that are going to be painted in end zones?  Do you really think that won't be pointed out during the games?

I think it's bullchit.  I don't support it.  Therefore, I won't support the NFL or other professional sports.  I can't simply watch the game...The commentators won't let me.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I then do something else or watch something else.  I would be disappointed and think it's stupid but that's just a tiny inconvenience in my life.  It's entertainment just like anything else on TV.  No different than if one of my favorite shows gets canceled or something like that.  I'll just move onto something else.

And there's a significant difference between you and me. You're okay with them boycotting games, making statements, putting things on their helmets/shoes, painting stuff in end zones because you can simply look the other way.  I can't look the other way and I can't support the bullchit they're spewing.

• Like 1

And there's a significant difference between you and me. You're okay with them boycotting games, making statements, putting things on their helmets/shoes, painting stuff in end zones because you can simply look the other way.  I can't look the other way and I can't support the bullchit they're spewing.

Sounds like you're own problem.  Sometimes I think some people just like to be mad or upset about things.  If you want to watch sports and there is a game on, then watch it.  There's nothing stopping you.

6 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

What about the helmets?  You know they're going to be showing NFL helmets with the names of these lowlifes who were shot by police.  How about the statements that are going to be painted in end zones?  Do you really think that won't be pointed out during the games?

I think it's bullchit.  I don't support it.  Therefore, I won't support the NFL or other professional sports.  I can't simply watch the game...The commentators won't let me.

I totally respect your desire to protest that stuff.  I just don't wanna.  

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sounds like you're own problem.  Sometimes I think some people just like to be mad or upset about things.  If you want to watch sports and there is a game on, then watch it.  There's nothing stopping you.

It's not a problem for me.  I'm not mad or upset.  I choose not support them because they and the MSM want to bring bullchit issues to the field/game.  That simple.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

I totally respect your desire to protest that stuff.  I just don't wanna.  

I don't have a problem with people protesting sports or businesses but I just find it odd when they say they're not able to do something anymore.  Like, they can't watch football anymore.  Of course you can, just watch it if you want.

On 9/6/2020 at 12:06 AM, FlyinHeadlock said:

Oh, it's not woke trash. They actually made a point to go full 180 woke. They trash diversity, religion and the main bad guy is black.

LOL..the main bad guy is Homelander..the white guy with the USA cape that raped someone and then sent the compound v worldwide to create super villians to give the 7 usefulness.  

On 9/6/2020 at 2:16 AM, FlyinHeadlock said:

he did not give the asian guy a chance...not saying he had to, but he didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't have a problem with people protesting sports or businesses but I just find it odd when they say they're not able to do something anymore.  Like, they can't watch football anymore.  Of course you can, just watch it if you want.

Have people said they can't watch it?  That's definitely weird.  As long as it's televised, people can watch...unless they're incapable of operating their tv I suppose.

Just now, Herbivore said:

LOL..the main bad guy is Homelander..the white guy with the USA cape that raped someone and then sent the compound v worldwide to create super villians to give the 7 usefulness.  

he did not give the asian guy a chance...not saying he had to, but he didn't. 

Did he actually rape her though, or is that just what Butcher believes?

Just now, Gladiators said:

Have people said they can't watch it?  That's definitely weird.  As long as it's televised, people can watch...unless they're incapable of operating their tv.

All the time.  Maybe no one on here has said it but I see people say it all the time on Facebook and Twitter.  It always makes me laugh because pretty soon there won't be anything for them to watch or any businesses to buy from because they are boycotting them all.  Most of them are full of crap and posting their fake outrage on social media.

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Did he actually rape her though, or is that just what Butcher believes?

seems like becca and homelander agree

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

All the time.  Maybe no one on here has said it but I see people say it all the time on Facebook and Twitter.  It always makes me laugh because pretty soon there won't be anything for them to watch or any businesses to buy from because they are boycotting them all.  Most of them are full of crap and posting their fake outrage on social media.

I have pointed this out here also..just watch hoops, ignore the woke stuff, but no, our righty geeks gotta cancel!!  and be mad at cancel culture.

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

I have pointed this out here also..just watch hoops, ignore the woke stuff, but no, our righty geeks gotta cancel!!  and be mad at cancel culture.

I tried to tune into a Bucks game.  They chose note to play.  Oof

I tried to tune into a Bucks game.  They chose note to play.  Oof

oh ok, in that case you should never watch sports again snowflake