Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bfros

CMC shoulder injury?

Recommended Posts

yep...status for next week very much in doubt according to Rapoport. This has an ominous feel.....I bet he broke his collarbone. FML. Throwing out trade offers to the Davis owner as fast as I can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you'd hope that they could do an xray already to see if it was a fracture??? I know MRIs take longer....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, he came back for one week, just to face my team and blow up, lol

Injuries starting to pile up, one right after the other.

I hate to say it, but we've seen this before with plenty of RBs.

He may not be the same, reliable RB from here on out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Crap i dropped Mike Davis 

Neva bench Stephen Davis!

(or any RB with the last name Davis)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bfros said:

yep...status for next week very much in doubt according to Rapoport. This has an ominous feel.....I bet he broke his collarbone. FML. Throwing out trade offers to the Davis owner as fast as I can

Agreed, this has a very bad feel to it.  Every time a notification goes off on my phone I flinch expecting it to say "CMC out 4-6 weeks with shoulder injury".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Agreed, this has a very bad feel to it.  Every time a notification goes off on my phone I flinch expecting it to say "CMC out 4-6 weeks with shoulder injury".  

that's exactly what i expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest report from head coach says he’s “day to day” and that they are awaiting MRI results. Does this imply the X-rays came back negative? Don’t they do X-rays right away? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s had lots of touches the past seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Out for Week 10... 

 

 

Does a player usually seek a second opinion because the first one reported good news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrokh said:

 

Does a player usually seek a second opinion because the first one reported good news?

No, they don't seek a second opinion if it's good news. I'm no doctor but I've been watching this kinda "second-opinion" type thing for a long time. It's likely because he is on the borderline between a grade 3 or worse sprain of his AC/SC joint, and they are trying to decide whether he needs surgery or not. If the sprain was a low grade, he'd be out for a week or so and it'd be pain tolerance. But if the first doc diagnosed it as a higher grade, then the possibility of surgery is there and a second opinion will be sought out. And even if it's not a high grade sprain requiring surgery, I would expect the panthers to be very conservative with him. 

If you can sell him right now for someone like Gaskin or another mid-tier RB, I'd risk it. You have about 24 hrs to make the move. Huge risk, but I gotta feeling he's done for fantasy purposes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bfros said:

No, they don't seek a second opinion if it's good news. I'm no doctor but I've been watching this kinda "second-opinion" type thing for a long time. It's likely because he is on the borderline between a grade 3 or worse sprain of his AC/SC joint, and they are trying to decide whether he needs surgery or not. If the sprain was a low grade, he'd be out for a week or so and it'd be pain tolerance. But if the first doc diagnosed it as a higher grade, then the possibility of surgery is there and a second opinion will be sought out. And even if it's not a high grade sprain requiring surgery, I would expect the panthers to be very conservative with him. 

If you can sell him right now for someone like Gaskin or another mid-tier RB, I'd risk it. You have about 24 hrs to make the move. Huge risk, but I gotta feeling he's done for fantasy purposes. 

Did you stay at a holiday inn express last night?  

Just heard on NFL Network that Rhule was saying it isn't an end of season type injury.  

I don't think I'd sell for Gaskin but I'd definitely sell if someone offered something decent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Did you stay at a holiday inn express last night?  

Just heard on NFL Network that Rhule was saying it isn't an end of season type injury.  

I don't think I'd sell for Gaskin but I'd definitely sell if someone offered something decent.  

Haha holiday inn. Nice

You got a link to the Rhule quote? I hope I’m wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bfros said:

Haha holiday inn. Nice

You got a link to the Rhule quote? I hope I’m wrong. 

Sorry, not a direct quote but that is what siciliano (ears) said while talking to the insider guy.  

Definitely the coach could be just hoping though.  The 2nd opinion thing should scare anyone who is an owner.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Sorry, not a direct quote but that is what siciliano (ears) said while talking to the insider guy.  

Definitely the coach could be just hoping though.  The 2nd opinion thing should scare anyone who is an owner.

Here’s the link https://www.nfl.com/news/wednesday-s-nfl-injury-and-roster-news-for-week-10

interesting that Rhule does admit it’s an AC issue. The 2nd opinion is almost certainly to see if surgery is required or not. Rhule seems hopeful but coaches always are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been concerned about this inevitability for some time. They've been pounding this guy into the ground for the last two years. 326 touches in 2018, then 403 touches last season....totaling over 1,700 touches since college. That's nothing to sneeze at......it's not like he's a huge back either.

Could, unfortunately, be the start of a career trend with him....through no fault of his own. I would still have no issue drafting him in the top 3 next season....but would make double sure that I snagged Mike Davis in the mid-rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rapaport just tweeted that after the 2nd opinion there is the possibility that McCaffrey suits up next week against the Lions.  

 

😕 Was able to magically get Davis off waivers and was eyeing that Detroit game as a possible start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Top 3 RB this season all busts. 

Not Henry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can the top three Rbs this season be considered bust? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I considered Henry at 5 and went with Dalvin instead. Consensus was CMC, Saquan, Zeke, Thomas, all busts then Henry went 6th. Bad year to draft in the top 4! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Welp...

 

That whole situation seemed fishy. CMC getting a second opinion and walla, only going to miss one game. methinks matt rhule likes playing games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Panthers are going to petition the NFL to move to the AFC South and switch with Jacksonville.  Whenever they play Tampa, their tampon players get boo boos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think the Panthers are going to petition the NFL to move to the AFC South and switch with Jacksonville.  Whenever they play Tampa, their tampon players get boo boos.

What have the bucs done over the past decade to give you this feeling of superiority over the panthers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

What have the bucs done over the past decade to give you this feeling of superiority over the panthers?

In the last 5 seasons, there were a bunch of players that got knocked out of games, including McCaffrey, Newton, Bridgewater, Moore, Kuechly, and Thompson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 3:13 PM, Jarvis Basnight said:

Sorry, not a direct quote but that is what siciliano (ears) said while talking to the insider guy.  

Definitely the coach could be just hoping though.  The 2nd opinion thing should scare anyone who is an owner.

Here’s the link https://www.nfl.com/news/wednesday-s-nfl-injury-and-roster-news-for-week-10

interesting that Rhule does admit it’s an AC issue. The 2nd opinion is almost certainly to see if surgery is required or not. Rhule seems hopeful but coaches always are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) is unlikely to play in Week 11 against the Lions. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter said the Panthers are "preparing [for] a multi-week absence" for their star running back after he hurt his shoulder late in the team's Week 9 loss to Tampa. Carolina could be without CMC and Teddy Bridgewater (knee) this week; that should make the Detroit defense a top Week 11 streaming option. Mike Davis, who left Week 10 briefly with a thumb injury, would presumably remain the team's primary back, though his fantasy usefulness has dwindled in recent starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think he’s done for season. Week 14 after their bye would be earliest but not sure why they’d risk reinjury to franchise player when their season is over. 

trade him ASAP if you can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×