Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Derrick Henry for MVP

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

It might be around the 8th bet TD:INT rate ever.  Foles had a 27:2 ratio one year.  I know Rodgers and Brady both had at least one higher than that as well.

Yeah Rodgers' 25:2 in 2018 is obviously a better ratio than 48:5. It's not even close margin-wise, though. Considering both margin and ratio, one could argue it's the best ever.

Also his passer rating of 121.5 was the 2nd best ever, 1 point behind his own record set in 2011. List of National Football League annual passer rating leaders - Wikipedia

Can you believe there are still people ranking Saquon ahead of Henry for next years draft? Saquon can now be considered injury prone and I’d want a part of Titans offense over giants either way. 

14 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Can you believe there are still people ranking Saquon ahead of Henry for next years draft? Saquon can now be considered injury prone and I’d want a part of Titans offense over giants either way. 

RSP said Henry and Chubb were better prospects than Barkley, that dude knows what he's talking about.

2 hours ago, t.j said:

RSP said Henry and Chubb were better prospects than Barkley, that dude knows what he's talking about.

Prospect-wise, meaning talent.... nah, Barkley is better.  All things being equal, I'd take Barkley over the other two.  He's a more well rounded player.  Barkley's so good that he not only made Eli not look like trash, he made Jones not look like trash.  The Giants win 10 games this year, maybe more, if Barkley stayed healthy.

Now, injuries factored in, that's a different story.  But coming out of college, Barkley was better than both.

Barkley is faster but his vision and tackle breaking isn't good enough to put them at their level IMO.

31 minutes ago, t.j said:

Barkley is faster but his vision and tackle breaking isn't good enough to put them at their level IMO.

I don't know how true that is.  I've never seen any evidence of that, but I'll take your word for it.  I just know that both Tennessee and Cleveland used to have pretty good OLines and the Giants' blew chunks.  Yet, Barkley put up strong numbers making two bad QB's look good.

What we have seen out of Barkley is an outstanding rookie season where all the hype was warranted.

Followed by a decent 2nd season, but certainly not up to the expectations that were there going in. Injuries a bit of a concern.

Then a 3rd season that was a total bust due to serious injury.

Is the potential for him to be a top flight RB1 still there?

I suppose so, but he's starting to remind me of David Johnson. One excellent season followed by years of hype and disappointment.

On 1/3/2021 at 8:32 PM, kilroy69 said:

In a pass heavy league he was a man amongst boys. No qb this year should get it over a rb that had 2k yards. 

I agree, any RB that rushes for 2000 yards in a season deserves the MVP

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

What we have seen out of Barkley is an outstanding rookie season where all the hype was warranted.

Followed by a decent 2nd season, but certainly not up to the expectations that were there going in. Injuries a bit of a concern.

Then a 3rd season that was a total bust due to serious injury.

Is the potential for him to be a top flight RB1 still there?

I suppose so, but he's starting to remind me of David Johnson. One excellent season followed by years of hype and disappointment.

I think Barkely just simply needs to stay healthy.  

I can understand the comparison to DJ one and done, but Barkely coming into the nfl they aren’t even close.  

Pretty easy to give up on DJ as a rb1. I wouldn’t when it comes to Barkely.  

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think Barkely just simply needs to stay healthy.  

I can understand the comparison to DJ one and done, but Barkely coming into the nfl they aren’t even close.  

Pretty easy to give up on DJ as a rb1. I wouldn’t when it comes to Barkely.  

I'm not saying to give up on him yet. If he's healthy, I'm sure he'll still be an excellent fantasy RB.

The margin for error though is razor thin at this point. Once those injuries start to pile up, not long before they lose a step, then it's the beginning of the end.

I think as one ages I would agree, he’s a young player.  

Im not concern with his return.  

I’ll probably have him ranked a little higher than most.  

We’ll see.  

37 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think as one ages I would agree, he’s a young player.  

Im not concern with his return.  

I’ll probably have him ranked a little higher than most.  

We’ll see.  

I think he's still a first round pick, top 5 perhaps, but I don't see him being the #1 any more

I didn’t see him as number one going into any season so far.  

But he’s still a top five I would say to four. 

Right now I’m probably going to say Mccaffery would be the top rb for me.