MDC

I got a new dog!

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

If you adopt one from a rescue, they will do a check on you, your home, the conditions you want plan to keep them in...

Not true. Been to many shelters when dating a chick who was all into visiting and getting dogs from shelters and for our "adoptions" neverr got checks on us. None.

Got two dogs from two different "rescue" shelters. They wouldn't allow us to take any of the dogs for a walk to see how they act outside of the shelter. Inside the shelter, the dogs act scared or angry. Take them for a walk and see how they react to other people or other people's pets and that's a big "no".

Mental illness is strong in shelter dogs. They have been abandoned, possibly beaten and abused for years, and as for one girl's dog I knew, it was found in a drain pipe and was abused heavily by someone who had short hair. I knew this for sure because I had longer hair at the time and when I approached it with my hair down, it liked me. When my hair was pulled back, it focking growled at me and went after me with a vengeance. Go figure. Shelter dog. 

There are so many flaws in these shelters you can't even believe

Put the dogs out of their misery and stop making them priority over fixing our human crisis on this earth.

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Not true. Been to many shelters when dating a chick who was all into visiting and getting dogs from shelters and for our "adoptions" neverr got checks on us. None.

Got two dogs from two different "rescue" shelters. They wouldn't allow us to take any of the dogs for a walk to see how they act outside of the shelter. Inside the shelter, the dogs act scared or angry. Take them for a walk and see how they react to other people or other people's pets and that's a big "no".

Mental illness is strong in shelter dogs. They have been abandoned, possibly beaten and abused for years, and as for one girl's dog I knew, it was found in a drain pipe and was abused heavily by someone who had short hair. I knew this for sure because I had longer hair at the time and when I approached it with my hair down, it liked me. When my hair was pulled back, it focking growled at me and went after me with a vengeance. Go figure. Shelter dog. 

There are so many flaws in these shelters you can't even believe

Put the dogs out of their misery and stop making them priority over fixing our human crisis on this earth.

Sounds like you went to some pretty shitty shelters. 

We adopted 2 Jack Russell mixes. I had two phone interviews, an in person interview and had to show proof that I owned my home and didn't rent, that the yard was fenced, that the dogs wouldn't be left alone all day...

I say put the humans out of their misery and leave the doggos alone. People suck. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

We adopted 2 Jack Russell mixes. I had two phone interviews, an in person interview and had to show proof that I owned my home and didn't rent, that the yard was fenced, that the dogs wouldn't be left alone all day...

I say put the humans out of their misery and leave the doggos alone. People suck. 

Who regulates the pit bull releases and the shelters handling their mentally focked up dogs?

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Who regulates the pit bull releases and the shelters handling their mentally focked up dogs?

I don't know. Maybe you should write Jobama a letter and ask him to put together another useless federal task force to handle this non-issue

Maybe you could head it up. :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I don't know. Maybe you should write Jobama a letter and ask him to put together another useless federal task force to handle this non-issue

Maybe you could head it up. :thumbsup:

I would prefer to put them all to sleep. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I would prefer to put them all to sleep. :thumbsup:

Feel the same about the deadly Cocker Spaniel, do you? 

Feel the same about the deadly Cocker Spaniel, do you? 

No. Not deadly. Just deranged. Pit bulls, deadly. Kill them all. 

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No. Not deadly. Just deranged. Pit bulls, deadly. Kill them all. 

• Pit Bull. With 66 fatalities to their name, Pit Bulls are the most dangerous breed of dogs in the world. ...
  • Cocker Spaniel. With 59 fatalities, this breed comes at the second position. ...
  • Rottweiler. ...
  • Tosa Inu. ...
  • Bullmastiff. ...
  • German Shepherd. ...
  • Husky. ...
  • Wolf Dog Hybrid. ...
  • Malamute. ...
  • Doberman Pinscher. ...    

Where do you draw the line?

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:
  • Pit Bull. With 66 fatalities to their name, Pit Bulls are the most dangerous breed of dogs in the world. ...
  • Cocker Spaniel. With 59 fatalities, this breed comes at the second position. ...
  • Rottweiler. ...
  • Tosa Inu. ...
  • Bullmastiff. ...
  • German Shepherd. ...
  • Husky. ...
  • Wolf Dog Hybrid. ...
  • Malamute. ...
  • Doberman Pinscher. ...    

Where do you draw the line?

I don't care that much about fatalities caused by sick dogs. Just get rid of them. 

People get these things, then the dogs shlt all over the home, throw up in the car when in motion, bark their asses off when the owner is away, eat loaves of bread off the counter. Etc, etc, etc.

This is why so many people bring these deranged animals to the freaking "shelters" in the first, second, third, and fourth place. 

I don't care that much about fatalities caused by sick dogs. Just get rid of them. 

People get these things, then the dogs shlt all over the home, throw up in the car when in motion, bark their asses off when the owner is away, eat loaves of bread off the counter. Etc, etc, etc.

This is why so many people bring these deranged animals to the freaking "shelters" in the first, second, third, and fourth place. 

Get rid of the people. Problem solved. 

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Sure. You first. 

I'm not the one afraid of a lesser species. 

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I'm not the one afraid of a lesser species. 

I'm not afraid. They are just a nuisance like termites in the home. Are you afraid of a termite or a fly or a cockroach or whatever else? I'm guessing not. You just deal with them when they either bother you or they start costing this country a lot of money.

Congrats on your new buddy. You just have to love dogs. We just got a new Frenchie of course we rented him instead of purchasing him. Working on resolving that now.

Here is my other 120lb goofball.

I'm not afraid. They are just a nuisance like termites in the home. Are you afraid of a termite or a fly or a cockroach or whatever else? 

Yes you are. You're afraid of pit bulls. It's ok to admit it. Nobody here will think any less of you for it, trust me. 

Also, flies cause a helluva lot more death than do pit bulls. If you're going to be afraid of something, flies and mosquitoes is what you should worry about. Pit bulls are waaaaay down the list. 

Yes you are. You're afraid of pit bulls. It's ok to admit it. Nobody here will think any less of you for it, trust me. 

Also, flies cause a helluva lot more death than do pit bulls. If you're going to be afraid of something, flies and mosquitoes is what you should worry about. Pit bulls are waaaaay down the list. 

Mine is half piit and most loving dog I ever had. I'm use to having German Shepard's and great dogs!

7 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Mine is half piit and most loving dog I ever had. I'm use to having German Shepard's and great dogs!

:thumbsup:

Pitts raised in a good environment are some of the most loving, loyal dogs you'll ever see. Good on you, sir!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I want all stray dogs dead. Pitbulls included. Has nothing to do with fear. Poodles too.

I want all stray dogs dead. Pitbulls included. Has nothing to do with fear. Poodles too.

Meh, remove all the people, the dog population will work itself out. Remove all the dogs and people will continue to breed like rats and fock everything up around them. 

Dogs ain't the problem. 

Just now, 5-Points said:

Meh, remove all the people, the dog population will work itself out. Remove all the dogs and people will continue to breed like rats and fock everything up around them. 

Dogs ain't the problem. 

Ok. You first then. Bye. :wave:

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Ok. You first then. Bye. :wave:

All in good time junior. 

Until then I'll start breeding pit bulls just so you can keep wetting your bed. :wave:

All in good time junior. 

Until then I'll start breeding pit bulls just so you can keep wetting your bed. :wave:

Keep trying skippy. With the right owner, maybe you can be smart. 

Keep trying skippy. With the right owner, maybe you can be smart. 

Sadly, there's no hope for you. Pay no attention to this needle. :(

10 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Sadly, there's no hope for you. Pay no attention to this needle. :(

What hope are you talking about? I just want stray dogs wiped clean of this country. 

Why would anyone give a crap about a bunch of mentally ill dogs? 

13 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What hope are you talking about? I just want stray dogs wiped clean of this country. 

Why would anyone give a crap about a bunch of mentally ill dogs? 

Why do you think there are so many stray dogs in this country? 

4 hours ago, 5-Points said:

This has been our experience as well.  They also check in with your vet to make sure you've taken proper care of current or previous dogs. 

What kind of shelter wouldn't allow you to take the dog for a walk to get to know them better?  Sounds pretty damn sketchy.

2 hours ago, DonS said:

This has been our experience as well.  They also check in with your vet to make sure you've taken proper care of current or previous dogs. 

What kind of shelter wouldn't allow you to take the dog for a walk to get to know them better?  Sounds pretty damn sketchy.

Humane Society are the main problems and make it harder to adopt a animal then a human. I get we don't want the animals abused but come on ? The risk is to high they may be abused so lets just euthanize them. I will donate to the no kill shelters but Humane Society will get nothing from me.!

I have a dog and two cats and got them off of people so they won't have to take them there as the last resort. Not true and brought the one stray cat in and didn't want to see her going there but hope you get my point.

8 hours ago, DonS said:

Yep. Had to sign a contract stating that I would take them to the vet at certain times to get vaccinations, chipped and spayed/neutered. The appointments were made by the shelter ahead of time. If we missed any of the appointments the shelter could come and take them back. 

They try really hard to ensure that they aren't sending these animals into shitty homes with dooshbag people.  

8 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Awww :wub:

Animals >>> Most humans

Most humans think they're owed something in life. Don't think they have to work hard for a living. And generally feel their opinion is the only one that matters and they're better than you.

A dog just wants to be your loyal friend. Who would you rather have as your friend. Sux is right. Animal's >>> Most Humans

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Yep. Had to sign a contract stating that I would take them to the vet at certain times to get vaccinations, chipped and spayed/neutered. The appointments were made by the shelter ahead of time. If we missed any of the appointments the shelter could come and take them back. 

They try really hard to ensure that they aren't sending these animals into shitty homes with dooshbag people.  

I am guessing they’re more or less picky depending on the likelihood that the dog will get adopted and it’s circumstances. 

I had to fill out a lengthy questionnaire and give 2 personal references and a vet reference to adopt my pup and they called all three. They didn’t do a home visit or anything but my dog is a mutt who came from a kill shelter.

If the dog is purebred from a no kill shelter they’d probably have done the visit etc. They did already set up his initial vet appointment and date to get clipped.

12 hours ago, 5-Points said:

:thumbsup:

Pitts raised in a good environment are some of the most loving, loyal dogs you'll ever see. Good on you, sir!

Sure they are, until they eat your face.

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

I am guessing they’re more or less picky depending on the likelihood that the dog will get adopted and it’s circumstances. 

I had to fill out a lengthy questionnaire and give 2 personal references and a vet reference to adopt my pup and they called all three. They didn’t do a home visit or anything but my dog is a mutt who came from a kill shelter.

If the dog is purebred from a no kill shelter they’d probably have done the visit etc. They did already set up his initial vet appointment and date to get clipped.

I have adopted 3 dogs. I definitely see a trend where they are being more cautious with placements.

- One was 25 years ago and they did a little background check. Mainly just a questionnaire.

- One was 12 years ago and they did a more thorough background check, but no home visit and no call to the vet.

- One in October during COVID and they did an online questionnaire, voice interview, Zoom virtual home visit and they called my vet. 

With all of that said, no one should think that this is even remotely close to adopting a child as that is far more vigorous. Trust me as we have done that too. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Sure they are, until they eat your face.

Pits are bred to be killers in most cases. It's the breeder/trainer/owner that should be put down. Yet people blame the animal that knows, learned nothing else.

Another clear example of Animals/dogs >>> Most humans

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Pits are bred to be killers in most cases. It's the breeder/trainer/owner that should be put down. Yet people blame the animal that knows, learned nothing else.

Another clear example of Animals/dogs >>> Most humans

Well it's the animal that's eating the face, and pits have the physical tools to eat faces more than most other dogs.

I agree that it's the owners fault, but the dog still has a natural instinct to snap and has the ability to kill.  It happens far too often.  One of my kid's friends was attacked by the family pit bull when she was 3.  Sweetest most lovable dog, until the attack.  The kid was lucky to live, and has scars all over her face.

I always avoid any kind of pit when I see them.

41 minutes ago, MDC said:

There were over 250 people that applied to adopt one of the two we got. He was the most popular of the litter. The foster said she wanted to do an in home visit but I think it was more to judge my willingness to do so. In the end she settled for pics of the yard. I think the fact that we were able to take him and one of his siblings played in our favor. 

You people must have grown up around some pretty shltty family and friends and such to rank the dogs in your life as >>> people.

I guess while all you were growing up letting your dogs lick the inside of your mouths and other things I was enjoying friends, family, and letting human females I met along the way lick the inside of my mouth and other things.

To each his own I guess. :dunno: