Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Chicago is going to push section 8 into higher income areas

31 minutes ago, peenie said:

Steal from a neighbor?? Are you serious? 

I'm not an expert on section 8 but I know a little about it from experience...of not having it but wishing I had it and knowing a few people that did have it, good people, not the criminals you imagine in your fantasies. 

How many homicides in Chicago in January 2021?
The latest tally is a sharp increase from the 35 slayings recorded in the same month last year, according to statistics released Monday by the Chicago Police Department. According to records kept by the Chicago Sun-Times, there were 54 homicides in January 2021.
chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021/2/1/22261431/chicag…

3 hours ago, peenie said:

If you don't hear yourselves, just look at those old videos. 

Times changes, you people don't.

What do you mean, "you people?"  

4 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

What do you mean, "you people?"  

She's a racist pure and simple.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

Just so you know, a section 8 place is simply any apartment or any house that agrees to take in a low income family. It's not like some special place. It's not project housing. So, the Trump Tower could've had a section 8 family if they wanted to do it. The government pays the rent or part of the rent for the family. What they usually do is put the section 8 people in a certain segregated area instead of just a few families in an area where no one would even know their rent was subsidized. That's why section 8 or project housing gets such a bad name. Too many poor people together in an area where there are no jobs is not really a good idea. 

Celebrities take advantage of rent controlled apartments in New York City. Look it up. 

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of private landlords actually prefer Section 8 tenants as it’s guaranteed payments 

11 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of private landlords actually prefer Section 8 tenants as it’s guaranteed payments 

Annnddd that’s why we also have slum lords. They fill up (but not fix up) dilapidated buildings with section 8 tenants. These landlords become rich off of government money while people must live in filth, bug and rat infestation, no heat, lead and no flame retardant paint, holes in floors....

Yet, some landlords, I’ve witnessed, are saints. 

There is benefit from a financial situation.  You get paid, and they are sure to destroy everything,  so you get that writeoff. But you don't fix everything. You get it good enough.  No one cares. Then when it gets really bad, you kick everyone out and start over.  Probably a 20-25 year cycle.  Real paying tenants have demands, and real non paying tenants exist. What a hassle.

Yeah, I own a million dollar property that I rent out. Let’s kill the neighborhood it’s in so I can get those guaranteed payments. I’ve been suffering all this time without them.  Liberals are so stupid.  

I do like the idea of Section 8 overall.

Getting kids away from other dirtbags is likely a good thing, but their parents remain, and that is a problem still.

Regardless, removing these kids from the horrible culture and environment and moving them into a good one, that could be a winner over time.

Maybe this has been mentioned before, but this is old news.  In fact, really old. 

At one time, Cabrini Green was one of the most notorious public housing projects in Chicago.  It's proximity to the Gold Coast and the Magnificent Mile was a problem for citizens and businesses for years.  They were finally able to tear in down in 2011, but not without jumping through a lot of hoops.  One of those hoops was mandating that 30% of all new housing built in it's place be reserved for section 8 tenants.  I'm not sure how many remain, but initially there were a lot of section 8ers living in those condos that sold for around $300K.

19 hours ago, TimHauck said:

We owned 11 of 15 condos in a Bridgeport, CT building at one point.  We rehabbed them all, and rented them out.  4 of them were rented to section 8ers.  They were no better or worse than the other tenants.  Collecting the section 8 money was automatic.  Not so for all the others, as we would sometimes have to chase them for it.  

3 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Maybe this has been mentioned before, but this is old news.  In fact, really old. 

At one time, Cabrini Green was one of the most notorious public housing projects in Chicago.  It's proximity to the Gold Coast and the Magnificent Mile was a problem for citizens and businesses for years.  They were finally able to tear in down in 2011, but not without jumping through a lot of hoops.  One of those hoops was mandating that 30% of all new housing built in it's place be reserved for section 8 tenants.  I'm not sure how many remain, but initially there were a lot of section 8ers living in those condos that sold for around $300K.

:lol: Remember when Jane Byrne stayed a night there? To prove something? Whatever it was.

People that lived around Cabrini Green called the people who lived there vampires because of how when it got dark out they would stream out into the night after staying in doors all day. 

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

We owned 11 of 15 condos in a Bridgeport, CT building at one point.  We rehabbed them all, and rented them out.  4 of them were rented to section 8ers.  They were no better or worse than the other tenants.  Collecting the section 8 money was automatic.  Not so for all the others, as we would sometimes have to chase them for it.  

Maybe you'll believe him instead of me. :dunno:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, peenie said:

He didn't live there.  He has no idea who they stole from.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

:doh:

34 minutes ago, peenie said:

Bridgeport is one of the biggest shitholes in America. FYI. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

59 minutes ago, peenie said:

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bridgeport is one of the biggest shitholes in America. FYI. 

This place was right on the border of Fairfield, so it was actually tame compared to most of Bridgeport.   We had other places that were much sh!ttier.  But make no mistake, most of these people lived on the edge of poverty.  The building itself didn’t experience much crime aside from people robbing the washers and dryers occasionally. 

The places were always trashed when someone moved out.  No exceptions.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

The places were always trashed when someone moved out.  No exceptions.

Yeah, I guess it doesn't matter if the government pays for it or not.