Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Teachers quitting

Normally I’m quite supportive of teachers, but not these ones. Go ahead and give up your careers—we’ll remember who was willing to step up to the plate and help, and who wasn’t.

South River, New Jersey (CNN)Fifteen years ago, Annette Lang left a Wall Street career for a new start. She was finally ready to follow her passion -- teaching. It brought her back home to New Jersey, where she got a job as a fifth-grade teacher at South River Elementary School.

Two years ago, Lang began teaching middle school math. She was having a blast.
"I just felt like I was hitting my stride there," she told CNN. "I was really excited about coming in and really blowing the walls off."
Lang, now 61, was planning to stay in the classroom, with no thought of early retirement.
"I was going to go at least four more years, until I turned 65," she said. "And possibly after."
The coronavirus pandemic changed everything.
"I had my first panic attack in 60 years of my life. I was worried about getting sick, I was also worried about bringing something home," Lang said, explaining her husband is older than her and has a pre-existing condition, making him more vulnerable if exposed to Covid-19.
Lang said she was concerned about the school building itself.
"When you look at the CDC guidelines, the big thing that they kept saying about schools is open the windows, open the windows," she said. "Windows in my building don't open."
Ultimately, Lang left her job in December, after what she called a "very difficult" decision.
Being a teacher is not just a job ... I am a teacher, it's part of our persona."
Lang is not alone. Teacher retirements are up in several parts of the country. Michigan saw a 44% spike from August to February compared to the previous year, while one of the largest districts in California, Long Beach Unified, reported a 35% increase in teacher leaves of absence to the Learning Policy Institute (LPI) at Stanford University.
Linda Darling-Hammond, LPI president and an adviser to the Biden transition, said: "Teacher attrition is very high in the United States. It's twice as high as it is in places like Canada or Finland or Singapore."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/us/schools-pandemic-teachers-quit-wellness/index.html

They are all supported by another person who works hard for a living. Soon to be divorced unless the guy is a loser and has no other options in life.

The teachers I know including my wife are fed up with the stupid rules that just don't work. They just want to go back to normal teaching but the unions and politicians need to grandstand.

Virginia has a had a lot of retirements as well...  They decide to hang it up because of the virus concerns or struggles with teaching online to most children that don't want to learn to begin with...  I don't blame them...  I know my wife was concerned as well bring home COVID...

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Virginia has a had a lot of retirements as well...  They decide to hang it up because of the virus concerns or struggles with teaching online to most children that don't want to learn to begin with...  I don't blame them...  I know my wife was concerned as well bring home COVID...

Early last year absolutely. I obviously don't speak for all teachers, but it really sucks for them right. And yes I know people have misdirected hate for teachers when it's the unions they actually hate.

My wife has to wear a focking mask all day, keep kids separated, teach kids online, live stream kids who are guaranteed. It's a focking nightmare right now. She was b1tching about it last night and I asked her if she wanted to quit. She said no, but I was hoping she would say yes.

What a focking game.  They got paid for a year to do nothing.  And now they are going to look for disability.  Scum.

Teachers and cops. That's gotta be the 2 worst careers out there right now to want to get into.

11 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Early last year absolutely. I obviously don't speak for all teachers, but it really sucks for them right. And yes I know people have misdirected hate for teachers when it's the unions they actually hate.

My wife has to wear a focking mask all day, keep kids separated, teach kids online, live stream kids who are guaranteed. It's a focking nightmare right now.

The same thing my wife is doing...  She can retire in four years when she reaches 30 in the county, so she isn't going to hang it up now...

But she is definitely working more now than she did pre-COVID and she worked a lot then as well...

33 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

My wife has to wear a focking mask all day, keep kids separated, teach kids online, live stream kids who are guaranteed. It's a focking nightmare right now. She was b1tching about it last night and I asked her if she wanted to quit. She said no, but I was hoping she would say yes.

I understand those issues. My ire is towards the ones that are butthurt they have to come back

35 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I understand those issues. My ire is towards the ones that are butthurt they have to come back

My wife has been in school, everyday, since September.  And these idiots have been called heroes, and given raises.  What do you expect?  They aren't in it for the kids. And what I said is true, we are looking at massive disability for these losers who now have PTSD while doing nothing. 

When people say “I’m scared to go outside or be around people” I automatically am thinking how big of a poosay they are and know immediately that they are liberal pieces of sh1t

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

When people say “I’m scared to go outside or be around people” I automatically am thinking how big of a poosay they are and know immediately that they are liberal pieces of sh1t

I have been out every single day since this whole chinese flu has started. I only wear masks inside stores because it's mandatory.  I don't know if I had the chinese flu or not, but I'm doing fine while others are fearing for their lives, having panic attacks and hiding indoors. 

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

First part right. Second part probably about half of the time :dunno:

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

First part right. Second part probably about half of the time :dunno:

ALL I’ve heard it from are people who ride Biden and Kamalas d1cks. In person, on tv, and on social media. I’d say it’s more 80%-90% than half 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

ALL I’ve heard it from are people who ride Biden and Kamalas d1cks. In person, on tv, and on social media. I’d say it’s more 80%-90% than half 

I know 2 public school teachers, 1 in chicago, 1 in the chicago burbs, and they are close to my family through relationships, and I know for a fact they are are stupid. Just like the rest of them. Just stupid.

44 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I know 2 public school teachers, 1 in chicago, 1 in the chicago burbs, and they are close to my family through relationships, and I know for a fact they are are stupid. Just like the rest of them. Just stupid.

Liberals are equating college to intelligence. Anyone who doesn’t have a degree is uneducated and therefore stupid in their opinion. Yet they can’t figure out which bathroom they want to use :doh: 

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Liberals are equating college to intelligence. Anyone who doesn’t have a degree is uneducated and therefore stupid in their opinion. Yet they can’t figure out which bathroom they want to use :doh: 

It's their rich/upper middle class privilege speaking. A$$holes. The colleges and universities were being hijacked even before i started there but now they just churn out mindless, woke zombies, taking non-challenging classes in barely academic fields.

We're sold a bill of goods about the effectiveness of a college degree. I know I sure was. School came easily to me, up through High School, I always got good grades without working very hard and was never challenged. My SAT and ACT scores were really high. Teachers would always encourage me 'You're really smart, you should go to college. It's an escalator to a better life." So I had this ego thing going on, "yeah, I'm one of the smart ones, everyone is stupid except for me."  I was poor but had been a big fish in a  ...er... sub-par school system. From there, I'd spent most of my 20s either attending, or figuring out how to pay for, college.  Young people can earn a lot of money and sooner, in the trades and at a far more reasonable price tag. All my life, even now, I'd always had one foot in that blue collar world I grew up in, with the other in the white collar world of college, and I never did fit in either. I still don't, really, truth be told.

Anyway, both China and the US have the exact same problem for the exact same reason. These countries are both flooded with a bunch of young people with worthless college degrees working jobs way below their skill set. The US ones are worse off because they are saddled with lots of debt on top of it. Meanwhile good paying jobs in the trades are plentiful, but there aren't enough people trained to do them. And that's because both countries look down on the trades. I personally, almost got sucked into that category of worthless college degree working way below my skill set world but barely, by the skin of my ass, escaped that trap by keeping my wits about me. I loved college, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the critical thinking skills and the writing skills that I honed and fine tuned there, but I know full well that I'd have been better off had I just learned a trade right out of High School, rather than go into the Army and then National Guard, and go to college, and some other really bonehead choices I made, such that I found myself at 29 living with my mother, substitute teaching, spinning my wheels in life, and being depressed. Getting on that plane for China was the best/smartest thing I ever did. In the end, I landed on my feet. I shudder to think what might have happened if I'd not done so. 

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

It's their rich/upper middle class privilege speaking. A$$holes. The colleges and universities were being hijacked even before i started there but now they just churn out mindless, woke zombies, taking non-challenging classes in barely academic fields.

We're sold a bill of goods about the effectiveness of a college degree. I know I sure was. School came easily to me, up through High School, I always got good grades without working very hard and was never challenged. My SAT and ACT scores were really high. Teachers would always encourage me 'You're really smart, you should go to college. It's an escalator to a better life." So I had this ego thing going on, "yeah, I'm one of the smart ones, everyone is stupid except for me."  I was poor but had been a big fish in a  ...er... sub-par school system. From there, I'd spent most of my 20s either attending, or figuring out how to pay for, college.  Young people can earn a lot of money and sooner, in the trades and at a far more reasonable price tag. All my life, even now, I'd always had one foot in that blue collar world I grew up in, with the other in the white collar world of college, and I never did fit in either. I still don't, really, truth be told.

Anyway, both China and the US have the exact same problem for the exact same reason. These countries are both flooded with a bunch of young people with worthless college degrees working jobs way below their skill set. The US ones are worse off because they are saddled with lots of debt on top of it. Meanwhile good paying jobs in the trades are plentiful, but there aren't enough people trained to do them. And that's because both countries look down on the trades. I personally, almost got sucked into that category of worthless college degree working way below my skill set world but barely, by the skin of my ass, escaped that trap by keeping my wits about me. I loved college, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the critical thinking skills and the writing skills that I honed and fine tuned there, but I know full well that I'd have been better off had I just learned a trade right out of High School, rather than go into the Army and then National Guard, and go to college, and some other really bonehead choices I made, such that I found myself at 29 living with my mother, substitute teaching, spinning my wheels in life, and being depressed. Getting on that plane for China was the best/smartest thing I ever did. In the end, I landed on my feet. I shudder to think what might have happened if I'd not done so. 

I’ve seen videos of kids posting their essays and talking about their teachers. One was a guy who’s family immigrated from somewhere legally. His teacher made then write an essay on the people at the border trying to come in. Most kids wrote how “they need to be let in and given food and shelter”. His essay was about how they need to come in legally like they’re supposed to. He got a C- and his teacher wrote “you’re from Syria (or somewhere along those lines) you should be empathetic towards them and understand the fighting they’ve been doing”. Apparently most kids can’t express their opinion cause the teachers will give them bad grade. And it’s more than just him I saw. HUNDREDS of kids were posting how they’re having to hide their opinions and agree with the teacher for fear of getting a bad grade