Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Teen girl pleads guilty to killing Uber Eats driver near Nats Park

Bye bye. :wave:

A teenage girl is preparing for sentencing next month after admitting she killed an Uber Eats driver near Nationals Park in March.

The 15-year-old girl charged with killing Mohommad Anwar, 66, entered a guilty plea on May 5 to a charge of felony murder, according to D.C. Superior Court spokeswoman Claire Huber.

Prosecutors dropped the other charges against the teen, whose identity is protected as she pleaded in juvenile court. It’s unclear whether the plea is part of a deal with the prosecutor’s office.

Multiple passersby recorded video of the teen and her 13-year-old accomplice attempting to steal the Springfield, Virginia, man’s car in front of Nationals Park on March 23.

Anwar is seen in the video hanging onto the car as the carjackers accelerated into a curb and flipped the car, killing the Uber Eats driver.

The 13-year-old girl is still facing charges and will have a hearing set next week, Huber said.

The 15-year-old’s sentencing will be held on June 4.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wtop.com/dc/2021/05/teen-girl-pleads-guilty-to-killing-uber-eats-driver-near-nats-park/amp/

4 minutes ago, posty said:

I doubt she will get more than 20 years...

20?  She'll be out by the time she's 21 years old.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah you are probably right...  

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Maybe 18 after juvie.

I'm guessing she was "tried" as a juvenile, based on the article.  So I'm thinking that she'll be in Juvenile detention until 18, then sent to prison until she's 21 and be let out.  In my opinion, that's ridiculous.  But as the mayor of DC said, the driver should have been more vigilant.  :dunno:

They'll get a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile, in Florida, another high school student (and her mother) are being tried as an adult in criminal court for rigging a homecoming queen election (seventeen y/o at the time, eighteen now). https://www.usnews.com/news/offbeat/articles/2021-05-04/florida-teen-charged-as-adult-in-rigged-homecoming-election#:~:text=PENSACOLA%2C Fla. (AP) — A Florida teen accused,that Grover will be tried as an adult.

Murdering a guy gets you a slap on the wrist, wheras being an accompice as your mother rigs a high school election ruins your life.

Systemic black privilege.

Just now, Voltaire said:

They'll get a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile, in Florida, another high school student (and her mother) are being tried as an adult in criminal court for rigging a homecoming queen election.

Murdering a guy gets you a slap on the wrist, wheras rigging a high school election ruins your life.

Yep.

23 minutes ago, peenie said:

Horrible. 

Thanks for focusing on the crime. I wish more threads were like this. 

We had another thread on this case when it first happened.  we discussed extensively the fact that the two black girls were more concerned about where their cell phones were then the fact that they had just killed a man.  Monsters.

The punishment should fit the crime. Put both girls in a crash test dummy car with no seatbelts and smash that car into a brick wall at 100 mph. 

Has LeBron weighed in? He did when the heroic cop in Ohio saved that girls life by putting down that knife wielding beast.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Has LeBron weighed in? He did when the heroic cop in Ohio saved that girls life by putting down that knife wielding beast.  

The victim was Asian. I’m surprised the nba didn’t force him to put out a statement. 

Ahhh... wasn’t Chinese 

I think every generation seems to lament the up and coming ones, noting how inferior they are....but I have to say, the kids we are producing across this nation are pretty low quality in many ways.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I think every generation seems to lament the up and coming ones, noting how inferior they are....but I have to say, the kids we are producing across this nation are pretty low quality in many ways.

So many really suck. Glad my kids are being raised overseas.

Did she ever find her phone? That is what's really important.

14 hours ago, Voltaire said:

They'll get a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile, in Florida, another high school student (and her mother) are being tried as an adult in criminal court for rigging a homecoming queen election (seventeen y/o at the time, eighteen now). https://www.usnews.com/news/offbeat/articles/2021-05-04/florida-teen-charged-as-adult-in-rigged-homecoming-election#:~:text=PENSACOLA%2C Fla. (AP) — A Florida teen accused,that Grover will be tried as an adult.

Murdering a guy gets you a slap on the wrist, wheras being an accompice as your mother rigs a high school election ruins your life.

Were they voting on Dominion machines?

15 hours ago, Voltaire said:

each face a maximum 16-year sentence

:mellow:

Just now, Utilit99 said:

each face a maximum 16-year sentence

:mellow:

I read yesterday that she'll be released when she turns 18.  That's about 3 years.

Just now, Strike said:

I read yesterday that she'll be released when she turns 18.  That's about 3 years.

Wrong girl.  The girl facing 16 years is already 18, the one in Florida.  The other girl in DC is only 15.  That's the one who'll be out in 3.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

I was referring to the high school kiddie contest rigging. 

47 minutes ago, bob_probert_2000 said:

Were they voting on Dominion machines?

Not in this case, no.

Someone noticed that a bunch of high school student accounts were logging in one, after the other, after the other, in a brief period of time, all from the same IP address and all casting homecoming queen votes for the daughter. It turned out that the IP address led to mom, who was an assistant principal in an elemetary school in that school district, and who had access to student accounts in the whole district.

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I was referring to the high school kiddie contest rigging. 

Ahhh....Sorry about that.  I didn't read what you quoted.

8 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Not in this case, no.

Someone noticed that a bunch of high school student accounts were logging in one, after the other, after the other, in a brief period of time, all from the same IP address and all casting homecoming queen votes for the daughter. It turned out that the IP address led to mom, who was an assistant principal in an elemetary school in that school district, and who had access to student accounts in the whole district.

You see, there's this stuff called sarcasm..  catch it.  :)