cyclone24

***Wagering thread***

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

MSU doesnt take a ton of 3s.  Does a lot of work with 2s.  And UNC has a good presence inside.  I like the matchup for UNC.  But again MSU and Izzo vs UNC.  Id feel better if it was a similar matchup but some other school and not Izzo.  

Everything you said is true but MSU has looked like dogchit most of the year.  This isn't the typical Izzo team.

But I get that Izzo tends to Izzo around tourney time. 

Basketball its a crapshoot because who thr F knows whos gonna hit 42% from 3 or what team will show up and go 24% from 3.  Who knows.

A and M isnt an offensive team at all.  They scored at will.  

Reading that UNC has thr highest number of tickets at MGM of todays games 

Orville and Wilbur getting shot down 

I goosed the Dayton line up a bit in two parlays.

I did bet them at +9.5 as in individual bet so lost that one. 

thursday was a shit show for me. yesterday was a lot better. Today I only placed a few using some profit boosts. Gonzaga -3.5 for one....   and now I need Oakland ML for a 3 leg parlay.. tight game, expecting NC State to pull away 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

thursday was a shit show for me. yesterday was a lot better. Today I only placed a few using some profit boosts. Gonzaga -3.5   and now I need Oakland ML for a parlay.. tight game, expecting NC State to pull away 

This game seems impossible to predict.

I've got bets on the over, Oakland ML, and State -6.5

Colorado +4.5

Duke -7.5

Clemson +4.5

Alabama -5.5

San Diego State -5.5

Threw $5 on Schauffele to win at +5500. He’s done and 1 shot off lead,  if this course is tough coming home.

7 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

lol, yesterday good, today bad.

Same as it ever is. 

Yesterday was my only bad day and getting back on track so far today, Riding the Favs mostly today.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

DK giving free bonus bet for MLB

Yep good for any bet.

I don't love betting baseball.  Does anyone have any tips for how to best use the free bet?

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Yep good for any bet.

I don't love betting baseball.  Does anyone have any tips for how to best use the free bet?

O/U worked for me when I use bet on Baseball, I imagine pitching is not up to par with the  new season just starting and would look for a good Over bet.

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Does anyone have any tips for how to best use the free bet?

I have never bet baseball either nor do I follow it. However, after learning about the free DK bet I found this and will be placing a small 4-5 team parlay on favored  AL home teams. Might also take the Run Line (spread) instead of the Money Line. At the moment I am leaning towards Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Houston & Seattle. The article explains it well enough.

Good Luck

5 minutes ago, mattman7168 said:

I have never bet baseball either nor do I follow it. However, after learning about the free DK bet I found this and will be placing a small 4-5 team parlay on favored  AL home teams. Might also take the Run Line (spread) instead of the Money Line. At the moment I am leaning towards Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Houston & Seattle. The article explains it well enough.

Good Luck

Love it.

Thanks boyo. 

If you want to bet MLB run lines, the +/- 1.5 can be a little scary.  If you split your stake into 2 different wagers it “simulates” a +/-1 run line.  For example, tomorrow Balty is +115 on the run line, and -190 on the ML. If you make 2 wagers, 1 on the ML and 1 on the RL, you will push if they just cover 1 run. If your normal unit is $10, you would put $6.55 on the ML at -190 and $3.45 on the RL at +115. Obviously if they cover the -1.5, you win both wagers. This will simulate an overall -135 line and you would win $7.41 total on your 2 separate wagers. You can use this calculator to see how to split it up. Works for NHL puck lines also

https://yourfielderschoice.com/runline_calculator

@bostonlager   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

If you want to bet MLB run lines, the +/- 1.5 can be a little scary.  If you split your stake into 2 different wagers it “simulates” a +/-1 run line.  For example, tomorrow Balty is +115 on the run line, and -190 on the ML. If you make 2 wagers, 1 on the ML and 1 on the RL, you will push if they just cover 1 run. If your normal unit is $10, you would put $6.55 on the ML at -190 and $3.45 on the RL at +115. Obviously if they cover the -1.5, you win both wagers. This will simulate an overall -135 line and you would win $7.41 total on your 2 separate wagers. You can use this calculator to see how to split it up.

@bostonlager   

That seems interesting. I will check it out this evening when I put my opening day card together. 

Arizona -7.5

San Diego State +11

Alabama +4.5

Illinois +2

12 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Arizona -7.5

San Diego State +11

Alabama +4.5

Illinois +2

Cool that is what I have for tomorrow as well. Hope I'm not a jinx.

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Cool that is what I have for tomorrow as well. Hope I'm not a jinx.

First two rounds I was solid. Hopefully it continues. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

First two rounds I was solid. Hopefully it continues. 

Saturday I was crap but good all the other days. Hope it does continue for you. Really like the San Diego game cause they play good D.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Saturday I was crap but good all the other days. Hope it does continue for you. Really like the San Diego game cause they play good D.

Same. I went 0-3 Saturday, but recovered Sunday with a 5-0

• Thanks 1

Atlanta -130

16 hours ago, Fireballer said:

If you want to bet MLB run lines, the +/- 1.5 can be a little scary.  If you split your stake into 2 different wagers it “simulates” a +/-1 run line.  For example, tomorrow Balty is +115 on the run line, and -190 on the ML. If you make 2 wagers, 1 on the ML and 1 on the RL, you will push if they just cover 1 run. If your normal unit is $10, you would put $6.55 on the ML at -190 and $3.45 on the RL at +115. Obviously if they cover the -1.5, you win both wagers. This will simulate an overall -135 line and you would win $7.41 total on your 2 separate wagers. You can use this calculator to see how to split it up. Works for NHL puck lines also

@bostonlager   

Trying this with the Reds today

Amount Wager Number Odds Amount To Risk Amount To Win
25 1 155 7.01 10.87
2 130 10.87 14.13
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Fireballer said:

@bostonlager   

Just noticed two tabs - risk and to win so I did another one

Amount Wager Number Odds Amount To Risk Amount To Win
25 1 155 9.80 15.20
2 130 15.20 19.75
  • Like 1

Put in a $1 NCAAB/MLB parlay to pay $609

Arizona -7.5
San Diego State +11
Alabama +4.5
Orioles -1.5
Tampa Rays -1.5
Astros -1.5
Rangers ML
Guardians ML
Mariners -1.5

43 minutes ago, mattman7168 said:

Put in a $1 NCAAB/MLB parlay to pay $609

Arizona -7.5
San Diego State +11
Alabama +4.5
Orioles -1.5
Tampa Rays -1.5
Astros -1.5
Rangers ML
Guardians ML
Mariners -1.5

There he is!!! Where have you been?

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

There he is!!! Where have you been?

You're making me blush 😊

Been quietly betting all along. Won some. Lost some. Still about even.

1 hour ago, mattman7168 said:

You're making me blush 😊

Been quietly betting all along. Won some. Lost some. Still about even.

Don't be a stranger. I'm going to do my best to bet baseball this year. The past couple years I got bored and just bet on golf. 

Looking ahead to UFC 300.  Charles Olivera, Jiri Prochalka and Jim Miller at all plus money?  Yes please.  I think Sterling opened as the dog too but that line has moved.  

Holly Holm as a huge underdog.  More about her opponent later.

Pereira is going to murder Hill in the main event.

On 3/27/2024 at 12:47 PM, mattman7168 said:

Good Luck

So much for taking the AL favored home teams on opening day. Astros lost and Tampa got killed.

And this ends my foray into MLB betting. I'll stick to NBA and March Madness for now 

5 hours ago, mattman7168 said:

So much for taking the AL favored home teams on opening day. Astros lost and Tampa got killed.

And this ends my foray into MLB betting. I'll stick to NBA and March Madness for now 

I caught the ending and Astros came close and got called out at the tag on the plate.