Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Foot injury for Travis Etienne

Lisfranc injury?

That's never a thing you want to hear...

Hopefully it's not a serious thing, but it's the sort of injury that can linger all season if they're not careful

J Williams in that keeper league. 

• Thanks 1

This was a close one.

Etienne has been a favorite of mine for some time.  Watching him in college, and his ability to take any play to the house, I determined that I was going to draft him heavily when he made it to the pros.  But then he got drafted by the Jags as the 2nd RB on a poor team, and my interest was dulled a bit.  If he'd been drafted by the Steelers, I would probably have 30 shares of him by now.  To make matters worse, he has a Week 7 bye this year, and with six teams on a bye in Week 7, he conflicted with a lot of my top targets (Ezekiel Elliott, Najee Harris, CeeDee Lamb, Adam Thielen, Mike Williams), so as a result, I only have 2 shares of Etienne in 45 leagues.  Unfortunately, they are both in best-ball leagues, so I won't be able to replace him with a free agent in those two leagues, but still, I have to feel like I lost the minimum here.  I'd probly have at least 10 shares of Etienne if it wasn't for his Week 7 bye.

I was targeting Robinson as a later round flex - he will be shooting up draft boards now. 3rd rounder i guess, maybe 2nd

52 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I was targeting Robinson as a later round flex - he will be shooting up draft boards now. 3rd rounder i guess, maybe 2nd

lol  That would be quite the overreaction!  I still wouldn't take him before the 5th-6th, with guys like Chris Carson and Mike Davis still on the board in the 3rd-4th.

I would agree, I can see Robinson going third round now.  

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

lol  That would be quite the overreaction!  I still wouldn't take him before the 5th-6th, with guys like Chris Carson and Mike Davis still on the board in the 3rd-4th.

¿Que? What's standing in between him and another 275 touches?

There’s zero chance an RB who showed that can have a big season last year and is now poised to take a large workload is available rnd5 and even rnd4 will be a stretch but also good value.

I draft TONIGHT.  I got me some J-Rob last year off the F/A wire, and was VERY happy.

Prior to THIS news, he was system / default ranked #70.  I agree with a few others, about getting him in Round 3.  BUT - that would mean no Keenan Allen / Mike Evans / A-Rob.

What say YOU??

(Prior to the news, I was hoping to get J-Rob or Mike Davis (ranked 93) in Round 6.

I guess if you think Etienne comes back week 12, you have to bake in going into the playoffs without knowing what Etienne's workload will be.   

1 minute ago, nobody said:

I guess if you think Etienne comes back week 12, you have to bake in going into the playoffs without knowing what Etienne's workload will be.   

Hearing it’s unlikely he makes it back for the season so you can pretty much count him out.

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Hearing it’s unlikely he makes it back for the season so you can pretty much count him out.

If Etienne is out for the season, Robinson is easily a 3rd rounder.

Per my league's website:

"finished seventh among RBs in both scrimmage yards and fantasy points despite missing two games. Robinson was a factor as a rusher (sixth in carries) and receiver (10th in targets) while playing 70% of the offensive snaps."

Yeah, 3rd round it is.

***  and, Etienne HAS been placed on IR!

3 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Etienne HAS been placed on IR!

I think with covid rules, that doesn't end his season.  I think any player can come back after 3 weeks.

Jaguars placed RB Travis Etienne on injured reserve with a Lisfranc injury, ending his season. 

By sending Etienne to injured reserve now, the Jaguars are making him ineligible to return this season

Per Rotoworld.

Robinson is easly a third round pick, maybe even late second if you went wr first round. 

I'm confused by the IR rules.  

“The NFL just made it official in a memo to clubs: Unlimited players can return from a team’s injured reserve list in 2021 and they’re eligible after missing three games, rather than eight weeks, per source. A popular change spawned by COVID challenges stays for another year.

Worth noting: As in the past, only players on the 53-man roster after cutdown are eligible to be designated for return from IR (or NFI). Limits “stashing” scenarios. So, this year that’s anytime after 4 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday, Sept. 1.” 

So, that 2nd paragraph indicates he can't come back.

I draft this weekend, but if you’ve already drafted, what value did you get Robinson at? 

And congrats. 

I've now got him as my RB 9 - after Chubb and before Ekeler, Carson, Mixon, N. Harris, and Davis.

Robinson HAS proven he can take a FULLseason of pounding.  (Harris is an unknown.)

Oh - league is a full-point PPR.

39 minutes ago, nobody said:

¿Que? What's standing in between him and another 275 touches?

A season of NFL football.

Hey, if people want to add Robinson to the list of players they'll overdraft, that's fine by me.  Put him on the list...

Dalvin Cook

Jonathan Taylor

Austin Ekeler

Nick Chubb

Antonio Gibson

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

J.K. Dobbins

David Montgomery

D'Andre Swift

James Robinson

More draft values for the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

A season of NFL football.

Hey, if people want to add Robinson to the list of players they'll overdraft, that's fine by me.  Put him on the list...

Dalvin Cook

Jonathan Taylor

Austin Ekeler

Nick Chubb

Antonio Gibson

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

J.K. Dobbins

David Montgomery

D'Andre Swift

James Robinson

More draft values for the rest of us.

The bold/red names should be removed from the list. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

The bold/red names should be removed from the list. Thanks

Taylor is starting to work his way off the list as his ADP drops to a more appropriate late 2nd round position, but when he was going in the top 5, hoo-boy!  There are going to be some disappointed early drafters when Taylor returns RB2 value this season.

Cook could probly still be among the top 10--top 5, even... but 2nd overall is too high for a guy you know won't be with your team for the fantasy playoffs--and possibly quite a bit longer than that, given the extra game this season.

Ekeler and his career-high 3 rushing TDs doesn't belong anywhere near a list of top 10 RBs.

Gibson is not only injury-prone, but mired in a strong committee backfield.

Dobbins is in a 3-way committee led by his QB.

Robinson isn't on the list yet at his current ADP, but if he creeps into the 3rd round, he'll definitely earn his spot on the list.

Welcome.

42 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Cook could probly still be among the top 10--top 5, even... but 2nd overall is too high for a guy you know won't be with your team for the fantasy playoffs--and possibly quite a bit longer than that, given the extra game this season.

Ekeler and his career-high 3 rushing TDs doesn't belong anywhere near a list of top 10 RBs.

You can’t know which games Cook misses. He could miss 3 games early, mid, late or never. 

Ekelers career high for rushing TDs is 8, not 3. If you try to say you meant season high last year, he only played a handful of meaningful games so it’s about as relevant as your “Uzomah was top 5 ppg last year (he played 2 games)” argument.

Your insight and opinions are good, the cases you use to make them are consistently trash. Clean it up or it’s back on the shelf!

42 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

You can’t know which games Cook misses. He could miss 3 games early, mid, late or never.

His pattern has been to go on IR sometime near the end of the season, typically somewhere around Week 12-13.  With 18 weeks this season, that's an extra week that Cook's owners will be without him--and he almost certainly won't be around to help your team survive the playoffs that he helped you get into.

44 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Ekelers career high for rushing TDs is 8, not 3. If you try to say you meant season high last year, he only played a handful of meaningful games

Please tell me which year Ekeler rushed for 8 TDs.

No, his career high is three rushing TDs in a season, which he accomplished in 2018 and 2019.  Last season he had 1 rushing TD, but you've already dismissed last season, so whatevs.

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Harsh for dynasty owners of Etienne...

LisFranc injuries are perhaps among the worst injuries a RB can have.

Especially if it is bad enough to have to operate.

for most, you can come back from it, but you are never the same.   There are an awful lot of careers that have ended within 2-3 years of having this injury.

They have put a 12 week timeline on this kids recovery, but I'd suggest he will have no fantasy value this year.

dont take my word for it.  google it.  

Trust me when I tell you, any pick used on this kid is a waste.  even in keeper/dynasty leagues.  Trust me when I tell you,  You want no part of this.

Talented kid, but the odds have shifted against him badly in terms of a long and/or productive career.

I feel terrible for the kid.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Cook's owners will be without him--and he almost certainly won't be around to help your team survive the playoffs that he helped you get into.

Complete nonsense, he could play all year or miss games at any point, there’s absolutely nothing that says he will specifically miss games playoff time.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Please tell me which year Ekeler rushed for 8 TDs.

I’m dead wrong and apologize for thinking I was correcting you there. It was 8 receiving tds.

F&^% me..  😱

ESPN moved J-Rob all the way up to 30!!  I pick 8th, 17th . and 32nd.  Not gonna take J-Rob over S. Diggs.. 

5 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

F&^% me..  😱

ESPN moved J-Rob all the way up to 30!!  I pick 8th, 17th . and 32nd.  Not gonna take J-Rob over S. Diggs.. 

they always will move someone as a knee jerk reaction.  and most often they overreact and move further than they should.

in a week or so it will settle to where it likely needs to be.   but I agree. you dont take him over Diggs.

14 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

there’s absolutely nothing that says he will specifically miss games playoff time.

Other than Axe Elf, you mean?

And of course Cook's injury history...

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

And of course Cook's injury history...

Oh? He could miss any games from weeks 1-18 or none of them. To say otherwise is an insult to logic. He will most likely miss a couple games but I can’t say which. It’s fine to not want to risk those being in the playoffs.

Last year Cook played weeks 13, 14, 15, 16 for my championship team. I can post the game logs. He missed week 17 when no leagues should be having their champ game. (Last year, so don’t pull some sneaky “week 17 is the champ game this year!”) BS.

So the fact that he missed week 16 in 2019 is not your “Aha gotcha!” moment. If I draft him I’ll sacrifice a goat and bathe in chicken blood to ensure he plays the last half of the season. If he doesn’t it’s your fault.

32 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

He will most likely miss a couple games but I can’t say which.

Well, Axe Elf can.  So why are YOU trying to act like the expert here?

4 hours ago, unloopme said:

Do you draft him 3rd overall in dynasty and stash?

No, I wouldn't do that. There's too many other good prospects to draft a guy 3rd who's probably not gonna play this season

• Like 1