Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Was AxeElf Right?

Recommended Posts

If you want to add predictions to the thread, please refer the requested updates to the Change Control Board.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, posty said:

You've chosen to ignore content by AxeElf. Options 

Aaah...  One of the best things to do...

...when you need to lose your FF leagues for a tax write-off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nobody said:

As official arbiter of this thread.  I would say TBD on the TreQuan having 4 20+ point games, correct on Gaskin and he takes the L on Robby Anderson, CJ Uzomah, and Golladay so far.  And from what I can tell of Sean's team, I'll say if he has the 2nd most points, his team is obviously not trash, so let's call it 1-4-1 so far.


Although I think all-play record is a better indicator of trashiness of a team since I wouldn't say a team that ends the year second and points, but scores the lowest 4 weeks and the highest 4 weeks is very good.  Not that I think that's the case here.  Just my preferred metric. 

From my understanding of the original comment it was that Gaskin would be no worse than 25th running back on the year. Right now he is beyond that and lower. If I'm wrong on the original statement from someone else I can adjust it.

 

For all-play record what are you looking for exactly? I can provide the numbers as necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

From my understanding of the original comment it was that Gaskin would be no worse than 25th running back on the year.

Ah, now I can see the source of your confusion.

No, I was countering the idea that Gaskin was a solid choice for an RB2, when he would be more likely to finish in the RB20-25 range.  So being even worse than that only confirms Axe Elf's contention that Gaskin was NOT a legitimate choice as a RB2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Ah, now I can see the source of your confusion.

No, I was countering the idea that Gaskin was a solid choice for an RB2, when he would be more likely to finish in the RB20-25 range.  So being even worse than that only confirms Axe Elf's contention that Gaskin was NOT a legitimate choice as a RB2.

Ok-- so 1 and 4 on the year to this point then with Tre'Quan think being up in the air yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

From my understanding of the original comment it was that Gaskin would be no worse than 25th running back on the year. Right now he is beyond that and lower. If I'm wrong on the original statement from someone else I can adjust it.

 

For all-play record what are you looking for exactly? I can provide the numbers as necessary. 

All-play record is what your record would be if you played every team every week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Ok-- so 1 and 4 on the year to this point then

In a cherry-picked sort of way, and ignoring the fact that your team probly still sucks (I can't say for sure, though, since I don't really remember the detritus of which your team must have been composed for me to judge it as trash).

Those who benefitted from my hundreds of prescient warnings and endorsements probly don't care, but you guys who think you can do better on your own seem to find some daily glee in Uzomah not having a TD yet--so enjoy that while it lasts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I only picked the predictions that I thought you were wrong on.  I thought the others were good.  I just want to reiterate that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nobody said:

All-play record is what your record would be if you played every team every week.  

My all-play record right now would be 17-5. That is second place behind a guy who would be 19-3. His team is Mahomes, Kelce, Dalvin Cook on top.

 

48 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

In a cherry-picked sort of way, and ignoring the fact that your team probly still sucks (I can't say for sure, though, since I don't really remember the detritus of which your team must have been composed for me to judge it as trash).

Those who benefitted from my hundreds of prescient warnings and endorsements probly don't care, but you guys who think you can do better on your own seem to find some daily glee in Uzomah not having a TD yet--so enjoy that while it lasts!

I grabbed the first 5 predictions in a post someone put together and I used it. I've been consistent that I was using them. It doesn't negate that you are probably right on some things. Again- it's all in good fun.

For future reference- my team that you declared trash because I didn't spend enough money in my auction league after watching everyone bid up players that I wasn't going to get in a bidding war over.

QB- Kyler Murray

WR- Keenan Allen/Adam Thielen/Tyler Boyd/Robby Anderson/Courtland Sutton

RB- D'Andre Swift/Mike Davis/Chase Edmonds/Ty'Son Williams

TE- Logan Thomas

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

For future reference- my team that you declared trash because I didn't spend enough money in my auction league after watching everyone bid up players that I wasn't going to get in a bidding war over.

Ah, that was yours.  I remember now.  Thanx.

I think the criticism was more about leaving a quarter of your auction budget on the table, rather than an indictment of the players you chose--but yeah, that doesn't look like a playoff team in a 12 team league--largely because you left a quarter of your auction budget on the table.  Murray, Thielen and Swift have carried you thus far; we'll see how long that lasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2021 at 3:09 PM, posty said:

Yep, the Democrats mantra that "he" is following...

Keep that trash outta here. This is for football. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Ah, that was yours.  I remember now.  Thanx.

I think the criticism was more about leaving a quarter of your auction budget on the table, rather than an indictment of the players you chose--but yeah, that doesn't look like a playoff team in a 12 team league--largely because you left a quarter of your auction budget on the table.  Murray, Thielen and Swift have carried you thus far; we'll see how long that lasts.

You said my season was over after the draft and my team was trash. 

And yes we established weeks ago a lot of your analysis was because you don't believe in setting auction values and knowing tiers of players you have and all that good stuff. It's all crazy what you were saying but you said it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You said my season was over after the draft and my team was trash. 

I'll stand by that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Axe Elf Right?  Decide for yourself...

The numbers next to their names are the shares that Axe Elf drafted; bold for 1-5 shares, bold and green for 6+ shares.

1 Kyler Murray ARI 89.20 3 29.73
2 Tom Brady TB 87.48 3 29.16
3 Patrick Mahomes II - 22 KC 83.20 3 27.73
4 Jalen Hurts PHI 73.10 3 24.37
5 Lamar Jackson BAL 72.54 3 24.18
6 Kirk Cousins - 36 MIN 72.42 3 24.14
7 Matthew Stafford - 22 LAR 72.08 3 24.03
7 Josh Allen BUF 72.08 3 24.03
9 Derek Carr - 1 LV 71.42 3 23.81
10 Daniel Jones - 41 NYG 67.38 3 22.46

Other popularly-drafted QBs:  11. Russell Wilson, 13. Justin Herbert, 15. Dak Prescott, 19. Ryan Tannehill, 20. Joe Burrow, 23. Aaron Rodgers.

Half-PPR for the skill positions: 

1 Derrick Henry - 14 TEN 71.8 3 23.9
2 Aaron Jones - 13 GB 58.3 3 19.4
3 D'Andre Swift DET 50.4 3 16.8
3 Christian McCaffrey - 1 CAR 50.4 3 16.8
5 Austin Ekeler LAC 49.4 3 16.5
6 Ezekiel Elliott - 9 DAL 46.7 3 15.6
7 Kareem Hunt - 1 CLE 45.9 3 15.3
8 Nick Chubb CLE 45.8 3 15.3
9 Najee Harris - 20 PIT 43.2 3 14.4
10 Melvin Gordon III - 2 DEN 41.9 3 14.0
11 Chris Carson - 31 SEA 41.5 3 13.8
12 Alvin Kamara NO 40.9 3 13.6
13 Joe Mixon - 17 CIN 40.5 3 13.5

Other popularly-drafted RBs:  16. Antonio Gibson, 19. David Montgomery, 21. Dalvin Cook, 25. Saquon Barkley, 27. Miles Sanders, 29. Jonathan Taylor, 31. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, 34. Myles Gaskin.

1 Cooper Kupp LAR 78.7 3 26.2
2 Mike Williams - 22 LAC 66.5 3 22.2
3 Tyler Lockett SEA 56.9 3 19.0
4 Adam Thielen - 17 MIN 52.6 3 17.5
5 Ja'Marr Chase CIN 51.3 3 17.1
6 Brandin Cooks - 28 HOU 50.2 3 16.7
7 Chris Godwin TB 49.8 3 16.6
8 Davante Adams - 6 GB 49.4 3 16.5
9 Deebo Samuel SF 48.2 3 16.1
10 Justin Jefferson - 2 MIN 47.8 3 15.9

Other popularly-drafted WRs:  14. Tyreek Hill, 15. Keenan Allen, 16. DK Metcalf, 18. Mike Evans, 19. Amari Cooper, 20. DeAndre Hopkins, 22. Terry McLaurin, 28. Stefon Diggs, 30. Calvin Ridley, 46. Julio Jones, 68. AJ Brown.

The moral of the story is that fantasy football is easy when you own half the top 10 at every position.

Listen to the Elf,
Trophy on the shelf.
Listen to the others,
Go crying to your mothers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2021 at 8:11 AM, Sean Mooney said:
  1. Tre"Quan will have at least 4 20 point PPR games
  2. Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR
  3. Miles Gaskin will be running back 20-25 on the season
  4. CJ Uzomah will be a top 10 tight end
  5. My auction team will be trash (he can determine the cut off for that)

WEEK 3 UPDATE TIME:

 

1.) Tre'Quan continues to be injured. So still an open one but currently a no

2.) Robby Anderson is now wide receiver #73 on the season. Going the wrong direction

3.) Gaskin is RB #31 on the year right now so we've finally found one where AxeElf is right.

4.) Uzomah is tight end #49 right year so that is wrong as well.

5.) My auction team moved to 2-1 on the year after dropping a ton of points again. My all play record on the year in the league is 27-6 as I scored the 2nd most points in the league this year. 

 

So AxeElf stays at 1-4 or 1-3-1 on the year here. Not looking good so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Not looking good so far.

Yeah, my last-round TE2 pick is killing all my leagues.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, my last-round TE2 pick is killing all my leagues.

lol

Yeah if you draft a thousand people in a hundred leagues you are bound to hit on some. Broken clock right twice a day and all that.

 

Also- one more to get through- not saying you are not right on some things. These parameters we established for these though you are way off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah if you draft a thousand people in a hundred leagues you are bound to hit on some. Broken clock right twice a day and all that.

This has never been Axe Elf's approach.  The best investment strategy is a highly UNdiversified portfolio--when you are right.  And I'm Axe Elf, so...

You probably weren't following my draft thread, but I posted my player frequencies across my 60 leagues in there:

I drafted 1090 total players in 60 leagues, and essentially two full rosters of players--37 individual players--constitute 80% of all the players I drafted (and appear on an average of 23 of my teams).

So I'm not using a shotgun here; my targets are precise and tightly grouped.

And I'm killing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CJ Uzomah is alive. He might move up closer to Axe Elf getting close to 2 right predictions on the official big board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol congrats that’s awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since y'all need something else to grade Axe Elf on now, here's this week's puzzle.

I had to make a lot of close WR calls in my lineups this week; this is basically how I ended up preferring them, in order--so each player should score more than the player(s) that follow them.

  1. Robert Woods
  2. Robby Anderson
  3. Kenny Golladay
  4. Brandin Cooks
  5. Brandon Aiyuk
  6. Marvin Jones (so far, so good)

I'll be interested to see how the rest of them fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Since y'all need something else to grade Axe Elf on now, here's this week's puzzle.

I had to make a lot of close WR calls in my lineups this week; this is basically how I ended up preferring them, in order--so each player should score more than the player(s) that follow them.

  1. Robert Woods
  2. Robby Anderson
  3. Kenny Golladay
  4. Brandin Cooks
  5. Brandon Aiyuk
  6. Marvin Jones (so far, so good)

I'll be interested to see how the rest of them fall.

I would’ve graded cooks 2 and Aiyuk 3 but that’s just picking nits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cee Dee Lamb 2-13, ooofff…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Cee Dee Lamb 2-13, ooofff…

I'm so tired of hearing how amazing ceedee lamb is and watching him put up pedestrian numbers and half-ass routes during games when he's not expecting the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'm so tired of hearing how amazing ceedee lamb is and watching him put up pedestrian numbers and half-ass routes during games when he's not expecting the ball.

Yeah he benefits from being in the slot on a really good passing team. Very talented, but not the all-world player his highlights make him appear to be…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamb is simply what he was last season, he avg 8 points per game last year and doing the same this season non ppr, might get worst with Gallup returning soon.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Week 4 Update time:

1.) Tre'Quan continues to be injured. PUSH

2.) Robby Anderson is now wide receiver #71 on the season. He moved up 2 big spots. LOSING

3.) Gaskin is RB #39 on the year right now and ceding carries to Malcolm Brown and Salvin Ahmed. WINNING

4.) Uzomah had a big Thursday night and jumped to TE#16. I'm sure his 5 weeks of garbage now are coming. But AXE Elf is still LOSING

5.) My auction team moved to 3-1 on the year even on a slower points week for me (Logan Thomas and De'Andre Swift- WOOF!). My all play record on the year in the league is 32-12 as I still have scored the 2nd most points in the league this year. AxeElf- still LOSING

 

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.....

AxeElf decided to hit us with more predictions this week 

On 10/3/2021 at 12:54 PM, AxeElf said:

I had to make a lot of close WR calls in my lineups this week; this is basically how I ended up preferring them, in order--so each player should score more than the player(s) that follow them.

  1. Robert Woods
  2. Robby Anderson
  3. Kenny Golladay
  4. Brandin Cooks
  5. Brandon Aiyuk
  6. Marvin Jones (so far, so good)

The final grouping went:

Golladay (17.60 points)

Woods  (14.80 points)

Anderson (9.90 points)

Cooks (9.70 points)

Jones (5.40 points)

Aiyuk (2.50 points)

 

So 1 correct there.

That gives us 1-3-1 still on the original round of predictions and 1-4 on the new round....Tough week for Mr. AxeElf. Hopefully better days ahead for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Week 4 Update time:

1.) Tre'Quan continues to be injured. PUSH

2.) Robby Anderson is now wide receiver #71 on the season. He moved up 2 big spots. The Panthers are losing, as they are now paying Anderson approximately $1M per target.

3.) Gaskin is RB #39 on the year right now and ceding carries to Malcolm Brown and Salvin Ahmed. WINNING

4.) Uzomah had a big Thursday night and jumped to TE#9 in standard scoring. WINNING

5.) My auction team moved to 3-1 on the year even on a slower points week for me (Logan Thomas and De'Andre Swift- WOOF!). My all play record on the year in the league is 32-12 as I still have scored the 2nd most points in the league this year. I'm sorry, but your season performance is not evidence that leaving $50 on the table in an auction draft is the correct strategy.  WINNING

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Golladay (17.60 points)

Woods  (14.80 points)

Anderson (9.90 points)

Cooks (9.70 points)

Jones (5.40 points)

Aiyuk (2.50 points)

An almost perfect result!  Anderson was in over Golladay in a couple of leagues, but it didn't change either outcome.  What would have been bad is if Golladay had a bad day and Cooks and/or Jones had great days.

More pinpoint team management accuracy from Axe Elf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think axe elf thinks more people care of what his opinion is then what they actually do.

 

I was going to keep commenting but it’s kind of fun watching him hang himself as one of the bigger tools on this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I was going to keep commenting but it’s kind of fun watching him hang himself as one of the bigger tools on this board.

Axe Elf may be hung with one of the bigger tools on this board, but it's hardly a topic for public discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

I think axe elf thinks more people care of what his opinion is then what they actually do.

 

I was going to keep commenting but it’s kind of fun watching him hang himself as one of the bigger tools on this board.

His defensive attitude towards a clearly in jest thread in funny.

 

Also, he just won't admit he is wrong on things and is shifting goalposts as it fits his argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Week 5 Update time:

1.) Tre'Quan continues to be injured. PUSH

2.) Robby Anderson is still wide receiver #71 on the season.  LOSING

3.) Gaskin is RB #19 on the year right now after a huge week. LOSING

4.) Uzomah fell to #19. 4 more weeks of garbage now are coming. But AXE Elf is still LOSING

5.) My auction team moved to 3-2 on the year even on a slower points week for me (Logan Thomas and De'Andre Swift- WOOF!). Big hits all around as the entire team underperformed. Still 3-2, my all play fell to 32-23 (I think- doing some back of the napkin math.) But still a winning record, playoff team, and in decent shape- but I'll be nice and give AxeElf a push.

 

So he stands at 0-3-2 after week 5.

Tough week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's Week 5 Update time:

1.) Tre'Quan continues to be injured. PUSH

2.) Robby Anderson is still wide receiver #71 on the season.  LOSING

3.) Gaskin is RB #19 on the year right now after a huge week. LOSING

4.) Uzomah fell to #19. 4 more weeks of garbage now are coming. But AXE Elf is still LOSING

5.) My auction team moved to 3-2 on the year even on a slower points week for me (Logan Thomas and De'Andre Swift- WOOF!). Big hits all around as the entire team underperformed. Still 3-2, my all play fell to 32-23 (I think- doing some back of the napkin math.) But still a winning record, playoff team, and in decent shape- but I'll be nice and give AxeElf a push.

 

So he stands at 0-3-2 after week 5.

Tough week. 

Who would have guessed? Other than everyone.

You absolutely love to see it. 
 

If he magically guesses right on one of his throws against the wall it’s because he processes the information better. If he loses which he clearly does quite a bit then it’s a fluke. I’ve been in this board a long time and seen some colossal wind bags but this guy is really something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Gaskin is RB #19 on the year right now after a huge week. LOSING

Axe Elf said he'd be RB20-25, but he's RB19.  That loser can't get ANYTHING right!

lol

Meanwhile, those who axually listen to the Elf continue to coast towards championships...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Axe Elf said he'd be RB20-25, but he's RB19.  That loser can't get ANYTHING right!

lol

Meanwhile, those who axually listen to the Elf continue to coast towards championships...

Do you play in a total points league? If not, a guy who sucks for four weeks then goes off for one isn’t much help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Do you play in a total points league? If not, a guy who sucks for four weeks then goes off for one isn’t much help. 

My point exactly.

I'm glad you agree that Axe Elf Was Right about Gaskin being a scrub who wasn't worth drafting as a fantasy RB2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×