Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Was AxeElf Right?

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Glad to know that the Axe Elf lighthouse of fantasy football wisdom can guide new members to our hallowed shores, like a beacon of success for those wallowing helplessly in ignorance and confusion.

Nothing like opening a post in the Lobby of the Dr's Office that blares out Bart and Lisa saying "Are we there yet." However, I knew what I was getting into subconsciously and ignored that beacon and just sent it. 

Loving this!

I enjoy disagreeing with the Elf just for the entertainment value of it.

Now look, he has a whole thread dedicated to him.  The Elf is a living legend on FFToday!  Props

2 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Aiyuk 0 targets. Surely Deebo and Kittle being healthy have nothing to do with that.

Has to do with the matchup.  I personally benched him in all leagues today for guys like Marvin Jones and Brandin Cooks.

Just now, LoOnAtIk said:

Apparently he’s not even a starter.

Could be a pattern emerging where Shanahan is resting his starters this week, and letting guys like Mostert and Sherfield risk injury against the Lions.

37 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Has to do with the matchup.  I personally benched him in all leagues today for guys like Marvin Jones and Brandin Cooks.

Why was the matchup specifically bad for Aiyuk but not Deebo?

13 minutes ago, nobody said:

Why was the matchup specifically bad for Aiyuk but not Deebo?

It was bad for Deebo too.  Obviously, I had no shares, but if I had him, I would have benched him also.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It was bad for Deebo too.  Obviously, I had no shares, but if I had him, I would have benched him also.

Why on earth is Detroit a bad matchup for anyone?  

40 minutes ago, nobody said:

Why on earth is Detroit a bad matchup for anyone?  

When you don't have to throw a single pass in the second half to win by 24, it's a bad matchup for a WR.  Witness the week off for Aiyuk.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:38 PM, tanatastic said:

Zeke will be far from the only 1st and 2nd round pick that disappoints this weekend. 

Add Davante Adams to that list.

Derrick Henry off to a slow start vs the other big 3 of CMC, Cook, Kamara.

Kelce off to a great start for anyone that drafted him in the 1st.

13 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Elf and only Elf was calling Mark Ingram in preseason. He gets full credit for that.

7 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Derrick Henry off to a slow start vs the other big 3 of CMC, Cook, Kamara.

Kelce off to a great start for anyone that drafted him in the 1st.

I don't think you guys understand the point of this thread--it's not to point out the things that Axe Elf DID get right--nobody's interested in those things--it's to point out the things that Axe Elf got WRONG (if you can find any), so that people who din't listen to Axe Elf feel better about their opening week loss.

We can assemble an official Elf all star team and see how it does.

qb- Daniel Jones 😂

wr- Aiyuk

wr- Lamb

rb- Ingram

rb- DHenry

te- Uzomah

flex- Tre’quan

Uzomah off to a flying start.  

Listen to the elf, you’ll be looking at an empty self.  

36 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

We can assemble an official Elf all star team and see how it does. I don’t have all the pieces but I have some.

qb-

wr- Aiyuk

wr- Lamb

rb- Ingram

rb- DHenry

te- Uzomah

flex- Tre’quan

Daniel Jones at QB

50 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

We can assemble an official Elf all star team and see how it does. I don’t have all the pieces but I have some.

Here are the rest of the pieces for you...

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I don't think you guys understand the point of this thread--it's not to point out the things that Axe Elf DID get right--nobody's interested in those things--it's to point out the things that Axe Elf got WRONG (if you can find any), so that people who din't listen to Axe Elf feel better about their opening week loss.

That's false- you don't speak for me.

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

That's false- you don't speak for me.

Axe Elf speaks for Axe Elf.

45 minutes ago, nobody said:

Daniel Jones at QB

Edited. Thanks for filling in the blank as well as making it more funny.

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Edited. Thanks for filling in the blank as well as making it more funny.

I think they're all funny.

People before "Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along" season started:  "Don't draft 41 shares of Daniel Jones!"

People after "Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along" season started: "What a great deal on a top 12 QB--I should have listened to Axe Elf!"

You'd think after a while they would learn, but every year it's the same.

56 minutes ago, nobody said:

Daniel Jones is 14th in my league and will probably 15th after tonight.

Big picture...  One week down, sixteen to go...

Some of those weeks, he'll probly have Engram and more practice time with Golladay.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:48 PM, Sean Mooney said:

The new list from AxeElf

1. Tre"Quan will have at least 4 20 point PPR games
  2. Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR
  3. Miles Gaskin will be running back 20-25 on the season
  4. CJ Uzomah will be a top 10 tight end
  5. My auction team will be trash (he can determine the cut off for that)

It's your post Week 1 update:

1.) Tre'Quan is currently sitting on the IR so no 20 point game for him this week.

2.) Robby Anderson had 1 catch for 57 yards and a touchdown which was good for 34th place on the season so far points wise.

3.) Gaskin currently sits at #21 on the year running back wise. But I'd venture a guess that Henry and Ekeler pass him soon and some ahead of him drop. So we will see how this shakes out.

4.) Uzomah is currently 29th on the year at tight end. And with only 2 targets on Sunday could be a long uphill climb.

5.) My auction team crushed my opponent like a grape in a high scoring affair. His combo of Amari Cooper/Tyler Lockett was no match for my trio of Kyler Murray/Adam Thielen/Deandre Swift. 

So we are sitting at 1 for 5 on predictions this week. Nowhere to go but up

1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I’m curious to see Damien Harris’ usage in the following weeks game after that game ending fumble vs Dolphins.

He will still be used way more than Sony Michel.

Why don't you take these general fantasy questions outta the Axe Elf thread...?

32 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He will still be used way more than Sony Michel.

What kind of a response is this? You’ve been on the Damien Harris train all summer.

Rhamondre fumbled early which led to Harris dominating the snaps afterward. 

Belichick is ruthless with fumblers. I wouldn’t be shocked to see more Bolden next week.

59 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

What kind of a response is this?

The same kind of laser-sharp response you've come to expect from the greatest fantasy football mind to ever stomp the terra.

But you could still take general fantasy football questions outta the Axe Elf thread.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

But you could still take general fantasy football questions outta the Axe Elf thread.

Do you need me to explain to you the difference between a question and an observation?

It was never phrased as a question.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

But you could still take general fantasy football questions observations outta the Axe Elf thread.

Ok, so you observed that you were curious.  Are we green now?

When Jones' ADP is higher than Chubb's, I think we can say that it is objectively an error.

Aaron Jones 5/9/0...2/13/0

Nick Chubb  15/82/2...2/18/0

Seems like Aaron Jones was the "Error" in week 1, I do believe Jones will have way better days ahead of him(I hope since I have him in one of my other leagues). However, Chubb has a way better O-line that will more then likely allow him to a more productive season barring any injury's(same can go for Jones). I know we can play the marry-go-round game of Jones vs Chubb since each person has a particular stat or opinion on why the rank a person. I like to look beyond ADP and rank them how I see players.

P.S. I give you street cred on the Sammy W call.

14 minutes ago, killerpopcorn said:

I know we can play the marry-go-round game of Jones vs Chubb since each person has a particular stat or opinion on why the rank a person.

We're past the speculation; "Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along" season has begun.  Stay tuned for 18 weeks of objective facts (which you'll probly disagree with next year too).

We're past the speculation; "Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along" season has begun.  Stay tuned for 18 weeks of objective facts (which you'll probly disagree with next year too).

To each their own...As long as Chubbs helps get me a W the week I need it I could careless whos right or wrong at the end of the season. I will still honor my/your statement at end. Did you not read my bottom statement/other post about you calling Sammy Watkins payday.

21 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Should we add Golladay to this list yet?

Absolutely.  Top tennish, but streaky.  Still ramping up to playing again for the first time in 2 years, with a new team and a new QB, but the targets are there--he just needs a little more work with Jones.

After averaging 8.6 PPR ppg against Washington and Denver in his first two games with Jones, including this short week, let's revisit Golladay after the 10 day break and the home game against Atlanta in Week 3.

If he's still not a quality start then, you can begin to consider that Axe Elf might be less right than previously projected.

Absolutely.  Top tennish, but streaky.  Still ramping up to playing again for the first time in 2 years, with a new team and a new QB, but the targets are there--he just needs a little more work with Jones.

After averaging 8.6 PPR ppg against Washington and Denver in his first two games with Jones, including this short week, let's revisit Golladay after the 10 day break and the home game against Atlanta in Week 3.

If he's still not a quality start then, you can begin to consider that Axe Elf might be less right than previously projected.

The targets are there. I’ll give you that.

Did you see the little spat Golladay had for Jones on the sideline? 

He’s clearly frustrated.

I would trade him if I owned him. 

7 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

He’s clearly frustrated.

He should be.  He was nowhere near functioning at the level he is capable of or needs to function to justify what they paid him.  Hopefully he will channel that frustration toward getting back into elite form over the next 10 days.