Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Bad News - Good News

Bad News:

Our shop was broken into this morning

Some hobby boxes were stolen 

Good News:

Security systems and cams worked great.  The guy will very likely be caught. 

Great response from Sherriff’s Dept

Door is being replaced

Moving on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Bad News:

Our shop was broken into this morning

Some hobby boxes were stolen 

Good News:

Security systems and cams worked great.  The guy will very likely be caught. 

Great response from Sherriff’s Dept

Door is being replaced

Moving on

This is crazy and weeks back a local card dealer that was good friends with my Dad got robed and the robber, he knew what expensive cards and boxes to take. They caught him with a week though and cool. Hope they catch him soon and bet he was a past customer and etc. and knew what he was doing just like I mentioned. Cams help to catch him and good luck and hope the same!

• Like 1

A couple weeks ago we had some GPS equipment stolen from us.  Since it was close to $40,000 worth there were investigators involved.  It was pretty cool working with them.  We haven't found the people who did it yet though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

A couple weeks ago we had some GPS equipment stolen from us.  Since it was close to $40,000 worth there were investigators involved.  It was pretty cool working with them.  We haven't found the people who did it yet though.

Ironic that you can't locate gps equipment 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Ironic that you can't locate gps equipment 🤣

I made the same comment to the investigators.  We have the serial numbers so we should be able to find them once they're sold and a person tries to activate them.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Whoa.  That’s a huge loss

• Sad 1

In the spirit of this thread, heres a video about how things end extremely well and or extremely badly.  

On 10/2/2021 at 12:46 PM, vuduchile said:

Whoa.  That’s a huge loss

Our cost was less than that but that was the retail value of it.  We have insurance to cover it but it just pisses me off that people think they can just steal stuff like this from us.  There were three units stolen, one from a new machine and two from customer machines that were in for repair.

There were two other dealers in Iowa that also had GPS equipment stolen from them that night.  A few days earlier there was a dealer in southern Illinois.  It's happening more and more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Or cost was less than that but that was the retail value of it.  We have insurance to cover it but it just pisses me off that people think they can just steal stuff like this from us.  There were three units stolen, one from a new machine and two from customer machines that were in for repair.

There were two other dealers in Iowa that also had GPS equipment stolen from them that night.  A few days earlier there was a dealer in southern Illinois.  It's happening more and more.

My question...

What are they trying to find??  Hidden treasure??

21 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

My question...

Using them in conjunction with drones for the next round of terrorist attacks.

You heard it here first. 

20 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

My question...

😂

GPS equipment is a costly item and there is currently a major shortage on it because of the microchips from China.  There's a high demand for it.  I'm assuming they are selling it online for a good chunk of change.  Apparently it's been happening a lot over in Europe too.  Some farmers are getting their GPS equipment stolen off their machinery while it's parked in their field.

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Using them in conjunction with drones for the next round of terrorist attacks.

You heard it here first. 

This stuff is pretty impressive.  Farmers use it in their tractors and combines for precision farming.  Full automation for planting and harvesting crops.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Our cost was less than that but that was the retail value of it.  We have insurance to cover it but it just pisses me off that people think they can just steal stuff like this from us.  There were three units stolen, one from a new machine and two from customer machines that were in for repair.

I expect State Farm to want to only pay our cost for the stolen merchandise.  The problem with that is the merchandise can't actually be replaced at that price.  The only way to replace those boxes is to pay current market price, so I expect a fight there.

I met with a company that specializes in insurance for this biz when I was in Vegas and they gave me a quote.  My existing policy expires Nov 1 so I was going to go with them since they replace goods at market value.  But that doesn't help me now.  Timing is everything.

Another security issue we have to deal with here is masks.

A lot of people still come in here with masks even though it's not required.

This, of course makes it much easier for scumbags to conceal their identity while in the store.

I want to post a sign that says "no masks allowed" but that won't go over with the "mask up" crowd.  Especially those who've been conditioned to wear them in stores for over a year now. 

3 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I expect State Farm to want to only pay our cost for the stolen merchandise.  The problem with that is the merchandise can't actually be replaced at that price.  The only way to replace those boxes is to pay current market price, so I expect a fight there.

I met with a company that specializes in insurance for this biz when I was in Vegas and they gave me a quote.  My existing policy expires Nov 1 so I was going to go with them since they replace goods at market value.  But that doesn't help me now.  Timing is everything.

Good luck!