Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Raiders at Chargers: MNF Discussion

Josh Jacobs is active.

Inactives

Raiders: OT Jackson Barton, TE Nick Bowers, DE Malcolm Koonce, DT Damion Square

Chargers: CB Chris Harris, OT Brenden Jaimes, RB Joshua Kelley, TE Tre' McKitty, QB Easton Stick

This is an important game tonight; it could go a long way in determining who finishes 2nd to the Chiefs in the AFC West this season.

Guess we din't really do a "What Do You Need?" thread, but most of my games are pretty much decided--although it would be a good thing if Mike Williams scores about 40.

Chargers are bordering on being a super bowl team.  If they win the battle of field position tonite, they will be ranked as such in my system.  Its fascinating how the Chargers draft extremely well, have a franchise QB, and finally FINALLY have really good coaching, yet are completely forgotten.  Don't sleep in them.  This is a big game for the bolts.  The past is in the past.  New coaches, stud QB, look out NFL.

Chargers will never compete for a super bowl as long as they lack discipline.  They continually shoot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties.

Why are the dumb Charger fans making so much noise on offense? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why are the dumb Charger fans making so much noise on offense? 

There are more fans from the visiting team.

Just now, Mike FF Today said:

There are more fans from the visiting team.

Ahhh, didn’t think about that.  Thanks 

It’s tough having Ekler with all the injuries, and what makes it worse is you can’t figure out who the handcuff is. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s tough having Ekler with all the injuries, and what makes it worse is you can’t figure out who the handcuff is. 

It's Jackson. Has been forever 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

It's Jackson. Has been forever 

Rountree has been getting some run as well.  

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Boy, ESPN is DEEPTHROATING Herbert. :lol:

Why not? They dissed him the whole time he was at Oregon while being the best QB in the nation.

Raiders should just put in the scrubs, their starters/slackers obviously have something else on their mind besides football. They should be embarrassed. Carr sucks, same old Raider crap, they give their fans a little hope and then-BOOM, right back to ineptness. And is Mike Williams even playing-is he hurt again? I see where Herbert is throwing to everybody but him, is he hurt or just lazy?

It's funny how Carr can look okay for a few weeks but when the going get's tough he has that same look Eli used to when he knew he was out-classed. He's good against bad teams, mediocre/bad otherwise. First 2 plays Raiders ran (right up the middle) shows they have no clue as to how to move the ball. Raiders-WAY overhyped. 

2 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

It's funny how Carr can look okay for a few weeks but when the going get's tough he has that same look Eli used to when he knew he was out-classed. He's good against bad teams, mediocre/bad otherwise. First 2 plays Raiders ran (right up the middle) shows they have no clue as to how to move the ball. Raiders-WAY overhyped. 

Yeah. Eli wasn’t very good against good teams. Eye roll. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. Eli wasn’t very good against good teams. Eye roll. 

He looked good when he was, he looked real bad when he was bad, son. Carry on.................................

I would pump the brakes on the chargers a bit, Herbert is looking great but that charger O-line is bad.  They are making the raiders front four look great.

Herbert is making all his hay with the RB and TE and almost no WR action, and he has pretty good WR's.  That pass rush is just getting home fast.  Herbert is still getting it done and I really think he has a bright future but that O-line needs some work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

He looked good when he was, he looked real bad when he was bad, son. Carry on.................................

That’s brilliant. Comparing Eli and Carr is sillly. Carr is in his eighth year. By the time Eli was in his eighth year he had been to the playoffs five times and won two Super Bowls. Just a silly thing to say. 

How did Eli and NYG's do the years they weren't winning SB's? But of course a bandwagon jumping frontrunner like you (the 2 years they won you went around telling people "I've always been a Giant fan") doesn't pay attention to the struggling teams. Dismissed..............................

2 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

How did Eli and NYG's do the years they weren't winning SB's? But of course a bandwagon jumping frontrunner like you (the 2 years they won you went around telling people "I've always been a Giant fan") doesn't pay attention to the struggling teams. Dismissed..............................

Playoffs 2005, 6, 8. 10 win season in 2010 but didn’t make the playoffs. 9-7 in 2012. Bad 2013-2015, playoffs in 2016. Has Carr had back to back winning seasons yet? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Playoffs 2005, 6, 8. 10 win season in 2010 but didn’t make the playoffs. 9-7 in 2012. Bad 2013-2015, playoffs in 2016. Has Carr had back to back winning seasons yet? 

I figured you'd have to ask, they haven't won any SB's since you've been out of HS, you wouldn't know since there was no bandwagon to jump. You ever hear of Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, maybe John Brodie? Just a few good QBs that didn't win championships-so there was no bandwagon for you. Keep'em coming, I needed a good laugh! Thanks for the laughs!

12 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

I figured you'd have to ask, they haven't won any SB's since you've been out of HS, you wouldn't know since there was no bandwagon to jump. You ever hear of Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, maybe John Brodie? Just a few good QBs that didn't win championships-so there was no bandwagon for you. Keep'em coming, I needed a good laugh! Thanks for the laughs!

So if I’m a bandwagon jumper, why am I still on it? It’s been a long ten years. Comparing Carr and Eli is one of the dumbest things said today on the internet. Congratulations. Those are some long odds.  

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Eli Manning was a Charger!

One of the greatest decisions in sports history. Almost as good as Elways. 

Just turned the game on in the 4th quarter.  Wouldn't mind seeing a Raiders score here.

34 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

So you are saying Eli looked good except when he didn’t look good? The Giants were good when they were good except when they weren’t good? Brilliant!!!

• Thanks 2

That   was a beautiful deep ball to Ruggs.  Didn't know Carr had that in his tool chest.  Wow,

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So if I’m a bandwagon jumper, why am I still on it? It’s been a long ten years. Comparing Carr and Eli is one of the dumbest things said today on the internet. Congratulations. Those are some long odds.  

The only thing I said they had in common was the same lost look they have at times. Leave your marital/work problems off this board, don't bring your chippy mouth around here.