Sign in to follow this  
Vtfanatic

With crazy bye week anyone considering no kicker

I am considering picking up additional WR from waivers this week and not using kicker?  Anyone else considered that or no D?

I had considered going with no Defense (not much out there) but decided to grab one and pray for 2 points. You never know.

No can do, in all three leagues , we have a weekly pay out of where a team finishes based on total points, and in all three leagues if you don’t have every starting slot filled you take automatic lost. Plus you finish last for the week so it’s cost you a win plus money. 

Love it that way, it’s all about competition. 

The only time I would ever not start a position on purpose is if I had won my game by like 3 points and the only players left to play in our matchup was my defense.  I'd then bench my defense so they don't pull a boner and give me negative points.  Starting a kicker is the safest version of free points because leagues rarely give negatives for kickers.  There's no reason to not start one.  Besides, you never know when a team may crap the bed in the red zone all night and kick 5 FG's.  It's always nice to get 15+ points from your kicker to make up for another player laying an egg.

My league there is a rule against doing such a thing, but I wouldn't consider it either way.

Kickers can score a lot in my league with long FGs being worth big pts.

2 hours ago, Vtfanatic said:

I am considering picking up additional WR from waivers this week and not using kicker?  Anyone else considered that or no D?

In leagues that I was in the past, you would get an automatic zero for leaving an open starting spot or starting someone on bye...

In my main league you only get four bench spots, and sometimes you can get into trouble with bye weeks and an injury or two. But the only time I’ve taken a zero is for TE since WW TEs rarely get you more than a few points.

(League gives you 80 if you leave a spot open, the plane somebody on by is OK.)

I would bench my defense before a kicker... Unless you have an elite defense that you don't want to drop. I've seen too many negative point finishes from defense this year and every year for the matter. 

Here was my dilemma.  Allen Robinson was on waivers so I dropped Zeurlein who is on bye to pick him up.

This is a keeper league, otherwise I now have:

QB: Allen, Darnold

RB: kamara, Robinson, D. Williams (KC), Herbert, Conner

WR:  woods, M. Williams, Julio, Sanders, Robinson

TE:  Kielce

d NE

my plan is to drop Herbert on Sunday and pick up a kicker so that I can pick up Herbert again next week and prevent others from picking him up this week.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:29 AM, Serenity Now said:

Depends but I think a kicker might get you more points than a lot of waiver wrs.

I think it depends on your situation.

I have gone with no kicker when my kicker is on a bye along with a number of other players.

the problem with picking up a kicker is usually that you have to drop someone.  if you have what you consider to be a very good roster (or a championship roster) do you drop one of your good players to fill a bye for a kicker?

unless the rules forbid it, you may be best advised to just let the kicker be.

dropping RB depth or WR depth doesnt make sense if you feel you have a championship team.  not to fill a kicker on a bye.

suck it up. play without your kicker who is on bye.  and dont lose any of your team depth.

That being said, some leagues have rules to stop you from doing this.  if thats the case, you really have no choice.

If, however, you are a team who has lost a number of games, and you need the production from the kicker to win this week and keep the playoff homes alive, maybe you drop someone to get those points and give yourself a chance.  

That being said, if you have a kicker who can play and you are wondering if you should drop him to pickup another player, it really depends on that other player.

kickers are usually good for 7-12 points.   the player you pick up should be giving you potentially more than this if you are gonna drop said kicker.

and if you have a good kicker, your range could be more in the range of 9-15 points.

most fantasy football waiver wire scrubs are good for no more than 10 points unless you get a bit lucky or make an astute pickup.   it can happen, but you need to be sure about the move if you are going to forfeit the 10 points a kicker usually gives you.

I dont know if this helps you.  I've tried to cover most of the possible scenarios.  good luck

4 hours ago, Vtfanatic said:

Here was my dilemma.  Allen Robinson was on waivers so I dropped Zeurlein who is on bye to pick him up.

This is a keeper league, otherwise I now have:

QB: Allen, Darnold

RB: kamara, Robinson, D. Williams (KC), Herbert, Conner

WR:  woods, M. Williams, Julio, Sanders, Robinson

TE:  Kielce

d NE

my plan is to drop Herbert on Sunday and pick up a kicker so that I can pick up Herbert again next week and prevent others from picking him up this week.

I would have dropped the kicker and another kicker, keep Herbert. 

A team in my league chose not to replace his kicker and defense, took a zero at both spots, and won. Crazy gambles we take sometimes.

Never would have won in any of my three leagues, any open slot is automatic lost.  

Sad, what is this world coming to 🤓

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Never would have won in any of my three leagues, any open slot is automatic loss. lost.  

Best. Rule. Ever.

Would be even better to require a player not on bye to be in the starting lineup...