Sign in to follow this  
joeshushu

Brady 600 TD pass

14 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’d rather have the ball but let’s be honest. That guy would’ve been vilified if he refuses to give it back. He got a good return for it at least. Brady didn’t have to give him anything once he returned it so that says a lot about Brady 

The media may have because they're pansies, but most of the public wouldn't have.

Not really sure what you mean about the Brady comment.

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The media may have because they're pansies, but most of the public wouldn't have.

Not really sure what you mean about the Brady comment.

The media was what I was talking about. They would’ve blasted him and got other ppl who don’t even watch football to do it as well 

And I mean that Brady was being a standup guy for still giving the guy a bunch of gear, tickets, Bitcoin, etc even after he gave the ball back and lost his leverage. He still got a damn good deal 

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

The media was what I was talking about. They would’ve blasted him and got other ppl who don’t even watch football to do it as well 

And I mean that Brady was being a standup guy for still giving the guy a bunch of gear, tickets, Bitcoin, etc even after he gave the ball back and lost his leverage. He still got a damn good deal 

Yeah, I with ya.  The media sucks, what can you do?  Same with the a lot of casuals.  :dunno:

On 10/26/2021 at 1:30 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

Through multiple outlets, it seems that this guy got...

• Two Tom Brady autographed jerseys
  • One Tom Brady autographed helmet
  • Game worn Mike Evans jersey
  • Game worn Mike Evans cleats
  • Tickets & parking pass for the remainder of this season and next season
  • $1k credit at stadium for merchandise
  • One bitcoin (valued at $63k)
  • A game ball replacement

I think I'd rather have "the ball".  Probably worth closer to $500k to $1M.  That said, I think the dude got at least a solid return.

Agreed, this is a great compensation package. Again, the only other thing I would have insisted is a picture of me handing it to Brady and having Brady date and sign the picture. 

Leaving the stadium with that ball is idiotic. Soon as you walk out the gates, you forfiet all authenticity of the ball.

The offer that dude got was nice, very nice...... But they had Jerry Jones on the radio morning after that game. When asked what he would have done he laughingliy said, "I would have entertained all offers." :D

Athletes hold out all the time all they can get, I would have held out for even more - least heard all offers. 

10 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Leaving the stadium with that ball is idiotic. Soon as you walk out the gates, you forfiet all authenticity of the ball.

The offer that dude got was nice, very nice...... But they had Jerry Jones on the radio morning after that game. When asked what he would have done he laughingliy said, "I would have entertained all offers." :D

Athletes hold out all the time all they can get, I would have held out for even more - least heard all offers. 

No you don't.  It's on camera.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No you don't.  It's on camera.

Really - they're aren't NFL balls available for sale on the open market? Not to mention the risk of something happening to it. 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Really - they're aren't NFL balls available for sale on the open market? Not to mention the risk of something happening to it. 

Yup, you're right.  There's no possible way to get the ball authenticated.

The guy got hosed.   That ball is worth a half million right now, easy.  It would probably fetch more than twice that once Brady signs, dates and puts an inscription on it.  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

The guy got hosed.   That ball is worth a half million right now, easy.  It would probably fetch more than twice that once Brady signs, dates and puts an inscription on it.  

To be fair, Brady isn't going to sign, date, or do anything to that ball if the guy was going to keep it.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

To be fair, Brady isn't going to sign, date, or do anything to that ball if the guy was going to keep it.

Of course not.  By the same token, Brady can't increase it's value unless he actually possesses it. 

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Of course not.  By the same token, Brady can't increase it's value unless he actually possesses it. 

Yes, that was my point.  The only way that ball increases in value is if Brady has it because he's not just going to sign, date, or write anything on it in order for the other guy to make even more money when he sells it.  Though, if Brady really feels that he's going to play until he's 50, the value of the #600 ball is temporary.  The #700 ball and the #7?? (the final TD), are the ones that would have more value.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes, that was my point.  The only way that ball increases in value is if Brady has it because he's not just going to sign, date, or write anything on it in order for the other guy to make even more money when he sells it.  Though, if Brady really feels that he's going to play until he's 50, the value of the #600 ball is temporary.  The #700 ball and the #7?? (the final TD), are the ones that would have more value.

I doubt he gets to 700 TD’s, but you never know. 

Basically, the guy handed Brady $400K by giving him the ball as is. 

In doing so, he handed Brady half million since Tommy can double the value with a pen and 30 seconds of his time. 

The guy got some good stuff, but actually got hosed monetarily.  

Your average fan doesn’t know what to do in this situation, but the best move is:

Keep the ball and contact Ken Goldin and Nat Turner from your seat, while still holding the ball.  

If you have an attorney, contact him too.  

49 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I doubt he gets to 700 TD’s, but you never know. 

Basically, the guy handed Brady $400K by giving him the ball as is. 

In doing so, he handed Brady half million since Tommy can double the value with a pen and 30 seconds of his time. 

The guy got some good stuff, but actually got hosed monetarily.  

Your average fan doesn’t know what to do in this situation, but the best move is:

Keep the ball and contact Ken Goldin and Nat Turner from your seat, while still holding the ball.  

If you have an attorney, contact him too.  

I'm only guessing, but I think that ball is going to the Hall of Fame, not necessarily to Brady.  I think he holds onto it until he's enshrined.

But I agree with you on everything else... though, if he plays 3 more seasons, I can see him averaging 30 per to reach 700, especially if he stays in Tampa with Evans and either Godwin or Brown.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm only guessing, but I think that ball is going to the Hall of Fame, not necessarily to Brady.  I think he holds onto it until he's enshrined.

But I agree with you on everything else... though, if he plays 3 more seasons, I can see him averaging 30 per to reach 700, especially if he stays in Tampa with Evans and either Godwin or Brown.

How can you doubt anything that guy might end up doing in the next few years? People were calling his arm dead like 2-3 years ago. "He can't throw past 20 yards anymore!! He's old and that's it!!!"

How many of those 600 would he trade if he could have thrown one more in the 2007 Super Bowl? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How many of those 600 would he trade if he could have thrown one more in the 2007 Super Bowl? 

Yeah. He's not 10-0 in his superbowl appearances. No HOF for him. :nono:

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. He's not 10-0 in his superbowl appearances. No HOF for him. :nono:

Never said that. If you whacked up Brady’s career by thirds he would be better than any QB in the history of the Chicago Bears in any of those increments. All that for a sixth round pick. Between Trubisky and Fields and what the Bears gave away for them thats just crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Never said that. If you whacked up Brady’s career by thirds he would be better than any QB in the history of the Chicago Bears in any of those increments. All that for a sixth round pick. Between Trubisky and Fields and what the Bears gave away for them thats just crazy. 

Get back to me when I care about your opinion of the Bears. 

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Get back to me when I care about your opinion of the Bears. 

It’s not an opinion.