Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

David Johnson

He and Lindsay 

I'd say he's relevant enough to roster, but not relevant enough to start - until we see how he's used in the running game. Houston has already shown they're willing to using him on passing downs but I don't know they'll be using him as a 3 down back. I picked him up and I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I need to see it before I consider him relevant enough to start. 

Just now, DEEZNUTS said:

I'd say he's relevant enough to roster, but not relevant enough to start - until we see how he's used in the running game. Houston has already shown they're willing to using him on passing downs but I don't know they'll using him as a 3 down back. I picked him up and I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I need to see it before I consider him relevant enough to start. 

Same. Picked up Johnson which probably means Lindsey will become Walter Payton the rest of the year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Same. Picked up Johnson which probably means Lindsey will become Walter Payton the rest of the year

Yup.

Aaron Wilson of SportsTalk 790 writes that the Texans are expected to increase Phillip Lindsay's workload following the Mark Ingram trade.

Lindsay's been one of the worst backs in the NFL this year by most advanced stats -- he slipped off Next Gen Stats' tracking boards due to a lack of carries but had the highest negative rushing yards over expectation per attempt in the NFL. It's hard to tell if Lindsay will be worth starting until we see how the new split in Houston plays out (and if either he or Johnson are still there after the trade deadline), but he's worth rostering as a speculative add until we find out. 

2 hours ago, DEEZNUTS said:

I'd say he's relevant enough to roster, but not relevant enough to start - until we see how he's used in the running game. Houston has already shown they're willing to using him on passing downs but I don't know they'll be using him as a 3 down back. I picked him up and I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I need to see it before I consider him relevant enough to start. 

You picked up David Johnson? Whew-hard up or what? HAHAHA!

43 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

You picked up David Johnson? Whew-hard up or what? HAHAHA!

you ok? not sure that's a relevant contribution to the thread but ok. 

4 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Aaron Wilson of SportsTalk 790 writes that the Texans are expected to increase Phillip Lindsay's workload following the Mark Ingram trade.

Lindsay's been one of the worst backs in the NFL this year by most advanced stats -- he slipped off Next Gen Stats' tracking boards due to a lack of carries but had the highest negative rushing yards over expectation per attempt in the NFL. It's hard to tell if Lindsay will be worth starting until we see how the new split in Houston plays out (and if either he or Johnson are still there after the trade deadline), but he's worth rostering as a speculative add until we find out. 

That roto blurb got the headline mixed up. This is the actual quote from the reporter they were quoting. "

The 1-6 Texans are now expected to feature David Johnson, their primary back last season and a 2016 All-Pro selection with the Arizona Cardinals, again with Ingram gone and increase the role of former Denver Broncos Pro Bowl runner Phillip Lindsay."

If you need RB help, he's worth a shot I guess, him or Lindsay.

David Johnson seems to be more of the receiving back, so he may be a better option in PPR. He will probably be good for 3-4 catches a game, minimum.

I wouldn't expect more than handful of carries but he may get some goal line carries, but then again, Philip Lindsay may too.

Also keep in mind, the Texans suck, so any RB for them is gonna be of limited value, especially half of the work. They may only score 3 more rushing TDs all season as a team.

Also, David Johnson is made of glass, don't be surprised if he pulls his hamstring next week and misses the next 5 games, only to come back, tweak in the 2nd quarter and miss 3 more.

He also had Watson at Qb.  

DJ line last week of about 4-5 catches and maybe 50-60 yards seem kind of like it for him. Between injuries and bye weeks, he will be usable as a flex fill in.