Sign in to follow this  
Einstein's Dog

A Rodgers replacement discussion - M White?

For those (like me) in need of a quick QB replacement what are you thinking?  

I think my league is representative of most and has similar options.  Options include Garapolo, Tua, M jones, Mayfield, Taysom Hill, M White, T Lawrence, T Taylor.

Why is M White so low on QB rankings?  He scored 32 points last week against Cincy and now has Indy on a short week?  FFToday's article lists him as a potential waiver wire candidate but the week 9 QB rankings have him dead last with 15.6 points.  Yahoo's rankings have M White as #22, ESPN has White at 23, and fantasypros have him at 25.

For me the QBs just getting the new gig are a little too risky so I'm avoiding T Taylor, T Hill, and J Love.  Choice for me is down to Tua or M White.  Tua (v Hou) is universally higher rated according to the services but M White (v Indy) just went over 30 points and, to me, it seems like he would let it loose knowing this is his last gasp.  Thoughts? 

How do you see M White doing on Thursday?

Tua.

• Thanks 1

If Dak misses this week again, Cooper Rush wouldn't be a bad pick

Any thoughts on Jimmy G? Arizona could go shootout? 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hey son, you really should post this on "A little help?" IDIOT................................

For what it's worth. The only other key might be that Tua is playing at home, & Mr. White on the road. 

You can click on the team and see all the individual game results vs QB's

Passing Rushing Fantasy
Team
asc.gif desc.gif
G
asc.gif desc.gif
Cmp
asc.gif desc.gif
Att
asc.gif desc.gif
Yard
asc.gif desc.gif
TD
asc.gif desc.gif
INT
asc.gif desc.gif
Att
asc.gif desc.gif
Yard
asc.gif desc.gif
TD
asc.gif desc.gif
FPts
asc.gif desc.gif
FPts/G
asc.gif desc.gif
 1. Football Team vs. QB 8 204 303 2,391 20 4 35 217 2 233.3 29.2
 2. Chiefs vs. QB 8 179 264 2,217 14 6 48 253 4 216.2 27.0
 3. Dolphins vs. QB 8 208 314 2,430 17 3 31 117 1 207.2 25.9
 4. Cowboys vs. QB 7 173 263 2,051 13 11 29 107 2 177.3 25.3
 5. Titans vs. QB 8 199 316 2,268 15 7 37 138 2 199.2 24.9
 6. Texans vs. QB 8 167 249 2,130 15 7 38 83 4 198.8 24.9
 7. Colts vs. QB 8 180 256 2,059 19 9 36 166 0 195.6 24.4
 8. Buccaneers vs. QB 8 218 320 2,110 16 10 33 137 2 195.2 24.4
 9. Falcons vs. QB 7 162 236 1,708 15 3 38 244 0 169.8 24.3
 10. Jaguars vs. QB 7 168 227 2,029 11 2 26 115 2 169.0 24.1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess it depends on your options at QB, but I tend to try and avoid him

Just now, polecatt said:

Most people would that have any concept about FF, but we ARE talking about troubadour-whenever you have a big-mouth blowhard like him that claims to be expert it is usually a beggar that knows nothing and will do anything to suck up to gain knowledge. He's the guy that posts on here questions that SHOULD be on "a little help"..............and only answers others with criticism. But we need to remember, he's only a cull (the kind that sucked up to ballplayers at his school), never made a team, just doesn't understand what athletes have to go through. Don't help him, he won't help you.

20 minutes ago, polecatt said:

We start two, use better score. Tannehill is my other, and I’ve been rotating the other. Tried Bridgewater but I can’t watch that mess anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We start two, use better score. Tannehill is my other, and I’ve been rotating the other. Tried Bridgewater but I can’t watch that mess anymore. 

Jimmy G and Tanny? How drunk were you at your draft? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I may be in the minority but I would go Mike White over Garoppolo.  The Jets just beat Cincy with White going bonkers.  Why wouldn't they try that again?  Indy doesn't have much of a defense and it's in a dome in a prime time game.

Mike White's one game was a higher score than Garoppolo has had all year.  And AZ is ranked 30th easiest (which means 3rd hardest) according to yahoo, whereas Indy is 8th easiest for QBs.  I don't think there is much of a chance that Garoppolo outscores Tannehill but there is for White.

I'm wondering if Mike White and Taysom Hill will be starters for the rest of the year.  I'm in a 2 QB league (deep bench) with 5 QBs already including Mahomes and Dak but I'm going to try and add White and Hill to play keep away from teams in need of another QB.

7 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I'm wondering if Mike White and Taysom Hill will be starters for the rest of the year.  I'm in a 2 QB league with 5 QBs already including Mahomes and Dak but I'm going to pick up these White and Hill to play keep away from teams in need of another QB.

I think Taysom Hill will be the starter for the rest of the year.  And he will be a good play at times.  I think if you knew for sure he was playing he would be good this week against Atl.  Hill had some good games last year.  He adds a lot with his running yardage.  If you could count on Hill starting this week I'd take him over White and Garoppolo.

I don't think M White is the starter the rest of the year.  It's more how long he can stay on fire and when he crashes.  Z Wilson isn't out for the year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Hey son, you really should post this on "A little help?" IDIOT................................

And you should post this on "Hey! Look what a douchnozzle I am".

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I may be in the minority but I would go Mike White over Garoppolo.  The Jets just beat Cincy with White going bonkers.  Why wouldn't they try that again?  Indy doesn't have much of a defense and it's in a dome in a prime time game.

Mike White's one game was a higher score than Garoppolo has had all year.  And AZ is ranked 30th easiest (which means 3rd hardest) according to yahoo, whereas Indy is 8th easiest for QBs.  I don't think there is much of a chance that Garoppolo outscores Tannehill but there is for White.

George Brittle should be back and I think we get a good dose of the Indy running game tomorrow. I’m gonna give JG a twirl this week. He’s had some good success against Arizona. Thanks. 

16 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Indy doesn't have much of a defense

Axually Indy has the #4 defense for fantasy, and they are top half of the league in points allowed, rushing yards allowed, passing yards allowed and total yards allowed.

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Axually Indy has the #4 defense for fantasy, and they are top half of the league in points allowed, rushing yards allowed, passing yards allowed and total yards allowed.

Please see easilyscan’s post above - Indy has been very generous to apposing QBs to the tune of 24.4 pts per week.  

Not much love for M White and this matchup from any of the rankings though.  I rank M White higher than FFT, ESPN, and fantasy pros.

I rank White higher than Garoppolo, Love, and C Rush. And T Hill is too risky for me this week.  I do agree w others that Tua is a better choice at home against Hou.

Taylor. 

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Please see easilyscan’s post above - Indy has been very generous to apposing QBs to the tune of 24.4 pts per week.

Look at the axual stats, though... Indy is allowing fewer passing attempts, fewer passing completions and fewer passing yards than most of the other teams on that list--they just allowed 4 more passing TDs than most of the others.  So 4 TDs in 8 games spikes their points allowed by 3 pts per week; at 21.4 rather than 24.4 they'd be a lot further down the list.

1 hour ago, huskyhater75 said:

HAHAHA, you sound like troubadour using another name, nice try @$$hole. Really Who are YOU?

Obsessed.