Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

Javonte Williams Owners Are Ecstatic

I'm not an owner, but I guess we'll see if he's really all that Sunday.

MELVIN GORDON
RB, DENVER BRONCOS
Melvin Gordon
Melvin Gordon (hip) is doubtful for Week 13 against the Chiefs. 
All aboard the Javonte Williams hype train. A highly efficient player on limited touches so far as a rookie, Williams is now going to get full starter's touches in a matchup against a poor run defense. He is a must-start option this week. As for Gordon, a full week of missed practices suggests he is at best questionable for Week 14.  
RELATED: Javonte Williams
SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter
Dec 3, 2021, 3:18 PM ET

12 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Williams is now going to get full starter's touches in a matchup against a poor run defense.

Whoever wrote that hasn't been paying attention.  The Chiefs shuffled the defensive line some, moving Chris Jones to a tackle position instead of DE, and over the past three games, the Chiefs have the #5 run defense in the NFL.  Kansas City is also #9 against the run at home for the entire 2021 season.

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Whoever wrote that hasn't been paying attention.  The Chiefs shuffled the defensive line some, moving Chris Jones to a tackle position instead of DE, and over the past three games, the Chiefs have the #5 run defense in the NFL.  Kansas City is also #9 against the run at home for the entire 2021 season.

It does appear as if Zac Stevens has his head planted firmly up his !@#.

Last 4 weeks vs RB's shown below. I dug further and found they haven't allowed a RB rushing TD since week 4 (Kenneth Gainwell) or a RB receiving TD since week 3 (Austin Ekeler)

Of course JW owners are going to play him regardless. The running game is the Broncos strength.

Rushing Receiving Fantasy
Team
asc.gif desc.gif
G
asc.gif desc.gif
Att
asc.gif desc.gif
Yard
asc.gif desc.gif
TD
asc.gif desc.gif
Rec
asc.gif desc.gif
Yard
asc.gif desc.gif
TD
asc.gif desc.gif
FPts
asc.gif desc.gif
FPts/G
asc.gif desc.gif

28. Chiefs vs. RB 4 62 273 0 27 224 0 49.7 12.4

12.4 for a flex might be a good option. 

Just another reason I hate TNF! Had I known this yesterday, I would have sat Zeke for Williams.

3 hours ago, Law said:

Just another reason I hate TNF! Had I known this yesterday, I would have sat Zeke for Williams.

Yep, I had the same dilemma. I almost made the move anyway but was too chicken.

yeah this couldnt have really come at a better time....i just lost cmac and while i have hubbard and abdullah as cuffs i have little to no faith in them.......i have mixon so pairing him with javonte down the stretch will prob be my go to....i actually flexed javonte last week and he came through......the matchup isnt ideal this week but if javonte could pop some big plays and show these guys hes the guy they need on the field at all times that would be great

i won this league a few years ago when i had gurley and mixon as my 2 main backs....gurley was wounded late in the year after killing it most of the year...i had nick chubb sitting there on my bench and he went off in the 2nd half of the year as they gradually started to lean on him...i hope i see a repeat of something like that....this is a high stakes league and my team is right there in the mix.....might be getting kyler(hopefully one not afraid to run because hes gimpy) back although i wont start him next week....my wr corps is solid(have gronk and brown is out now).....would be really nice for javonte to break out!!!!

I'm excited!  Must win game to make the playoffs.  This is why you handcuff RBs and draft for depth and always work the waiver wire.  I have Dalvin Cook and Melvin Gordon and Mike Williams and AJ Brown and Corey Davis benched or on IR as well.

My starting lineup

Patrick Mahomes

Dak Prescott (should have started Taysom Hill or Wentz)

Alexander Mattison

Antonio Gibson

Javonte Williams

Marquise Brown

Brandon Aiyuk

Tyler Lockett

Tee Higgins

Mark Andrews

TJ Hockenson

Vikings Kicker

Broncos Kicker

Derwin James

49ers D/ST

Steelers D/ST

• Thanks 1

You start 16 slot? 

On 12/3/2021 at 12:53 PM, AxeElf said:

Axe, you gotta consider the source.......he's clueless.

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You start 16 slot? 

Yes.  Start 16.  We draft and roster 25 plus 2 available IR spots.  It's an 8 team league so and it's really fun.  The roster numbers and starting requirements make it feel like a 12 team league of 16 rounds.  It's also an auction draft with up to three 1 year keepers.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Yes.  Start 16.  We draft and roster 25 plus 2 available IR spots.  It's an 8 team league so and it's really fun.  The roster numbers and starting requirements make it feel like a 12 team league of 16 rounds.  It's also an auction draft with up to three 1 year keepers.

Thanks for the reply, that does make since being an 8 team league.  Cool, sounds fun. 

Yessssss he’s having a very good game.  

Thank you Jesus.  

Great game by Javonte Williams.  He's very talented.  I had my win locked up before the game started and I'm headed to the playoffs winning my division and getting the 2 seed, I think if I understand my leagues tie breaking rules.

As the OP who stated "I guess we'll see if he's really all that Sunday"

The answer is obvious!

Congrats to all those who either drafted him and hung on, or traded for him. (unfortunately I wasn't either of those)

Dang he looked good out there.

Looked impossible to arm tackle.  Runs low to the ground with quickness.

Potential league winner if Gordon is out for extended period.

• Like 1

Very interested to see if Gordon isn’t out long how they use them both going forward. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Very interested to see if Gordon isn’t out long how they use them both going forward. 

Gordon's injury doesn't sound like a long term one, so we'll see.

Javonte had an excellent game, but I don't think this one alone will change things a whole lot.

He may get a few more touches, but Gordon will get a few as well, and probably stay the goal line RB.

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

definitley.....i havent looked into their playoff chances now after last night...but im guessing they arent great......

it really depends on how they look at gordon...isnt his contract up? if they could bring him back on a relatively good deal they  might be one of those teams that might enjoy the 2 back rotation(especially if theyre both good).....also if gordon comes back next week i could see the split starting to lean in williams favor a bit.....they might want to show of williams a bit more to court aaron rodgers.....

long term though i could see gordon staying, especially if a. rodgers comes....having depth at any position is super key to making a superbowl run.....

i remember the week leading up to the titans/pats game up here on local radio...they were talking about the running back rooms of each team and how after henry went down the drop off was very steep....but when harris is out the drop off isnt much, if anything, at all for the patriots....who also lost james white....and bolden is even playing well....depth at every position is key so denver long term might be looking to keep both around

3 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Gordon's injury doesn't sound like a long term one, so we'll see.

Javonte had an excellent game, but I don't think this one alone will change things a whole lot.

He may get a few more touches, but Gordon will get a few as well, and probably stay the goal line RB.

yeah i could see maybe the split leaning a bit towards williams now but prob not by much of a margin

That’s what I don’t want to see happen, I want J Williams to be the guy, but I don’t see it going that way either.  

Now the interesting part, to se how the use both Rbs.  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Now the interesting part, to se how the use both Rbs.  

I don't think it's gonna be that much different.

Javonte could see a few more touches, in the passing game especially, but I still think Gordon will get double digit carries and be the goal line back

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

I don't think it's gonna be that much different.

Javonte could see a few more touches, in the passing game especially, but I still think Gordon will get double digit carries and be the goal line back

I would agree, but that’s not what I want.  

Gordon is 29 years old and he's going to be a FA.

It makes NO sense for him to risk getting hurt.   There's going to be a market for a healthy Gordan but an injured Gordan won't be good.

Keep in mind, this guy sat out a year during his LAC days to get what he deserve.

So you think he’s going to ask the Broncos to sit him? 

On 12/9/2021 at 10:23 AM, Skinny_Bastard said:

Keep in mind, this guy sat out a year during his LAC days to get what he deserve.

He did not.  He sat out the first four games or so in 2019 (and even then he caved, he didn't get what he thought he deserved), but he has never sat out a full year.