BunnysBastatrds

Let’s Do A Top Ten Eighties Rock Band Thread

Wow, great music! I can’t believe hearing songs that used to grate my nerves makes me miss the past. Even more shocking is that in the future I’ll miss all of these new TikTok songs.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Wow, great music! I can’t believe hearing songs that used to grate my nerves makes me miss the past. Even more shocking is that in the future I’ll miss all of these new TikTok songs.

Cool. I was thinking about you yesterday watching a commercial for RESPECT and blurted out Peenie is going to love this movie.  As will I and I have a glow in the dark bottom. My wifey says “who and what???” Me: In the mood for a half hour conversation? 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I flipping love Rush, three guys that sound like six....:headbanger:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Ugh

OK Charlie Brown. Who’s Lucy???

This, like the last band was local, but made it a bit bigger.  Saw them a few times. Lead guitarist showed up at my my place of employment around 5-6 years ago preaching agile development and scrums, etc.  I recognized him almost immediately, probably the only one and yelled out slave raider.  He gave me a nod.  Sadly he died a couple of years later.  

"After releasing two EPs on their own Blotto Records label, they produced an early music video for "I Wanna Be A Lifeguard" with video production students at SUNY Albany. The video was played on MTV's very first day on the air in 1981, and continued in frequent rotation.[3] This exposure helped the band produce their album Combo Akimbo, which was released with assistance from Peter Pan Records, as well as a "Video 45" on VHS from Sony with three videos of Blotto songs that also received wide exposure from airplay on MTV, including "Metalhead," with Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser from Blue Öyster Cult on lead guitar."

58 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

First I've seen that video that I can remember, pretty cool.  Yea I liked D-A-D. and bought their cassette when it first came out.  Good music!

30 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

First I've seen that video that I can remember, pretty cool.  Yea I liked D-A-D. and bought their cassette when it first came out.  Good music!

Been a fan for a long time. Had their cassettes too.