Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Red Soft hire 2nd chick as minor league coach. Wokeness gone haywire

https://www.si.com/mlb/2022/01/14/red-sox-hire-katie-krall-as-minor-league-coach-double-a-portland-sea-dogs

The Red Sox have hired Katie Krall as its minor league coach, making the franchise the first to hire two women on their coaching staffs. 

Last year, the club hired Bianca Smith, making her the first Black woman to coach professional baseball. According to the Boston Globe, she will be promoted to a full-time coaching role in Fort Myers (Fla.) this year. 

Krall spent the 2020 and '21 seasons working as a baseball operations analyst for Boston's front office. Now, she's the new development coach for the Double A Portland Sea Dogs, per the Globe. Her twin sister, Annie Krall, confirmed the Globe's report of Katie's hiring as she tweeted, “Can’t wait to see Katie Krall in a uniform on the field!! In case anyone was still unsure… my twin sister is the coolest glass ceiling crusher out there! But maybe I’m a little biased.”

:doh:

Imagine her arguing with an umpire :lol:    MLB is really dying a slow death

4 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

they just had to outwoke the yankees

I do like Red Soft. That is what they should change their name to

What the heck has she done to deserve being an on field coach?  Does she know anything about playing baseball? 

Wood, though. 

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

What the heck has she done to deserve being an on field coach?  Does she know anything about playing baseball? 

Wood, though. 

Oh totally wood. I can't see how hiring a cute girl for a minor league team could ever go wrong. 

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Wood, though. 

Jess Mendoza was already under contract

1 minute ago, posty said:

If they are the best candidate for the job, I have no issue with it...

I am sure they feel she is the best woman for the job. Clearly they didn't want to hire a male

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

When these gals are fired, what will be the claimed reason?  What if a white male is fired?

Won't happen. 

52 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Wood, though. 

the Yankees chick is way hotter

can't wait til the playboy hot coaches of the minor leagues issue

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, edjr said:

Oh totally wood. I can't see how hiring a cute girl for a minor league team could ever go wrong. 

its the new hot high school teacher banging the young studs volume 3

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

the Yankees chick is way hotter

can't wait til the playboy hot coaches of the minor leagues issue

A little Major League action. We need a cardboard cut out :banana:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, posty said:

If they are the best candidate for the job, I have no issue with it...

Stfu.  No way she is best for the job.  Look at her résumé.

There was a report on NESN last year saying the Red Sox had a whole "Diversity, Equity & Inclusion" department that like 40 employees. How much work could they possibly give these people???

4 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

There was a report on NESN last year saying the Red Sox had a whole "Diversity, Equity & Inclusion" department that like 40 employees. How much work could they possibly give these people???

Doesn't matter.  The hires themselves were the solution.  Although I am not sure what the problem was.  Every sports franchise outside of hockey is inherently mostly minority.

12 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

My company started DEI bullchit about 2 years ago. There was talk of hiring someone fulltime for it. That has not happened yet. 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

My company started DEI bullchit about 2 years ago. There was talk of hiring someone fulltime for it. That has not happened yet. 

We have a "Chief Diversity Officer" who I bet easily makes $250K, and I'm probably underestimating.

1 minute ago, Thornton Melon said:

We have a "Chief Diversity Officer" who I bet easily makes $250K, and I'm probably underestimating.

:wacko: 

The money people make at my firm is focking outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS!  

I am overpaid for what I do, but nowhere near what some make.

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

:wacko: 

The money people make at my firm is focking outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS!  

I am overpaid for what I do, but nowhere near what some make.

Truth.

I forgot to mention, our "Chief Diversity Officer" is a black guy who has a team of 6 women, 4 of whom are black, and 2 Hispanic. Some "diversity" there....

Just now, Thornton Melon said:

Truth.

I forgot to mention, our "Chief Diversity Officer" is a black guy who has a team of 6 women, 4 of whom are black, and 2 Hispanic. Some "diversity" there....

Co-Ed Basketball team