WhiteWonder

2022 Season / Draft Discussion

Finished.   Interesting draft.  Went about the way I expected.  

I knew by drafting Lynn in the first I would be out on Arozarena and probably Aldolis Garcia.   Made the decision to go starting pitcher heavy in the first 2 rounds. I was hoping Ozuna would be there in the third but wasn’t sure.  I was counting on Burt having all the offense in the world after this offseason.     

Being able to lock down the starters for the Cardinals was huge.  If/when Flaherty comes back I will have a nice 1-2 punch with Lynn.   

Hopefully we can finish up in the next day or two and jump into the supplemental.  

Finished as well. Not much to say. By far the least enjoyable draft I’ve had for the geek homers. Tyler Glasnow is likely to miss the whole season so starting pitching was important to me and the dice focked me royally. I was reaching every round because all rays are apparently highly coveted now. 

sure, it’s nice to have Randy but Cruz as a util only is annoying. Still I felt he was the best I could do at the time since Renfroe and Cron have really only had one good year. Of course I hoped Cron would make it back to me and if not that I could get Nate Lowe but was not prepared to take Nate until the 5th/6th anyway. 

all in all I got 10 players from my 26 player draft list… but only 3 of my top 12. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Finished as well. Not much to say. By far the least enjoyable draft I’ve had for the geek homers. Tyler Glasnow is likely to miss the whole season so starting pitching was important to me and the dice focked me royally. I was reaching every round because all rays are apparently highly coveted now. 

sure, it’s nice to have Randy but Cruz as a util only is annoying. Still I felt he was the best I could do at the time since Renfroe and Cron have really only had one good year. Of course I hoped Cron would make it back to me and if not that I could get Nate Lowe but was not prepared to take Nate until the 5th/6th anyway. 

all in all I got 10 players from my 26 player draft list… but only 3 of my top 12. 

The Rays are such a good, deep team.  I'm still grabbing scraps from you and Burt in the 14th round, three rounds after you guys are finished😂

You know what they say, one man's trash is another man's well used trash masquerading as treasure, or something like that.

Combination of going back to a team I haven't run in years and drafting while out of town burned me a couple times. I forgot about Smyly until after I had made my corrected 7th round pick and could only hope he made it through two picks each by Atlanta, Tampa, and Texas (too much to hope for). Then I forgot Boyd had pitched two games with Toronto before being traded to Detroit. 

Boyd won't be back til mid season but I figured I'd stash him on the IR and grab another. If SF can get the best of what he's shown, could be a gem.

5 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Combination of going back to a team I haven't run in years and drafting while out of town burned me a couple times. I forgot about Smyly until after I had made my corrected 7th round pick and could only hope he made it through two picks each by Atlanta, Tampa, and Texas (too much to hope for). Then I forgot Boyd had pitched two games with Toronto before being traded to Detroit. 

every time i touch smyly he turns to shiit. didn't even have him on my list.

2 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Boyd won't be back til mid season but I figured I'd stash him on the IR and grab another. If SF can get the best of what he's shown, could be a gem.

Yeah, since I incorrectly remembered him as an exclusive, I didn't feel the need to draft him when he is out for months.

Done.  :bandana:

And with plenty of time left for all our guys to tear their ACLs in spring training.  🤨

@RaiderHaters Revenge  is up for a 10th round pick that will complete the regular draft.

then we can roll for the supplemental order tomorrow or friday and kick off the Supp on 3/28?

Which of you fine commissioners will be loading rosters in prior to  3/28 so we have a clean view of the available players for the Supp?

Awww yeahhh. Tommy Pham signs with the Reds! Title winning draft pick right there :lol:

14 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Which of you fine commissioners will be loading rosters in prior to  3/28 so we have a clean view of the available players for the Supp?

I can try.  I haven’t done it before.  🤷‍♂️      I don’t believe I have access to do so. 

10 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Awww yeahhh. Tommy Pham signs with the Reds! Title winning draft pick right there :lol:

focktard!!!!! damnit

about the only place he could be relevant

15 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

I can try.  I haven’t done it before.  🤷‍♂️      I don’t believe I have access to do so. 

cmh is the only one at the moment...  He has to give co-commissioner powers to someone so they can help...

It isn't that difficult, just tedious at times...

1 hour ago, posty said:

cmh is the only one at the moment...  He has to give co-commissioner powers to someone so they can help...

It isn't that difficult, just tedious at times...

can you just make everyone a free agent? and we can add our team?

If cmh can give me the keys I should have time the rest of today or tomorrow afternoon. Wife had surgery yesterday and I'm acting nurse. Appointment in the AM but otherwise floating.

26 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

If cmh can give me the keys I should have time the rest of today or tomorrow afternoon. Wife had surgery yesterday and I'm acting nurse. Appointment in the AM but otherwise floating.

Additional duties as assigned.....Hope your wife is doing well!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

focktard!!!!! damnit

about the only place he could be relevant

there were rumors he was willing to try first base and wanted to come back to Tampa. Thats what I was originally hoping for.... since his 15-15 potential would have been nice in the order for the Rays although it would have been a huge platoon.

landing with the Reds, where he should be an everyday outfielder with something to prove has wound up being the highlight of my entire, lackluster draft :lol:

32 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

there were rumors he was willing to try first base and wanted to come back to Tampa. Thats what I was originally hoping for.... since his 15-15 potential would have been nice in the order for the Rays although it would have been a huge platoon.

landing with the Reds, where he should be an everyday outfielder with something to prove has wound up being the highlight of my entire, lackluster draft :lol:

right, us fighting over the corpse of tommy pham lol

The Balls were kind to Lambert moving up 6 spots versus expected and unkind to ZT, moving down 5 spots versus expected. Minorly kind to Guard moving up 3 spots versus expected. Everything else was pretty close to the norm. Some people may have moved up or down 2 spots.

This is all assuming people covet an early supplemental..... personally I'd almost rather a back end turn pick.

It sounds like dcb plans to wait until Monday to kick off the picking. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

The Balls were kind to Lambert moving up 6 spots versus expected and unkind to ZT, moving down 5 spots versus expected. Minorly kind to Guard moving up 3 spots versus expected. Everything else was pretty close to the norm. Some people may have moved up or down 2 spots.

This is all assuming people covet an early supplemental..... personally I'd almost rather a back end turn pick.

It sounds like dcb plans to wait until Monday to kick off the picking. 

I finally had 2 good rolls for the regular and supplemental draft.   Now fully expecting for everyone to get injured and be out of it by May.  

7 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I would have preferred to grab one of the true studs at the top, but the lottery had other ideas.

I dont think 10 is too bad

although I only count 8 no brainers

I can only do it via desktop access and will have to later

• Like 1

Thanks GB

done with at least 1 error.  couldn't find Martin Perez, P, TEX for bbascom round 8.  Sure he's there as he shows up in the player list but the ranking numbers and the accents kept me from locating so Derek Holland became the placeholder.

Check my work.

• Thanks 1

Just in case I get distracted tomorrow….. needed to grab a pitcher

You cant see the rosters until they hit the button saying the draft is complete. But if you go to available players, the ones who have been drafted are not listed as available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly none of the players that would drastically improve my squad will fall to 10th, but I wasn't expecting the Tigers to be particularly competitive for a few years anyway. 

7 hours ago, Burt said:

You cant see the rosters until they hit the button saying the draft is complete. But if you go to available players, the ones who have been drafted are not listed as available. 

You can also go to “players” and filter your own team and it will show your current players. Not as nice and neat as seeing it in your team page but at least it’s something if you were not keeping track