IGotWorms

A basic thing that you suck at

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Mmmm Kenny & Ziggy's. 

Do the men dance in bird cages there?  👨‍❤️‍👨

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

Seriously yeah. I have no idea why. It’s a completely useless skill so not much of a bummer, but weird for sure.

I have to clap instead when I want Geek Club moms to crawl over to me. :( 

I love this answer, as snapping is something you'd think most people would learn.  For some reason I'm much better at it with my left hand.

I could never burp on command; I never quite got that swallow-air-thing.  Until my throat surgery, now I can kinda talk with burps if I need to.  :( 

37 minutes ago, Bert said:

That sux but I get it.  It took me an hour and 15 minutes to go 18 miles to work this morning.  :mad:

It was taking me 2 hours to go 19 miles each way. I finally gave up on driving in and now take the Railroad. 45 mins. With a 15 minute walk to and from. Not much savings on time but peace of mind. 

On 4/10/2022 at 4:10 PM, Cruzer said:

Hitting a fade. 

I played golf through HS with a controlled fade.  I gave golf up for a few years in college, and when I went back to the range suddenly I hit a draw.  I still do to this day.

That being said, I understand the mechanics of the swing and grip much better now and could TELL you how to hit a fade, but in practice if I implement those things I tend to keep drawing anyway until I transition to push slice.  So maybe I couldn't really tell you how to do it.   🤪

34 minutes ago, Bert said:

Lucky you!!!  I am going from Pearland to the galleria.  We are moving to the energy corridor later this year. 

The commute may be slightly better to the energy corridor? Beltway to i-10 and once on i-10 you will be going against the flow of traffic.  You should only have a ~30 minute commute?

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The commute may be slightly better to the energy corridor? Beltway to i-10 and once on i-10 you will be going against the flow of traffic.  You should only have a ~30 minute commute?

Correct.  Mileage wise it is longer but time wise in will be shorter.  

16 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I don’t play golf. What’s a fade ?

It's a slice (ball goes to the right for right handers).  But if you call it a "fade" it sounds like you did it on purpose.  :D 

19 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I don’t play golf. What’s a fade ?

When your shot fades away from you.  A right handed golfer's shot would go from left to right.  The opposite is called a hook or draw.

The first hole on my home course is a slight dogleg right with OB on the left, so a fade is the best shot.  I hate hitting an unnatural shot (for me) on the first hole but I always try it anyway, usually with little success.  My last round I hit what seemed like a perfect shot -- slight fade, about 5-10 feet left of the tree line, booyah!  My buddy hit it poorly into the trees on the right.  As we drove up to find his ball, we found... my ball.  Inexplicably some branch gremlin reached out and stopped my ball.  :mad:  I double bogeyed it.  :( 

I'm playing tomorrow, I'll try it again.  🤪

On 4/12/2022 at 9:39 AM, jerryskids said:

I played golf through HS with a controlled fade.  I gave golf up for a few years in college, and when I went back to the range suddenly I hit a draw.  I still do to this day.

That being said, I understand the mechanics of the swing and grip much better now and could TELL you how to hit a fade, but in practice if I implement those things I tend to keep drawing anyway until I transition to push slice.  So maybe I couldn't really tell you how to do it.   🤪

Oh I understand the swing and how to hit a fade. I'm a 4, or a 4 playing to a 6 now... But I've never been able to wire my ass and head together to make it happen. 

I can hit the most beautiful, ugly ass banana slice you've ever seen.............but a soft butter fade? Ha, not a chance. 

I just want to add on to whoever said caulking. Fock this. I was doing it today in the kitchen around the sink and I have like a clear caulk. Jesus Christ my wife is going to think I was just jerking off all day onto the sink area. Shiit is everywhere.

And now the playboy pages are all stuck to the counter…;)