Gepetto

***Official*** 2022 NBA Playoffs thread

I'm rooting for a Warriors sweep against the Nuggets just because I like Jordan Poole.  That guy can ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

I'm rooting for a Warriors sweep against the Nuggets just because I like Jordan Poole.  That guy can ball.

I had them -6.5 and over tonight so thankful for that.

• Like 1

Is it any better yet or still garbage?

I do have hope that Lebron missed the playoffs. The league getting sh1tty coincided pretty neatly with his rise. Could just be coincidence

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Is it any better yet or still garbage?

I do have hope that Lebron missed the playoffs. The league getting sh1tty coincided pretty neatly with his rise. Could just be coincidence

I'm not a fan but like betting on it and yes Lebron and the Lakers sucked this year.

Lebron did not suck this year. 

Age 37 Lebron stats this year: 

2021-22 per game averages

points  30.3

rebounds  8.2

assists  6.2

I'm a Lakers fan however I could barely cheer for this team and not a big fan of Lebron.  Anthony Davis got hurt as usual.  This team is old and poorly assembled and they were horrible with only 33 wins and 49 losses and finished 11th in the West.

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Lebron did not suck this year. 

Age 37 Lebron stats this year: 

2021-22 per game averages

points  30.3

rebounds  8.2

assists  6.2

I'm a Lakers fan however I could barely cheer for this team and not a big fan of Lebron.  Anthony Davis got hurt as usual.  This team is old and poorly assembled and they were horrible with only 33 wins and 49 losses and finished 11th in the West.

Sorry and meant the Lakers in whole wasn't very good.

Dallas Mavericks 79 - Utah Jazz 48 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Luka just hit 3 3 pointers in like a minute.  :banana:

Luka 30 points

Brunson 20 points

with a minute left 3rd quarter

14 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Dallas Mavericks 79 - Utah Jazz 48 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Luka just hit 3 3 pointers in like a minute.  :banana:

Luka 30 points

Brunson 20 points

with a minute left 3rd quarter

Back in my day, you’d kill yourself if your team was down that big in a playoff game 

Sixers look about ready to disappoint all their fans again. :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Trust the process.

Celtics sweep yay.  I watched like 30 minutes of the series.  I couldn't stand to watch Cryrie Irving.

Did you hear him after the game? He's a much bigger clown than Leflop. :doh:

18 minutes ago, Reality said:

Trust the process.

The Process got Philly a Top 3-5 player in the NBA. :dunno: 

Forcing Hinkie out and blowing all their draft capital and cap space on busts and overpriced role players is what capped this team. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

The Process got Philly a Top 3-5 player in the NBA. :dunno: 

Forcing Hinkie out and blowing all their draft capital and cap space on busts and overpriced role players is what capped this team. 

Ben Simmons sucking didn't help. Imagine if they went with Ingram instead. 

10 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Nice sweep by my Cs

Welcome to the board Wick!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Ben Simmons sucking didn't help. Imagine if they went with Ingram instead. 

The Sixers took Okafor 3 overall, spent 2 firsts on Fultz, drafted Ben 1 overall, maxed Tobias Harris, traded Covington and Saric for half a year of Butler, gave Horford $25m per, traded Mikal Bridges to take Zhaire Smith etc.

Everything they did after the Process was a disaster. It’s incredible they’re still a good (but not great) team.

49 minutes ago, MDC said:

The Sixers took Okafor 3 overall, spent 2 firsts on Fultz, drafted Ben 1 overall, maxed Tobias Harris, traded Covington and Saric for half a year of Butler, gave Horford $25m per, traded Mikal Bridges to take Zhaire Smith etc.

Everything they did after the Process was a disaster. It’s incredible they’re still a good (but not great) team.

Yikes, that’s brutal.

But you’ve got Harden, along with Embiid. Shouldn’t that alone be enough, or darn close to it?

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yikes, that’s brutal.

But you’ve got Harden, along with Embiid. Shouldn’t that alone be enough, or darn close to it?

Close to it sure. Sixers need a backup center and better wing play to take the next step. Maxey is a future star but he’s a season or 2 away. Harden is on the steep downslope.

5 hours ago, MDC said:

If only they had Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz back

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Harden is on the steep downslope.

I haven’t seen him play lately, but that makes sense. Certainly fishy when so many teams have moved on from him, and for progressively less in return

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Could had Tatum over Fultz..oof. 

23 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I haven’t seen him play lately, but that makes sense. Certainly fishy when so many teams have moved on from him, and for progressively less in return

Harden is a brilliant passer, good outside shooter and surprisingly not a total zero on D. He won’t ever be close to a scoring champ again. He just can’t take people off the dribble anymore.

11 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Could had Tatum over Fultz..oof. 

Celtics were never passing on Tatum.

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Harden is a brilliant passer, good outside shooter and surprisingly not a total zero on D. He won’t ever be close to a scoring champ again. He just can’t take people off the dribble anymore.

He doesn't need to when he can take his three steps on his step-back shot and shoot...

But then he won't go to the line 20 times a game and then complain that he doesn't get the calls...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Celtics were never passing on Tatum.

2017 draft:  Sizers took Fultz #1 overall ahead of Tatum.

23 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

2017 draft:  Sizers took Fultz #1 overall ahead of Tatum.

Celtics did that trade because they knew Fultz was going first and they’d still get their guy (Tatum). 

Link

30 minutes ago, posty said:

He doesn't need to when he can take his three steps on his step-back shot and shoot...

But then he won't go to the line 20 times a game and then complain that he doesn't get the calls...

Harden is still a good player. He’s just not a Top 10 player anymore and not someone I’m going to sign to a 5-year super max at his age.

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

Celtics did that trade because they knew Fultz was going first and they’d still get their guy (Tatum). 

Link

I remember now.  Celtics totally got it over on the Sixers with that move.

Odds of winning NBA championship.  :o  

Celtics  42%
Suns  18%
Warriors  12%
Bucks  9%
Heat  6%
76ers  4%
Mavericks  4%
Grizzlies  3%
Pelicans  0.70%
Jazz  0.50%
Timberwolves  0.20%
Raptors  0.10%
Hawks  <0.1%
Nuggets  <0.1%
Bulls  <0.1%

7 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

MDC at the time was all for it. I remember this well. 

13 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Yes they did.

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

MDC at the time was all for it. I remember this well. 

True. Me and early everyone else.

It's a really really really really good thing Embiid worked out. Almost every other aspect of 'the process' was a complete failure.

It's been 8 years now though, considering his injury history and size, that window will have a very short shelf life. Hopefully the peak for Embiid won't be the second round exits, that would be a disappointing career.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Yes they did.

Its like they made 2 big mistakes, but went for a role instead of a player.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Yes they did.

Things change quickly. 3 months ago people were calling talk radio here and arguing over who to trade Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum "They don't like playing with each other"

Amazing what can happen in 3 months

1 minute ago, Reality said:

It's a really really really really good thing Embiid worked out. Almost every other aspect of 'the process' was a complete failure.

It's been 8 years now though, considering his injury history and size, that window will have a very short shelf life. Hopefully the peak for Embiid won't be the second round exits, that would be a disappointing career.

The Process ended when the Sixers forced Hinkie out in 2016. Colangelo and Brand squandered all the draft capitol he built up.

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Things change quickly. 3 months ago people were calling talk radio here and arguing over who to trade Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum "They don't like playing with each other"

Amazing what can happen in 3 months

I hate the Celtics on principle but they’re an exceptional organization, I’ve got to hand it to them.

Also being coached by a former Sixers assistant but we hired Doc. :doh: 

Just now, MDC said:

I hate the Celtics on principle but they’re an exceptional organization, I’ve got to hand it to them.

Also being coached by a former Sixers assistant but we hired Doc. :doh: 

As I said in the other thread. Brown/Tatum spoke their minds and said black coach or we keep not giving it our all. Amazing what has happened since coach whitey moved up to GM and hired a black coach

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Patrick Ewing made a pretty good go of it back in the day.

And those were the glory days. God I loved the NBA then 😢

Embarrassing to be swept but as soon as the Nets drew the 7 seed they were done. I expect Boston to come out of the East. 

as for Philly and the process, regardless of when binkie left, it was largely a failure. To spend that long tanking and to only have a “top 3-5” player to show for it. No championships, no conference titles, blame can be put on squandering picks by other people but the fact is Philly is going to be stuck in no mans land after all that. 

I’m just calling it like it is so…. no, MDC, I don’t care what your response is or what shot you take at the Nets. Both teams are in the Same situation all these years later. It’s laughable 😂. At least Brooklyn is likely in a better spot for 2022-23. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Embarrassing to be swept but as soon as the Nets drew the 7 seed they were done. I expect Boston to come out of the East. 

as for Philly and the process, regardless of when binkie left, it was largely a failure. To spend that long tanking and to only have a “top 3-5” player to show for it. No championships, no conference titles, blame can be put on squandering picks by other people but the fact is Philly is going to be stuck in no mans land after all that. 

I’m just calling it like it is so…. no, MDC, I don’t care what your response is or what shot you take at the Nets. Both teams are in the Same situation all these years later. It’s laughable 😂. At least Brooklyn is likely in a better spot for 2022-23. 

You may not care but I’m going to tell you anyway. 👍🏻 

The Process has been over since Hinkie got forced out in 2016. He left behind a star player in Embiid and an embarrassment of riches that his successors totally squandered. That’s not an indictment of the Process, it’s an indictment of the total mismanagement since then.

The Sixers aren’t in a great spot but Brooklyn is locked into max contracts for Kyrie and Simmons for the rest of KD’s career. 

Good luck with that. 🤡 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

You may not care but I’m going to tell you anyway. 👍🏻 

The Process has been over since Hinkie got forced out in 2016. He left behind a star player in Embiid and an embarrassment of riches that his successors totally squandered. That’s not an indictment of the Process, it’s an indictment of the total mismanagement since then.

The Sixers aren’t in a great spot but Brooklyn is locked into max contracts for Kyrie and Simmons for the rest of KD’s career. 

Good luck with that. 🤡 

Posting 24x7x365. Even on Mother's Day, Xmas, Thanksgiving, and 4th of July. Proven.

Loser.