Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Titans Trade AJ Brown to Eagles

Whoa. 😮 Tennessee tired of Brown's nagging injuries? Didn't think they could resign him?

They immediately draft a WR (Treylon Burks) with the pick they acquired.

Pretty surprised by this, interested to hear why they moved on from AJ.

4 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Pretty surprised by this, interested to hear why they moved on from AJ.

I own AJ in one dynasty league and I like it, I think he needs a change of scenery.

Clearly they didn’t want to pay him. Maybe they think he’s one of those guys that loses the edge after a big payday?

So, it was about the $. I like how Brown says, he basically didn't have anything to do with the trade. "This wasn't my fault," Brown told ESPN. "I wanted to stay, but the deal they offered was a low offer. The deal they offered wasn't even $20 million a year." 🙄

Good article here on the situation - ESPN

Titans have the 5th least amount of cap space according to over the cap with just under 5 million. They made the same type of business decision that GB and KC made. Paying a top wr 20+ million a year will make it hard to compete for championships. We shall see how it works out for those teams. As for AJ, not a great landing spot for fantasy. No team ran the ball as much as the iggles. Hurts isn't all that accurate. As much as I love Brown, doubt he will be in my top 5 wr this year.

So, he's going to what is essentially the graveyard for WRs?

The eagles...

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Now the Eagles only need a QB and their offense should be solid.

What about RBs and an OL?

1/2 point ppr, Brown has been a top five wr once, his other two season a based on avg per game , he’s been a mid to low wr2.  

Doesn’t change much for me.  

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

1/2 point ppr, Brown has been a top five wr once, his other two season a based on avg per game , he’s been a mid to low wr2.  

He's a beast in leagues that give bonuses to long ball TDs, when healthy at least.

16 minutes ago, polecatt said:

What about RBs and an OL?

The OLine is pretty good.  Like every other team in the league, a bump wouldn't hurt, but the need to invest in it isn't necessary for them.  At least not this year.  I mean, nothing wrong with adding depth, but that's all they really need.  They have a good group of "JAG's" who can contribute.  A good QB with the pass catching talent they have will make the current crop better.  Even with a great RB, a below average QB will still hold you back.

3 minutes ago, polecatt said:

He's a beast in leagues that give bonuses to long ball TDs, when healthy at least.

Brown went from a QB who could get him the ball to a QB who can't get him the ball.  I'm thinking his ceiling this year is very low and his performance will be very volatile.  He's on the DND list for me this year.

7 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I’m sure he is, but in leagues that don’t , he’s been two out of his three seasons a low wr2 high wr3, should be the same with the Eagles. 

Rookie D Smith avg 9 points per game 1/2 ppr , so I think Brown can duplicate his 11 point avg with the Eagles.  

Im sure he won’t be on my team, his value will be to high still I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Well if you only look at stats and don't watch the games I could understand reaching such a shortsighted conclusion. There were several games AJ started but got hurt early that affected his per game avg. His rookie year he wasn't a full time starter the first month. There is a level of context one gets from not just looking at a box score. Anyone who actually watched him play could easily see his talent is a top 5 player. In this case with the eagles, though I wouldn't draft him in the first two rounds because of the football situation. His per game ff avg. is not all that relevant to me imo, thanks.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Titans have the 5th least amount of cap space according to over the cap with just under 5 million. They made the same type of business decision that GB and KC made. Paying a top wr 20+ million a year will make it hard to compete for championships. We shall see how it works out for those teams. As for AJ, not a great landing spot for fantasy. No team ran the ball as much as the iggles. Hurts isn't all that accurate. As much as I love Brown, doubt he will be in my top 5 wr this year.

Trading him to the Eagles just saved you from making another mistake.  

45 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Well if you only look at stats and don't watch the games I could understand reaching such a shortsighted conclusion. There were several games AJ started but got hurt early that affected his per game avg. His rookie year he wasn't a full time starter the first month. There is a level of context one gets from not just looking at a box score. Anyone who actually watched him play could easily see his talent is a top 5 player. In this case with the eagles, though I wouldn't draft him in the first two rounds because of the football situation. His per game ff avg. is not all that relevant to me imo, thanks.

We agree, he’s a top five talent, he’s being over drafted, because he’s returning low wr2 / high wr3 avg per game points. 

Thanks. I’m glad to have been a help. Welcome 🧐🥳

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

referring to the bolded part.   I've been preaching this for a while.  in cases like this it makes sense to take out games that are atypical or not representative of what is typical.

an injury early in the game counts.   normally players dont play when they are injured and when they do, production is not what it normally is.

ditto for time spent on the bench due to being a rookie.

that scenario isnt likely to happen again so why use it in your per game averages?   you shouldnt.

that said.....I am not convinced that Hurts will remain the QB.  if he cant move the ball with better receivers, I think Minshew gets his shot and I think hes a better thrower than Hurts.  He's not as good at running the ball, but I think the team is better with him in there than with Hurts.

if you look at his numbers, he does what you want him to.  high completion percentage.  High TD-INT ratio.   decent yards per game.   Not a stud but he was also in Jaxonville with lesser talent than he likely will have here if he plays.

he may actually be an ideal game manager if the team gets the run game going and a tough D, he may be the guy you want in there.

Just sayin......   

His nagging injuries are then costing you since one is drafting him in the second round, it’s good to make those accountable when ranking a player, so do we in turn toss out his best games also to make up for the ones he’s missed or had an early injury? Or do we just count his best games only lol.  

A players per game avg is the real way to gage ones performance, and to be better prepared for the next season.  

$25M a year. :doh:

Well that gives hopes to giant fans. Another bad team in the NFC east making stupid moves. At least the giants were smart enough not to pick up Jones' 5th year.

31 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

$25M a year. :doh:

Well that gives hopes to giant fans. Another bad team in the NFC east making stupid moves. At least the giants were smart enough not to pick up Jones' 5th year.

Also smart enough to pass on Jussie Fields. Thanks for the future All pro OT!

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Also smart enough to pass on Jussie Fields. Thanks for the future All pro OT!

I would rather have a great QB prospect than just another guy on the oline with a proven failure at QB. But that's just me. :dunno:

19 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I would rather have a great QB prospect than just another guy on the oline with a proven failure at QB. But that's just me. :dunno:

Agreed but you don’t even have a good QB prospect let alone a great one. I’d rather have a future all-pro at OT than a QB who is a good runner but folds under pressure whenever the pocket breaks down. Not to worry though Da Bears will try again at QB next draft…

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Agreed but you don’t even have a good QB prospect let alone a great one. I’d rather have a future all-pro at OT than a QB who is a good runner but folds under pressure whenever the pocket breaks down. Not to worry though Da Bears will try again at QB next draft…

Don't quit your day job to try to be a quality football analyst. You'll go hungry.

23 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Don't quite your day job to try to be a quality football analyst. You'll go hungry.

No problem, I’ll just hang onto both jobs. I’ll even give you some free analysis! This upcoming college football season pay extra attention to the Alabama and Ohio State QB’s as there is a decent chance Bryce Young or CJ Stroud is your 2023 starting Qb! No need to thank me gift wrapping a future all-pro OT is all the thanks I need!

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

No problem, I’ll just hang onto both jobs. I’ll even give you some free analysis! This upcoming college football season pay extra attention to the Alabama and Ohio State QB’s as there is a decent chance Bryce Young or CJ Stroud is your 2023 starting Qb! No need to thank me gift wrapping a future all-pro OT is all the thanks I need!

Like I said...:dunno:

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Like I said...:dunno:

Speaking of ‘what you said’ go back into the archives and read what the poster Seafoam said about Mitch Trubisky after he was drafted. Now THAT is analysis that has aged really well… 🙄

Just now, jrokh said:

Speaking of ‘what you said’ go back into the archives and read what the poster Seafoam said about Mitch Trubisky after he was drafted. Now THAT is analysis that has aged really well… 🙄

You make no sense. But not picking up jones' 5th year does. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

You make no sense. But not picking up jones' 5th year does. :thumbsup:

I’ll clear it up for you since Bears fans have trouble understanding simple things. On ff today website there is a search function. Type in Seafoam Mitch Trubisky. Many posts will appear. Click on them and enjoy the free comedy. Your welcome, but no need to thank me as the future All-Pro OT is thanks enough 👍

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I’ll clear it up for you since Bears fans have trouble understanding simple things. On ff today website there is a search function. Type in Seafoam Mitch Trubisky. Many posts will appear. Click on them and enjoy the free comedy. Your welcome, but no need to thank me as the future All-Pro OT is thanks enough 👍

Weird. :wacko:

At least you will draft high next year again. :dunno:

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I would love to work for an NFL team and draft wherever but as it stands I won’t be drafting anywhere. Da Bears on the other hand might be drafting 1st. Remember Bryce Young and CJ Stroud. Anyway out of respect for everyone here except for Weepaws I will have to leave this nonsense here. Thanks again for Evan Neal, really appreciate it!!!

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I would love to work for an NFL team and draft wherever but as it stands I won’t be drafting anywhere. Da Bears on the other hand might be drafting 1st. Remember Bryce Young and CJ Stroud. Anyway out of respect for everyone here except for Weepaws I will have to leave this nonsense here. Thanks again for Evan Neal, really appreciate it!!!

:lol:

32 minutes ago, jrokh said:

28 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Go private please you two devas. 

Thanks 🎉

54 minutes ago, jrokh said:

51 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

weird.

We agree. 

Thanks 🤓

41 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Go private please you two devas. 

Thanks 🎉

Diva. With an “i”

No I meant deva, I didn’t want to say diva, that would have been disrespectful to all you divas.