Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Who you focusing on?

Every draft you probably go into it with guys you think could be had later in the draft that might help win a league if need be. Who are guys you are focusing on that you might fit that bill as good guys to grab late in a draft- or even at a spot- if they provide good value.

QB- Trevor Lawrence for me. They gave him talent and a better coach and offensive control team and he should be able to take a step forward. If he can take a massive one he could leap into being a top 10 quarterback in fantasy.....Honorable mention: Justin Fields

RB- AJ Dillon. I don't want Aaron Jones but if I can grab his handcuff late in the draft I am doing it because I just have this hunch Dillon becomes the starter by the end of the season...Honorable mention: Ken Walker

WR- Russell Gage. A very good slot receiver who is playing with the best QB all time who loves throwing to the slot receiver. This feels almost too good a matchup....Honorable mention: Jerry Jeudy

TE- Cole Kmet. The guy gets a ton of looks and his touchdown stuff was really fluky last year. Numbers should come back to normal this year. Honorable mention: Noah Fant.

I really like Stevenson in the later rounds. Along with Z. White. the Raiders do not want to play Jacobs.

I have a couple I am targeting late.

DeVante Parker.  by all accounts the camp reports I've read have been positive.  at his ADP I think he returns good value if he stays healthy.

DJ Chark is another I think has some potential given his ADP.    hes a nice dart throw late in the draft who can return some nice results.

Kadarius Toney in New York I  think can do some good things if he stays on the field.

In my 2 QB league I like Goff and Mac Jones though they wont help most of you unless you are in a 2 QB or superflex league.

At RB I like Sanders in Philly and Jacobs in LV.

Gibson is listed at RB37.  while I dont like fumblers, I'm not sure what his ADP is but hes still listed at the top of the depth chart, so if you can get him at the price of an RB4 I'd suggest you take him at that price and roll the dice.

on the other hand Robinson is the guy who likely starts if he doesnt and hes valued even lower.  

if you are playing a zero RB strategy you could draft both real late and be guaranteed of a reasonable RB because we are reasonably sure one of them will start.   we just dont know for sure who that will be.   I know McIssac is listed at #2 but I'd suggest hed stay in that role regardless of who starts. I dont think he becomes the starter there

32 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

QB- Trevor Lawrence for me.

actually I like him a lot too.

This is one of the fairest years for snake drafting in history, with the undisputed #1 player in all of fantasy football often lasting into the second half of the first round.

Almost ANYONE can win this year, if they can just get their hands on Derrick Henry.

Whichever one of George Pickens or Nico Collins is still on the board when I make my last pick.

Love M Gallup’s adp.  

When he does return , in which it’s going to be soon, he will be the wr1 based on avg half ppr.  

Unlike the OP I think owning both A Jones and Dillon in half ppr would be great.  

Te looking at those double digit rounds of course , which is the on,y time one should draft a te, Engram. 

M Gordon he has a great adp and he will get a lot of work.  

Qb1 I like Cousins once again, he has a great double digit round adp, in which is the right time for one to draft their Qb, and he still has Jefferson and the return of Thielen in what is being called a more pass happy offense.  

27 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Whichever one of George Pickens or Nico Collins is still on the board when I make my last pick.

I like them both too.   I like Collins a bit more as I think there is more opportunity in Houston for him.   

there is good depth at WR in Pitt so pickens may not break out immediately.

if Mills breaks out as a QB Collins could be the fantasy darling of late round WR's.  he flashed in a couple games last year so not an unreasonable dart throw

Julio Jones for me.  He’s there to fill the Gronk void, and dude is a freak of nature.  He will have 10+ TDs this year.

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

This is one of the fairest years for snake drafting in history, with the undisputed #1 player in all of fantasy football often lasting into the second half of the first round.

Almost ANYONE can win this year, if they can just get their hands on Derrick Henry.

What should they do after week 8 or so when he's injured?

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

I'm more worried about the changes to the line (and offense as a whole) than I am about him getting injured.

hes proven to be fairly durable.  this last injury was the first in a long while

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

One deals with it if it was to happen, just like any other player that was draft in the first round 

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

Whatever they're going to do, they've already done it; that was last year.

For me, I am not leaving the draft without either Mooney or Amon Ra St Brown.  These two can be had after the fifth round and I think will return borderline WR1 numbers.

4 hours ago, JagFan said:

Julio Jones for me.  He’s there to fill the Gronk void, and dude is a freak of nature.  He will have 10+ TDs this year.

That would match his career high from 2012, but it's good to have dreams.

31 minutes ago, ST_Pete said:

For me, I am not leaving the draft without either Mooney or Amon Ra St Brown.  These two can be had after the fifth round and I think will return borderline WR1 numbers.

Who did the Bears pick up at Qb? 

QBs

Hurts will probably be as consistent as a mid round QB gets. If i happen to go QB mid rounds he's one I'll take before many of them. Usually I'll wait and see if someone falls with Cousins being an undervalued safety net for me. If I end up with Cousins, a lot of times I'll try to take T-Law as well to see if he can emerge as a top end option. That's the only time I'll draft 2 QBs.

RBs I like for the price. 

AJ Dillon is being drafted what I think is close to his floor, but his ceiling is RB1 if Jones goes down. Also Edmonds, Pierce, Walker, Stevenson and Hunt are good values for flex and RB depth options. Long shots I like Eno Benjamin with Williams likely being cut, White of Tampa as their RB2 and Boston Scott in philly, everyone seems to be on Gainwell despite Scott getting the bulk of the work so far.

WRs

I prefer waiting on WR for the most part since after the first handful it's an inconsistent group with not a ton of separation  and relavetly easy to find spot start options week to week. Kirk is probably undervalued given how many targets I think he'll have. Olave had a nose for the endzone in college, and should be the deep threat for a QB in Winston who has never been afraid to take a shot down field. MVS might be the only Chief I'll take a shot on. Schuster is having knee problems already, and MVS fits that deep threat they use. Not sure if any Chief WR will be reliable week to week, but I like the potential reward for a late round pick. I think another WR emerges in Indy. Not sure if it'll be Campbell or Pierce but they might be worth a last round pick to find out in week 1. If Thielen takes a step back, Osborn could emerge as a viable option this year. 

TE

Tonyan is practicing and could walk into a prominent target share and a primary red zone target for Rodgers earlier than most thought. I usually wait on TE grab him and a flier on Kmet or Njoku.  

Had to whip up a quick little "Target/Avoid" list for another site, so I might as well share that with you too:

Round Target Avoid
1 Derrick Henry Christian McCaffrey
  Jonathan Taylor Austin Ekeler
  Justin Jefferson Cooper Kupp
  Najee Harris Ja'Marr Chase
  D'Andre Swift  
  Joe Mixon  
2 Davante Adams Alvin Kamara
  Saquon Barkley Travis Kelce
  CeeDee Lamb Deebo Samuel
    Leonard Fournette
    Aaron Jones