Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '22-'23

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Great game by the K-State Wildcats!

That was one of the better games I have seen in years. That Newell dude is an absolute beast. Dominated that game from PG, such a fun player.

• Sad 1

Hoping tonight's games are as good as last night.   That was great. 

8 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Hoping tonight's games are as good as last night.   That was great. 

Certainly hope we get that lucky. Those were two of the best games in the tourney and we got em back to back.

This Formann for Colorado has been shooting the lights out this first half…

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

hell yes!!! Aztecs Elite 8

I took SDSU +7 :lol:

I also took Miami +7.5 :banana:

Why is it basket interference when a guy barely touches the net, but when guys slap the backboard and rattle everything after wiffing on a block it isn't? 

UCONN, Texas, kstate, Creighton

Usually rooting against the big 12 but here I'll take it.   

Can't win many games with 25 turnovers, no matter how good your team is...

Been a nice run of Final Fours for Geno and company...  Going to be weird not seeing them there...

Will be right back next year with Paige, Azzi and Edwards back and any that has a COVID year left of eligibility...

Go Hurricanes…. Getting three teams in the final four that have never been there would be incredible for men’s basketball…. So much nicer to get new teams in there instead of the usual ones…

34 minutes ago, posty said:

Go Hurricanes…. Getting three teams in the final four that have never been there would be incredible for men’s basketball…. So much nicer to get new teams in there instead of the usual ones…

It's not like Texas has been to many, either. 

7 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

It's not like Texas has been to many, either. 

F Texas...

The bad officiating has been discussed here a few times.

The call against Texas with 1:00 left is the worst call I’ve seen in this tournament.  What a joke.

4 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

The bad officiating has been discussed here a few times.

The call against Texas with 1:00 left is the worst call I’ve seen in this tournament.  What a joke.

That was a good call…. You can’t undercut like that…. That has been called a lot during the year…

16 minutes ago, posty said:

That was a good call…. You can’t undercut like that…. That has been called a lot during the year…

Bullcrap.  He boxed out for his teammates and the Miami player climbed over him.  Terrible call.

Kinda crickets on the subject, but what a finish by sdsu

Oh boy it would be great to see a team from the mountain west win the championship.  

Actually having some family over to watch the women's championship today.   Been awhile since I cared enough to tune in for it. 

This game is actually entertaining. This head coach for LSU is like a character from “The Righteous Gemstones” 😂

21 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

This game is actually entertaining. 

Of course it is...  Both semifinals games were just as entertaining...

24 minutes ago, posty said:

Of course it is...  Both semifinals games were just as entertaining...

The lack of athleticism is pretty jarring to watch. They can shoot the lights out though.

15 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The lack of athleticism is pretty jarring to watch. They can shoot the lights out though.

One just has to know that before going into watching the women's game...  Most people can't get past that, therefore they can't enjoy the women's game...  But we have a family friend that we went to games all four of her high school years and then have watched her play in college for a couple of years...  

Go Aztecs in the second half

Man, UConn just dominated this entire tournament from start to finish. Never in doubt, Impressive. Don't remember a recent run quite like it.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Man, UConn just dominated this entire tournament from start to finish. Never in doubt, Impressive. Don't remember a recent run quite like it.

Last one was probably...UCONN

43 minutes ago, Reality said:

When you look at what they did, you'd have to wonder how they didn't practically run the table this year.  During their Final Four matchup, I mentioned this in another post, that the announcer in the game said that that UConn might have as many as 3 lottery picks this year, but at least 2.  So, I went looking up NBA mock drafts the other day and saw that none of them had an UConn player in the lottery and Adamo Sanogo wasn't even a top 50 pick in a lot of them.  I looked at like 6 or 7, and they all seem to be in an agreement where Jackson and Hawkins were going in the 20's and Sanogo was a late 2nd rounder.

Here's one that was updated this morning... In the first round, only Hawkins was getting drafted of the 3 previously mentioned, with the Freshman Center Clingan getting taken a few picks later, but both in the mid-to late 20's.  If that's the case, I don't see any UConn player leaving.  Hawkins is a sophomore, Sanogo and Jackson are juniors, Clingan is a freshman and Karaban is a redshirt freshman.  That can be your starting 5 next year.  I can't imagine any UConn player entering the draft if they're projected to be later round 1, or round 2 picks.  I don't see how they can't improve their stock next year.  They're going to lose some good talent though, as Newton, Calcaterra, and Alleyne are seniors/graduates, but they still have Diarra off the bench and they have a freshman from Isreal (Yarin Hasson), who was a top player over there, but didn't join the team until late August.  I don't think he was eligible to play until January.  There's also the transfer portal (that's how they got Calcaterra).  I'm thinking there's a player or two that would like to go to UConn to be a part of that team.

Bleacher Report updated their mock draft this morning also and has no UConn players going in the first round.

UConn's win over SDSU lowest-viewed NCAA men's final on record

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/36082430/uconn-win-sdsu-lowest-viewed-ncaa-men-final-record

NEW YORK -- Connecticut's victory over San Diego State in the men's national championship game ended up being the lowest-viewed final on record.

The Huskies' 76-59 win averaged 14.69 million viewers on CBS. The previous low was 15.99 in 2018, when Villanova beat Michigan on TBS.

UConn's 2004 victory over Georgia Tech, which averaged 17.09 million, was the lowest on CBS until Monday night. CBS and TBS began alternating Final Fours in 2016.

Still, Monday's game was the most-watched program on television that evening and the most-watched basketball game -- college or pro -- since Kansas' victory over North Carolina in last year's national championship game.

The women's NCAA championship game set a record Sunday when LSU beat Iowa 102-85, with 9.9 million viewers on ABC and ESPN2.

This year's men's tournament averaged 9.55 million, down 7% from last year but up 4% from 2021. The first round on March 16-17 averaged 9.2 million, a record for the most-watched round of 64.

The lack of national name-brand teams after upsets the first weekend and in the regional semifinals took a toll on viewing numbers.