Sign in to follow this  
wild_and_crazy_guy

Is Lamar Jackson still a great fantasy QB?

I'm very happy for Lamar for the Ravens win today. I'm also happy for Gus.  Unfortunately, it seems that Lamar suddenly sucks as a fantasy QB.  He went from being the best fantasy QB (weeks 1-3) to an ok fantasy QB (weeks 4-6), to a dud (week 7).  Lamar is one of the top ranked QBs on all the cheat sheets, but my league does not award points for ranking prominence.  I'm considering benching him next week for Tua unless his fantasy decline is explainable. 

What do you think is going on?

Seems like a lot of fantasy QB suck this year. There are very few maybe 5 or 6 that are consistently reliable.

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Seems like a lot of fantasy QB suck this year. There are very few maybe 5 or 6 that are consistently reliable.

Like who? Mahomes,burrow,fields,Allen and Hurts  

Seems to me Baltimore is returning to more of a ball control offense and trying (successfully, I might add) to settle things down. They don’t want to be losing games 45-38

I think there are two things going on with him. His top receiving options have been battling injuries and the top backs on this roster have been coming back. Granted Dobbins is out again, but Edwards came back and took two rushing tds that Lamar might have had in the first couple weeks.

I still see him as a top option and would only trade him straight up for a few other qbs.

I would let him go, who needs that type of ff production on ones team 🧐

5 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Fields? 

7 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Fields is reliably awful. :thumbsup: 

Slipped that in for super Cubs lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would let him go, who needs that type of ff production on ones team 🧐

I mean, I'm not letting him go but the type of ff production he has put up for the past four weeks is...QB 21, QB 16, QB 13, QB 19 (MNF pending).

He’s been avg, I think injuries to his WRs and that the Ravens want to establish a rb has been the biggest issue for his lack of ff production.  

33 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I mean, I'm not letting him go but the type of ff production he has put up for the past four weeks is...QB 21, QB 16, QB 13, QB 19 (MNF pending).

Yup, the monster weeks of 2 & 3 are/were definitely skewing his 6 week stats. On the other hand, as we're all aware, seems like more often than not, when a thread like this shows up, the player is about due for a big week. 

From an article titled....... 

The Great Divide 

By Doug Orth | 10/20/22 |

Weekly QB Scoring
Rk Player 1 2 3 4 5 6 FPts FPts/G
1 Josh Allen 33.5 29.7 27.7 24.5 36.2 27.4 178.9 29.8
2 Lamar Jackson 21.2 42.6 40.4 15.1 15.8 18.1 153.2 25.5
3 Jalen Hurts 24.7 34.0 27.6 17.0 27.7 16.9 147.9 24.6
4 Patrick Mahomes 34.9 17.3 17.1 24.4 30.5 21.6 145.7 24.3
5 Joe Burrow 22.2 15.6 23.0 20.1 18.3 32.5 131.6 21.9
6 Jared Goff 16.5 26.0 14.9 33.2 7.9 B 98.5 19.7
7 Kyler Murray 19.6 25.9 13.4 23.9 17.2 16.9 116.8 19.5
8 Geno Smith 17.2 7.1 19.9 31.7 24.0 12.7 112.6 18.8
9 Justin Herbert 23.3 24.5 14.6 21.1 14.4 9.4 107.2 17.9
10 Tua Tagovailoa 14.8 40.9 11.4 3.4 DNP DNP 70.5 17.6

Here’s something I wouldn’t mind some input on.

I have a team that’s 12-2 and has Jackson at the helm. Deshaun Watson is sitting on waivers. Should I grab Watson and shop Jackson for a top position player? 

My thinking is that I’m about locked for the playoffs and can take a loss or two that will likely result from streaming. Is Watson too much of a risk?

He didn't have his guy Mark Andrews, they only threw the ball 16 times.  Gus stole 2 touchdowns.  They won.  LJax stats will be better.

3 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

I have a team that’s 12-2 and has Jackson at the helm. Deshaun Watson is sitting on waivers. Should I grab Watson and shop Jackson for a top position player? 

My thinking is that I’m about locked for the playoffs and can take a loss or two that will likely result from streaming. Is Watson too much of a risk?

hes not a bad guy to grab, but its risky to dump your starter.

its almost 2 years since the guy has played.  there is probably some rust to shake off before hes good for anything.  

he might be good right away, but it may also take up to a month to get fully on track.  

Your team is 12-2.  do you really need to take risks?    Let the others take risks trying to keep up with you.

if you have an expendable player to drop, sure go get him.   just dont drop anyone good

4 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

No.  But you can still stream , and win.