Kopy

Flex Seal

Anyone here ever use it. Did it actually work? The commercials make it seem like it's the greatest invention ever made.

I love the stuff. I somehow got a hole in the drum of my washing machine that was flooding my laundry room floor. 2 coats of FS and it has ran like a champ with no leaks for over 5 years now. One of the few infomerical products I have found that works exactly as advertised. 

14 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Anyone here ever use it. Did it actually work? The commercials make it seem like it's the greatest invention ever made.

Yup. Failed miserably. Had our drain pipe start leaking from the washing machine. Got the tape. Made the hole bigger and worse.

Not only did the tape cost me 15, but the plumper cost me an extra 485. Thanks Flex seal

I have never tried the tape, but the spray works. 

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The pipe was filthy and rusty (not the poster) I knew it wouldn't work. I guess I should have tried the spray. The hole was also in a really bad spot. Live and learn. Would try again

• Haha 1

Used on a small hole (size of a pencil lead) in a sprinkler line.  Used the spray as directed after draining the line and cleaning the surface.  Applied three coats with recommended drying time in between.  It held for a good 30 seconds before starting to balloon and then fail within a minute.  I ended up doing what I should have done in the first place, cutting out that small section and splicing in a new bit of line.  My splice job has held up for 8 years and counting.

I thought maybe it was the pressure in the line.  I thought maybe it would seal a leaky gutter.  I cleaned the surface, used the spray, and again it did not correct the problem.  It held through my test of using a hose to pour water on my roof for five minutes.  After the next storm, however, that gutter was leaking from the sealed spot.  I would not fall for the promise again.  Oh, I had some left over tar product for sealing cuts to trees.  I used that just to see how it would work as I waited for the gutter replacement guys to come out.  That product, not intended or advertised for thiat use held up completely through two storms. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Yup. Failed miserably. Had our drain pipe start leaking from the washing machine. Got the tape. Made the hole bigger and worse.

Not only did the tape cost me 15, but the plumper cost me an extra 485. Thanks Flex seal

Same.  tried to seal a pipe from my sump pump.   Didnt work at all.  Waste of $$

1 hour ago, edjr said:

The pipe was filthy and rusty (not the poster) I knew it wouldn't work. I guess I should have tried the spray. The hole was also in a really bad spot. Live and learn. Would try again

this post has Geek forearm written all over it.....

pipe

filthy ( any Eagle fan )

"wouldn't work" = half of the geeks here lol

spray = lube

"the hole was in a really bad spot" :D

live and learn

would = wood

I went out to the lake the other day and I found that the bottom on my row boat turned completely into a mesh screen. I slapped on some Flex Seal and in no time I was rowing the lake. Thank you Flex Seal!!

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I've used both.  The tape is sh1t.  Everywhere I tried the tape it failed.  I've used the spray on a gutter, fixed it perfectly.  Crack in driveway, fixed.  Cracked pvc drain pipe on furnace, fixed it no problem.  The spray is legit, but fock the tape.

Never tried it but I definitely would try the spray over the tape. Who thinks tape when they think flex seal?

I feel like gorilla tape would do a better job

Dammit guys. I knew you were gonna give me a mixed response. 

Down stairs shower. So that's the only thing that will flow through that pvc pipe. It's used once daily, so not overkill for drainage. Have a small crack in one section. 

Can't take any of the pipes apart. Everything is tight, and glued to high hell. Probably for about 30 years now also.

Was thinking. Use the spray. Put the tape around it. Then spray a couple times more. And for 30 bucks it's good. I wouldn't have to higher a plumber that charges me a 100 bucks just to show up and tell me how much he's gonna charge me to fix it.

4 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I love the stuff. I somehow got a hole in the drum of my washing machine that was flooding my laundry room floor. 2 coats of FS and it has ran like a champ with no leaks for over 5 years now. One of the few infomerical products I have found that works exactly as advertised. 

Similar story but a hole in my yacht.  Sh1t's the real deal.

17 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Dammit guys. I knew you were gonna give me a mixed response. 

Down stairs shower. So that's the only thing that will flow through that pvc pipe. It's used once daily, so not overkill for drainage. Have a small crack in one section. 

Can't take any of the pipes apart. Everything is tight, and glued to high hell. Probably for about 30 years now also.

Was thinking. Use the spray. Put the tape around it. Then spray a couple times more. And for 30 bucks it's good. I wouldn't have to higher a plumber that charges me a 100 bucks just to show up and tell me how much he's gonna charge me to fix it.

Similar problem, I did spray, then tape, and it still leaked.  I removed the tape, did spray, let it dry, spray again, and never a leak since.

8 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

Used on a small hole (size of a pencil lead) in a sprinkler line.  Used the spray as directed after draining the line and cleaning the surface.  Applied three coats with recommended drying time in between.  It held for a good 30 seconds before starting to balloon and then fail within a minute.  I ended up doing what I should have done in the first place, cutting out that small section and splicing in a new bit of line.  My splice job has held up for 8 years and counting.

I thought maybe it was the pressure in the line.  I thought maybe it would seal a leaky gutter.  I cleaned the surface, used the spray, and again it did not correct the problem.  It held through my test of using a hose to pour water on my roof for five minutes.  After the next storm, however, that gutter was leaking from the sealed spot.  I would not fall for the promise again.  Oh, I had some left over tar product for sealing cuts to trees.  I used that just to see how it would work as I waited for the gutter replacement guys to come out.  That product, not intended or advertised for thiat use held up completely through two storms. 

Flex seal only came out a few years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Flex seal only came out a few years ago. 

8 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

Used on a small hole (size of a pencil lead) in a sprinkler line.  Used the spray as directed after draining the line and cleaning the surface.  Applied three coats with recommended drying time in between.  It held for a good 30 seconds before starting to balloon and then fail within a minute.  

Are you saying it was Engorged??

• Like 1