Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Josh Jacobs Added to Injury Report

A team I’m playing against has him, it’s for a playoff position, so I’m sorry that Jacobs is hurt.  

48 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

First Mixon now this. No clue who to pick up. Maybe White?

Rachaad White would be a great fill-in, esp. in PPR leagues.

Lets pretend Jacobs is out long term. Is Zamir White worthy of a bench stash?  He got all the pre-season hype but has been a healthy scratch/inactive here recently.  Is he the #2 or is he the #4?

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Lake209 said:

Lets pretend Jacobs is out long term. Is Zamir White worthy of a bench stash?  He got all the pre-season hype but has been a healthy scratch/inactive here recently.  Is he the #2 or is he the #4?

You'd think that with all the hype around White this off-season, he'd have more than 8 carries.  Interestingly enough, one of those carries is for 22 yards.  Why is that interesting?  Because he only has 19 yards.  His other 7 carries are for -3 yards.  LOL

I don't care what RB he is on their depth chart, I'm not opening up a roster spot for him.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lake209 said:

I’m not so sure it’s going to be long term, but of we pretend, I’m not sure White would be the best option available in your league, who else at rb would be available, if we pretend. 

Throwing darts at bench stashes, weepaws. Would you rather stash Hillard (knowing Henry is currently healthy) - or - would you stash ZWhite on the chance Jacobs is out for the next 2 weeks?

I would agree with Hilliard. 

I think he busted a nut on that 86yd TD in OT.  Make sure and monitor the injury report for next week. 

2 hours ago, DonS said:

I think he busted a nut on that 86yd TD in OT.  Make sure and monitor the injury report for next week. 

I hope his calf is bothering him next week as well :)

His best season to date, and a contract year mmm. He’s going to make a lot of money soon. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

His best season to date, and a contract year mmm. He’s going to make a lot of money soon. 

I gotta say, I love when you have good players in contract years.  almost always a good buy in fantasy.

I called this before the season began.  I knew hed be good. but hes even exceeded my expectations.   This is fantastic.   In all leagues I drafted/paid at auction a small premium to be my RB3 and hes been far better than that.  I certainly got my moneys worth on this one.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I gotta say, I love when you have good players in contract years.  almost always a good buy in fantasy.

I called this before the season began.  I knew hed be good. but hes even exceeded my expectations.   This is fantastic.   In all leagues I drafted/paid at auction a small premium to be my RB3 and hes been far better than that.  I certainly got my moneys worth on this one.

You did call this before the season.  

On 11/28/2022 at 1:44 PM, weepaws said:

You did call this before the season.  

I did.  took a fair bit of heat for it too. 

but you know the old saying... no guts no glory.   you rarely win pools by doing everything the experts tell you.

in a lot of cases the experts are right, but in some cases there is a wide margin of error in some of the projections and those are the players that can win you drafts.

• Like 1

Or lose ones draft, I think of N Harris, and people that took Taylor over Henry with their first pick. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Or lose ones draft, I think of N Harris, and people that took Taylor over Henry with their first pick. 

well Taylor didnt seem like a bad call,   Naj I had concerns about his production with a rookie at QB.    Even if hes better than Rothlisberger, I figured teams would play to stop the run and take their chances that the rookie wasnt good enough to beat them.

and it has been from what I have seen a fairly conservative offense at times which totally plays into that defensive strategy.

Another outstanding game from Jacobs.  

Oh my soul right, when he’s questionable start him.