Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Anyone rolling the dice on Jameson Williams this week?

Limited snap count but could be a good gamble. Wondering if anyone else is considering starting him.

I've got Mack Hollins, Deebo, JuJu. Considering starting him over Hollins as a high risk/reward play.

LOLOL. They're using him as a "gunner" on special teams.  Detroit continues to be dunces

On 12/4/2022 at 1:48 PM, BufordT said:

LOLOL. They're using him as a "gunner" on special teams.  Detroit continues to be dunces

maybe they want him getting some action while not actually having to cut on passing routes? let him use his straight line speed? He is coming back from a torn ACL, after all... and the Lions don't really need him to make an impact right now. They are capable of scoring without him and he would not put them over any sort of hump for this season.

then again, they could have simply trotted him out there for a dozen deep balls. Although everyone knows what a gunner is going to do, if you put him on offense and the D knows he's only running straight downfield, you've instantly hampered your offense. 

:dunno:

The coach said that he just wanted him to get a little time in game action, get his legs under him.

Each week I would expect his role to increase, as long as he feels good.

I am in a TD only league that I may soon take a chance on using him...just because it only takes one play in that league.   

On 12/4/2022 at 11:05 AM, IMMensaMind said:

My other WRs are Metcalf, AJ Brown and Lazard. I can't start him over any of them.

You should be open to starting anyone over Lazard.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:22 AM, DEEZNUTS said:

I've got Mack Hollins, Deebo, JuJu. Considering starting him over Hollins as a high risk/reward play.

I'd start him over Hollins if he's actually going to play and be part of the game plan.

I should have started him this week apparently

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I should have started him this week apparently

He's on my bench.  TD was nice but not sure what his targets were aside from that one reception. 

Two targets, big time big play maker,, if one owns him in keeper league congrats. 

On 12/6/2022 at 10:48 PM, WhiteWonder said:

maybe they want him getting some action while not actually having to cut on passing routes? let him use his straight line speed? He is coming back from a torn ACL, after all... and the Lions don't really need him to make an impact right now. They are capable of scoring without him and he would not put them over any sort of hump for this season.

then again, they could have simply trotted him out there for a dozen deep balls. Although everyone knows what a gunner is going to do, if you put him on offense and the D knows he's only running straight downfield, you've instantly hampered your offense. 

:dunno:

I would think hed be ok on crossing routes as well.    I know because of the knee his cutting ability wont be as good but once crossing the field his speed should make up for that.