Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Joe Rogan ***The Thread***

This thread is dedicated to all short snippets of Joe Rogan moments.  His podcast is long and time consuming but let’s use this thread as a “best of”.

I’ll go first; found this very informative.

• Thanks 1

I can't stand Rogan.  He's basically Art Bell but can't call BS on the liars.  Marginally better than Noory.

I love the segments when he has Theo Vaughn on the show. 

11 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Mo's son?

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Mo's son?

Could be

Just now, TimHauck said:

He is a good interviewer 

Solid. Love his style. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Going to see Theo next month.

JR seems like a good guy but kind of an idiot. His podcast also badly needs an editor. Every interview is 3 focking hours.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MDC said:

JR seems like a good guy but kind of an idiot. His podcast also badly needs an editor. Every interview is 3 focking hours.

That has to be the reason his pod is so unsuccessful.   

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It’s the reason I rarely listen to it. :dunno: 

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

It’s the reason I rarely listen to it. :dunno: 

Fair enough.   But you called him an idiot and said he needs better editing.   So easy to assume you weren't just speaking from your point of view.  

I jumped in during the double digit episodes and was a JRE fan for a long time.  Sort of jumped off a handful of years ago.    

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Fair enough.   But you called him an idiot and said he needs better editing.   So easy to assume you weren't just speaking from your point of view.  

You assumed wrong. :dunno: 

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

He is a good interviewer 

hes not.  he doesnt ask tough questions.  he just hypes things up and goes "wow!"

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

rogan is in a niche where there arent any good interviewers.  so i see him as a fad and pretty soon someone else will come along and actually ask tough questions in the same space and thus create a vastly more compelling show and rogan will drop off the map.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

rogan is in a niche where there arent any good interviewers.  so i see him as a fad and pretty soon someone else will come along and actually ask tough questions in the same space and thus create a vastly more compelling show and rogan will drop off the map.

Is this a prediction?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

Oh probably.   I wouldn't call it a fad though.   He has been doing well with it for quite some time now even as the podcast game changed and became more competitive.  

He started a show with a bunch of comedians sitting around smoking weed and talking about farts.. aliens.  He now and has for some time captured a much different audience.   It is quite impressive actually.   If it were not for the UFC taking off then he probably is no where near he is now.  But for a C level entertainment guy to get the most out of his squeeze...pretty impressive.   

I don't watch much now so maybe the shows are becoming tired and dull.   I wouldn't know.  

The greatest orator in this field today is Sean David Morton.  He's so damn good that he scammed people into giving him his money and went to prison for it, and drove many others to hate his guts, draws crazy crowds at events and headlines every event he is at.  But he's way too out of control to ever really run a talk show.  True wild child.  But if you can understand its all a scam he is highly entertaining. 

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Fads usually don't last 13 years and still be at the top of the mountain.  I say this as someone who's never listened to more than a 2 minute excerpt of his podcast. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Fads usually don't last 13 years and still be at the top of the mountain.  I say this as someone who's never listened to more than a 2 minute excerpt of his podcast. 

if the field sucks, they can for sure.

39 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Oh probably.   I wouldn't call it a fad though.   He has been doing well with it for quite some time now even as the podcast game changed and became more competitive.  

He started a show with a bunch of comedians sitting around smoking weed and talking about farts.. aliens.  He now and has for some time captured a much different audience.   It is quite impressive actually.   If it were not for the UFC taking off then he probably is no where near he is now.  But for a C level entertainment guy to get the most out of his squeeze...pretty impressive.   

I don't watch much now so maybe the shows are becoming tired and dull.   I wouldn't know.  

He's still a successful stand up comedian, which is where he came from.  He also hosted Fear Factor.  I suspect he would have continued getting Hollywood gigs after Fear Factor if he wasn't doing all these other things.  He's more than C level entertainment guy.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

if the field sucks, they can for sure.

LOL  But "pretty soon", any day now, someone better will come along.   😂

Listen to me bud, Rogan is the podcaster of the decade.  No, the century!!!!

1 minute ago, Strike said:

The only thing that can stop him is injuries. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

you CAN have barren periods where there is no "great" in a field.  Were in that now.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

you CAN have barren periods where there is no "great" in a field.  Were in that now.

Apparently we have been for 13 years. 

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Its the opposite of a barren period, there's more competition now than ever... Not a huge Rogan fan but he is undeniably the GOAT podcaster.  And it's funny when he makes bear noises.

ill upload sean david mortons radio show where he details everything that went down between him and art bell.  ill throw in SDMs typical 5 minute intro as well.

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

He's still a successful stand up comedian, which is where he came from.  He also hosted Fear Factor.  I suspect he would have continued getting Hollywood gigs after Fear Factor if he wasn't doing all these other things.  He's more than C level entertainment guy.

He was a C level guy.  His comedy has survived because of the ufc and his pod.  Fear factor he is known "bigly" for I suppose.  But it is a game show.  

Depends what your scale is.  If the UFC were never a thing he is still a club comedian.  Doesn't mean he isn't talented and knows how to make it.  Just means he got some chances and fully used them.  

Now he is a A+ level entertainer.

But back before big rise.  Even on fear factor....he was rather C level.  Maybe B if your scale is more generous.   I would love to see what views those early JREs had a month after upload.   

oh nvm, im uploading the art bell vs sean david morton war episode to that site right now

What exactly is your point in doing so? 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

What exactly is your point in doing so? 

im showing you what great talk sounds like as opposed to rogan.  i mean morton is fun as hell.  but either one, morton or art bell, are miles ahead of rogan.

im showing you what great talk sounds like as opposed to rogan.  i mean morton is fun as hell.

LOL  As if you listen to Rogan.  I mean I don't, but not because I don't think his show is good.  My GF loves him, as do other people I know.  Did it ever occur to you that the reason people enjoy his show is because he's real - he doesn't try to act like some expert.  His show is just a shoot the breeze discussion.  He didn't expect it to be this big.  It just worked out that way, and when things just work out a certain way there's usually a reason.   Spotify paid him $100 million dollars.  They seem alright with that investment.  You posting a single episode of someone else I've never heard of doesn't prove anything regarding Rogan or his show.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

LOL  As if you listen to Rogan.  I mean I don't, but not because I don't think his show is good.  My GF loves him, as do other people I know.  Did it ever occur to you that the reason people enjoy his show is because he's real - he doesn't try to act like some expert.  His show is just a shoot the breeze discussion.  He didn't expect it to be this big.  It just worked out that way, and when things just work out a certain way there's usually a reason.   Spotify paid him $100 million dollars.  They seem alright with that investment.

i already explained why he could have a big audience and be mediocre.  its because there is a lack of talent in the field right now.  but its undeniable that he lacks talent.  he puts whackjobs on his show and gives them the floor and doesnt challenge them.  you cant just ignore that.  its been a while since there has been a true talent in the field, so i can imagine people might love him but they've never heard a true talented host.  if all you've known is bologna, you dont know how good steak is.

i mean right now the field is Joe Rogan and George Noory.  Rogan looks like a god in that matchup.

Just now, Strike said:

LOL  As if you listen to Rogan.  I mean I don't, but not because I don't think his show is good.  My GF loves him, as do other people I know.  Did it ever occur to you that the reason people enjoy his show is because he's real - he doesn't try to act like some expert.  His show is just a shoot the breeze discussion.  He didn't expect it to be this big.  It just worked out that way, and when things just work out a certain way there's usually a reason.   Spotify paid him $100 million dollars.  They seem alright with that investment.

I dont mind justin having his guys.

I just dont think anyone is claiming Rogan is some brilliant interviewer/talk host.  He is just wildly successful.   He has adapted and brought in this niche that everyone now craves.  So I don't know what he is disputing other than just sharing.  Which is cool by me. 

I would have to listen to compare which I will not right now.  I am not a podcast connoisseur.   I just sort of grew up with early rogan and find some of his guests interesting.   Which he has had a wide variety of.  To me that is the main appeal and why he is successful.