Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Gallup: Americans trust in the press is at a record low

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

With technology now, a network no longer needs a provider like DirecTV or Dish.  It can be made available for everyone in numerous ways.

that might be an angle democrats pursue in defense but im not sure it will work.  the Court is 6-3 republican. 

Just now, JustinCharge said:

one of the fascinating things about hate watch channels on youtube is that a LOT of them are minorities.  a lot of young blacks too.  they mock the hell out of woke content.  the country is becoming less white but also these minorities are turning republican.  media doesnt know how to cater to that. 

I'm not saying you're incorrect but where do those statistics come from and do you know they are accurate?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not saying you're incorrect but where do those statistics come from and do you know they are accurate?

i literally just posted the stats on blacks shifting republican in another thread an hour ago or so.   young blacks especially are turning.  the democrat party is screwed.  i feel confident in saying new york will turn red in a few more election cycles.  with blacks turning republican, its completely understandable to me why the democrats want to fine alex jones $1.5 billion, throw trump in jail, call 1/6 a murderous riot, and basically try to destroy the constitution.  they need to paint the GOP as totally evil to try to slow down the shift.

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Here we have IMO one of the main reasons for the distrust. 

Don Lemon isn’t a reporter. He’s an opinion guy, a commentator. Same for Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow. Most of the public is confused by this. To add to their confusion, all three of the people I mentioned sometimes refer to themselves as reporters or journalists. And they’re just not. 

Would you have made your same sarcastic comment about Wolf Blitzer or Andrea Mitchell? I doubt it. 

Actually yes considering there’s a clip a few above yours of Andrea Mitchell flat out lying about DeSantis. Also, Anna Paulina Luna just destroyed the WaPo who are a completely discredited Deep State propaganda mouthpiece.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

i literally just posted the stats on blacks shifting republican in another thread an hour ago or so.   young blacks especially are turning.  the democrat party is screwed.  i feel confident in saying new york will turn red in a few more election cycles.

I'd be fine with the democrat party going away.

18 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

i literally just posted the stats on blacks shifting republican in another thread an hour ago or so.   young blacks especially are turning.  the democrat party is screwed.  i feel confident in saying new york will turn red in a few more election cycles. 

At least this fantasy doesn’t end with nuclear Armageddon. 👍🏼

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Actually yes considering there’s a clip a few above yours of Andrea Mitchell flat out lying about DeSantis. Also, Anna Paulina Luna just destroyed the WaPo who are a completely discredited Deep State propaganda mouthpiece.

I’ll repost it for @The Real timschochet so he can see Andrea in action

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

Ultimately, I think the government will step in. 

The Bill of Rights guarantees freedom of the press.  If it is determined that the democrat party and by extension the government (when the democrats run it) has captured the press, then it is violating freedom of the press.  Anti-monopoly measures need to be instituted to break that up, to ensure groups from other political parties are more fairly represented in all media.

thats kinda already begun with Trump reassigning seating in the press room when he fields questions.

The Bill of Rights is only as good as those who protect it.  It is not just the Democrats who support and defend the mainstream media, but it is the establishment Republican types who go along with it.  The rich elite who largely control the rogue aspect of our government and by extension the media, have a stronghold on both parties, so no matter who is in charge they have enough influence to ensure that the radicals on either side do not disrupt their grip on power.  As long as the establishment can keep the hard right and hard left as minority fragments of around 25%, nothing meaningful can be accomplished which will impact their grip on power of the media, internet, universities, education, military, energy and health industries. 

It is those in the middle who generally trust the propaganda being fed to them, who will serve to perpetuate the shadow government of the elite.  As long as we have agencies like the CIA-FBI-NSA-Homeland Security which are above the law and can hide behind the blanket of national security and avoid answering questions and being held accountable by our elected members of Congress, the BIll of Rights can be circumvented especially when these agencies collude with big corporations to do their bidding for them.  This is exactly what happened when the government used Big Tech and destroyed first Amendment rights of thousands of Americans to sway the election for Joe Biden.   

26 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I’ll repost it for @The Real timschochet so he can see Andrea in action

It is funny how people can actually believe paid government employees when working for the government to provide education for our children have first Amendment rights.  The leftists are such pros at manipulating rhetoric, that you don't realize everything they say is completely ass-backwards.  It is the government who cannot infringe on the rights of the citizens.  The people have every right to control what their paid government workers do in their official role as teachers.  People like Andrea Mitchell get their multi-million dollar jobs by proving they will be loyal tools for the elitists.  A perfect example of why no one should trust these bastards we call the mainstream media.  

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Her interpretation of what DeSantis wants is much more accurate than yours IMO. 

Answers like this is why you get steamrolled in this forum so much.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

The Bill of Rights is only as good as those who protect it.  It is not just the Democrats who support and defend the mainstream media, but it is the establishment Republican types who go along with it.  The rich elite who largely control the rogue aspect of our government and by extension the media, have a stronghold on both parties, so no matter who is in charge they have enough influence to ensure that the radicals on either side do not disrupt their grip on power.  As long as the establishment can keep the hard right and hard left as minority fragments of around 25%, nothing meaningful can be accomplished which will impact their grip on power of the media, internet, universities, education, military, energy and health industries. 

It is those in the middle who generally trust the propaganda being fed to them, who will serve to perpetuate the shadow government of the elite.  As long as we have agencies like the CIA-FBI-NSA-Homeland Security which are above the law and can hide behind the blanket of national security and avoid answering questions and being held accountable by our elected members of Congress, the BIll of Rights can be circumvented especially when these agencies collude with big corporations to do their bidding for them.  This is exactly what happened when the government used Big Tech and destroyed first Amendment rights of thousands of Americans to sway the election for Joe Biden.   

No I think we're in a new era that began when Barrett replaced Ginsburg.  We now have a 6-3 conservative court.  It has changed abortion.  I think going forward, we should look at where the collective anger of the GOP is because they are now operating under the premise that the end game is taking issues to the Court and pushing America to the right.  A great candidate is the press.  There is collective anger at at&t for dropping Newsmax.  I think there is a good chance the reason for this is they are all thinking they will use that act as a weapon to break up the liberal MSM via the Supreme Court. 

I mean, that should be the focus of the GOP now  Pick legal fights, get things in front of the Court, and change America. 

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

No I think we're in a new era that began when Barrett replaced Ginsburg.  We now have a 6-3 conservative court.  It has changed abortion.  I think going forward, we should look at where the collective anger of the GOP is because they are now operating under the premise that the end game is taking issues to the Court and pushing America to the right.  A great candidate is the press.  There is collective anger at at&t for dropping Newsmax.  I think there is a good chance the reason for this is they are all thinking they will use that act as a weapon to break up the liberal MSM via the Supreme Court. 

I mean, that should be the focus of the GOP now  Pick legal fights, get things in front of the Court, and change America. 

I hope you are right, but I think you underestimate the grip our intelligence agencies have over the government.   The Supreme Court will be intimidated and will keep them from radical changes.   Roberts is a big government wimp who will not disrupt things.  

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

There is collective anger at at&t for dropping Newsmax.

DirecTV dropped Newsmax because they couldn't agree on a new contract.  This happens with different networks every year.  Newsmax decided to turn it into a political issue in order to get make the story bigger than it is.  AT&T has done nothing wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

DirecTV dropped Newsmax because they couldn't agree on a new contract.  This happens with different networks every year.  Newsmax decided to turn it into a political issue in order to get make the story bigger than it is.  AT&T has done nothing wrong.

you arent the arbiter on if at&t did anything wrong.  that would be the courts.

4 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

you arent the arbiter on if at&t did anything wrong.  that would be the courts.

I'm using my knowledge of how these network and provider disputes work.  This is nothing new, it's just Newsmax making it a bigger deal because that's what they are good at.  They are pandering to their base.  There is no law that I'm aware of that states a provider is required to carry a network when they are in a contract dispute.

Wow. Andrea Mitchell is a disgusting person. Hard to believe she did that with a straight face. She’s on the same level as the hags on the View now.   I once thought her and Leslie Stahl had some integrity. They have none. 

Some of the claims in this thread have me rolling. I notice that none of our resident experts on the diabolical MSM, who can't stop feverishly claiming that none of it can be trusted, never seem to disclose their preferred news orgs. Why might that be?

29 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Some of the claims in this thread have me rolling. I notice that none of our resident experts on the diabolical MSM, who can't stop feverishly claiming that none of it can be trusted, never seem to disclose their preferred news orgs. Why might that be?

Because there are none.  There are finge source which get a lot of stuff right, but then they also get duped a lot because they lack resources.  The major media which has vast resources and inside connections are in bed with the government.

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Because there are none.  There are finge source which get a lot of stuff right, but then they also get duped a lot because they lack resources.  The major media which has vast resources and inside connections are in bed with the government.

Even foreign ones like BBC?  

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

We get the facts from independent journalists. 

11 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

We get the facts from independent journalists. 

A.K.A  random idiots on Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, etc.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

A.K.A  random idiots on Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, etc.. 

If you think people like Aaron Mate, Matt Taibbi, Krystal Ball, Saagar Anjeti, Ben Weingarten, Max Blumenthal, Ann Garrison etc. are random idiots on TikTok then you’re more retarded than I thought you were. 

10 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

If you think people like Aaron Mate, Matt Taibbi, Krystal Ball, Saagar Anjeti, Ben Weingarten, Max Blumenthal, Ann Garrison etc. are random idiots on TikTok then you’re more retarded than I thought you were. 

The next time I see links to anything close to those people around these parts will be the first time I see a link like that around these parts.   

It's also interesting when posters list people like that, but all their posts read like right wing nut jobs.   There is a wee bit of disconnect going on somewhere.  

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

The next time I see links to anything close to those people around these parts will be the first time I see a link like that around these parts.   

It's also interesting when posters list people like that, but all their posts read like right wing nut jobs.   There is a wee bit of disconnect going on somewhere.  

Sure thing you go with nobody has linked people like Matt Taibbi and Aaron Mate. 

10 hours ago, dogcows said:

Every time I see results from a poll like this, I am reminded that most people are idiots. Especially ones who pick up their phone to answer an unknown caller.

I saw another recent poll that 1/3 of people still believe the 2020 election was decided by widespread fraud. Doofuses.

True.  The fraud wasn’t widespread. Those people have it wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Sure thing you go with nobody has linked people like Matt Taibbi and Aaron Mate. 

...that I have seen.   I will keep my eyes peeled now though.  

To be fair, craftsman probably accounts for 90% of the Fox links.  

2 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

Even foreign ones like BBC?  

They are better than US media, but they are still tied into British government-industrial establishment and I would not consider them a truly independent source.  

The media today are nothing but mouthpieces for the party they cater to.  And that’s fine, because anyone with half a brain knows of their bias.  That’s not the problem.

The problem with the media today is that they overwhelmingly side with Liberals/Democrats.  That is a big problem, and there doesn’t seem to be a good solution for it.  As Tim would say, “it’s systemic”.  Journalism schools are dominated by Liberals and that isn’t changing anytime soon.

It’s the same story with the educational system, entertainment industry, Civil Service, and now the DOJ.  They don’t represent the makeup of America, which is 50/50.  A lot of Conservatives have given up hope that this can be resolved through the political process.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they start resorting to other means.

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

The media today are nothing but mouthpieces for the party they cater to.  And that’s fine, because anyone with half a brain knows of their bias.  That’s not the problem.

The problem with the media today is that they overwhelmingly side with Liberals/Democrats.  That is a big problem, and there doesn’t seem to be a good solution for it.  As Tim would say, “it’s systemic”.  Journalism schools are dominated by Liberals and that isn’t changing anytime soon.

It’s the same story with the educational system, entertainment industry, Civil Service, and now the DOJ.  They don’t represent the makeup of America, which is 50/50.  A lot of Conservatives have given up hope that this can be resolved through the political process.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they start resorting to other means.

The problem is the media and education take over was not a random event.  It was decades of effort by the CIA, know as Project Mockinbird, which the CIA infiltrated the media and took it over and made it their propaganda machine to control public opinion.  

3 hours ago, Fnord said:

I don’t have one. I try to read various opinions and form my own based on that info. 

4 hours ago, Fnord said:

the MSM might alert me to a issue, but I don't trust what they tell me at face value.  I might do research on the topic from there though.  Often I research it asking myself "what did the MSM leave out?"  There is no source I go to that I just trust though so the nature of your question is wrong.

Someone like yourself, I assume you read something in the New York Times and that's all the "research" you need.

21 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

the MSM might alert me to a issue, but I don't trust what they tell me at face value.  I might do research on the topic from there though.  Often I research it asking myself "what did the MSM leave out?"  There is no source I go to that I just trust though so the nature of your question is wrong.

Someone like yourself, I assume you read something in the New York Times and that's all the "research" you need.

I do read the NYT. And I recognize that there is some inherent bias. But it's nowhere near what many of you think it is. Fox as a news org is actually decent, although somewhat biased like the NYT. I look to lots of different sources for my news. The key, for me anyway, is that I'm READING it. It's much easier to identify even slight bias in a written story. Video is becoming less trustworthy by the day, and plenty of organizations from across the political spectrum will deceptively edit it. Unfortunately we Americans are such slaves to devices and instant gratification that memes and snappy videos are all that our collective attention span seem to be able to handle these days, so that's what we get, in abundance. Cable news should just not be consumed by anyone, ever. Especially the primetime opinion shows.