Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Apparently pre-pubescent pedophilia is ok as long as you don't give the victim quaaludes beforehand

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Then my advice to you is to stick to that - it's rape.       

No need for all this was it really rape or just rape-light type of rabbit hole after that.  Like I said, for some reason you used an extreme example and and came off as though you were saying that wasn't the or a bad part of the the situation, it was the drugs.    For some odd reason most people aren't interested in those types of fuzzy distinctions when 13year olds and younger are being talked about.  You know, because sex with kids that young is wrong and rape.  

For some reason? You know the reason. Quacks like a duck.  

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Sigh. I didn’t mean to return to this thread but here I am, because people apparently misunderstood what I wrote- again. I never wrote that the only thing Polanski did wrong was to give the girl quaaludes. I was making a comparison between Polanski and Jimmy Page. By giving the girl Quaaludes, Polanski committed rape. If he hadn’t done that, then it would have been analogous to the Jimmy Page situation- not rape but STILL WRONG, still deserving of punishment. I would not be OK with this under any circumstances. 

The problem is your words contradict you.  Let me repost the relevant part of the quote:

The problem with the Polanski incident, which I failed to recognize when I commented on it years ago, was not that it was pre-pubescent pedophilia, but that he gave her quaaludes beforehand

You can't sugarcoat these words.  We didn't "misunderstand" you.  YOU posted it and the meaning is clear.   You literally did write the bolded.  It's weird having people say they didn't say certain things when their words literally say it.  I'd say you should be a politician but you'd fock that up too.

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He called a 13 year old that was raped promiscuous. Disgusting and is worthy of a severe  ass kicking. 

Yeah, but she had the body of a 20 year old!!!!!  That makes it ok.

11 hours ago, Horseman said:

Cute, but you really need to read the whole thread maybe before commenting? You're in the camp with a guy that's made these statements.

Any one of those said out load makes you sound like you have, thought about or want to have sex with a teenager.   HTH

Nope.  Maybe you need to work on reading comprehension.  I am in camp with the single assertion that even heineous acts have relative levels.

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Sigh. I didn’t mean to return to this thread but here I am, because people apparently misunderstood what I wrote- again. I never wrote that the only thing Polanski did wrong was to give the girl quaaludes. I was making a comparison between Polanski and Jimmy Page. By giving the girl Quaaludes, Polanski committed rape. If he hadn’t done that, then it would have been analogous to the Jimmy Page situation- not rape but STILL WRONG, still deserving of punishment. I would not be OK with this under any circumstances. 

Here is where I de-camp.  The rape was facilitated by the drugs, sure, as a factual matter, but it was also facilitated by power, isolation, and alcohol, not to mention the inherent immaturity of a 13 year old star struck girl.  Still rape.

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Here is where I de-camp.  The rape was facilitated by the drugs, sure, as a factual matter, but it was also facilitated by power, isolation, and alcohol, not to mention the inherent immaturity of a 13 year old star struck girl.  Still rape.

The better thing would be if you just said nothing.  Your attempted defense of Tim failed.  This kind of mealy-mouthed, "I condemn _________, but you know ____________ has a point" is unconvincing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

The better thing would be if you just said nothing.  Your attempted defense of Tim failed.  This kind of mealy-mouthed, "I condemn _________, but you know ____________ has a point" is unconvincing.

It was not a defense of Tim. It was a defense of a single proposition Tim had made, that there are levels of severity.  A pretty simple proposition, really. 

You find me mealy-mouthed.  I find you unable to appreciate non-subtle nuance.  I am confident we will bioth survive the assessment of the other.

Went back and refreshed my memory.  it was Angelica Huston who tried to check on the welfare of the young girl during the rape, not a Redgrave.  Sotty, memory failed after so many decades.

I've been reading up on Jimmy Page to find out more before I assign him to the Michael Jackson disrespected celebrity status ... it ain't pretty. This stuff seems well founded. I know many Rock and Roll bands have shady stories and access to extremely willing groupies.

I hadn't paid enough attention to know how egregious Jimmy Page was in that mess. The band was before my time, I'd only really got into them in the Army.

I was happier being ignorant two days ago and loving Jimmy Page. :(

18 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

It was not a defense of Tim. It was a defense of a signle proposition Tim had made, that there are levels of severity.  i pretty simple proposition, really. 

You find me mealy-mouthed.  I find you unable to appreciate non-subtle nuance.  I am confident we will bioth survive the assessment of the other.

That's because you are mealy-mouthed and you keep going and going.  The subject isn't one where you try to explore some kind of nuance, vis a vis, physical development of the victim, use of drugs or forceful vs non-forceful action.  You don't seem to understand that.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

That's because you are mealy-mouthed and you keep going and going.  The subject isn't one where you try to explore some kind of nuance, vis a vis, physical development of the victim, use of drugs or forceful vs non-forceful action.  You don't seem to understand that.

That you assert my position inaccurately does not make something my position.  Nuance, its not for everyone.  Clearly not for you.

8 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

That you assert my position inaccurately does not make something my position.  Nuance, its not for everyone.  Clearly not for you.

Oh right, now I'm misquoting you, or I can't understand what you're saying, Professor?  Just shut up.  Like I said, there's no real nuance to explore here.

1 minute ago, Casual Observer said:

Oh right, now I'm misquoting you, or I can't understand what you're saying, Professor?  Just shut up.  Like I said, there's no real nuance to explore here.

Were you quoting me there would be no dispute.  That you are summarizing me and asserting your inaccurate summary as my position so that you can then assail that position is the dispute.

And yes, compared to you I am a Professor and you, well you need to get to class. 

They love saying nuance. Yet they say in the end it’s still wrong. So what’s the point of the nuance? Are you making a case that it’s not as bad? Then I guess you’re saying they shouldn’t be punished to the same degree, based on the nuance of the situation?  If you’re not saying that then Stfu about the “nuance”.  It has no bearing. 

49 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Were you quoting me there would be no dispute.  That you are summarizing me and asserting your inaccurate summary as my position so that you can then assail that position is the dispute.

And yes, compared to you I am a Professor and you, well you need to get to class. 

We get it, you want lesser crimes the older the kid is.  You find them more attractive once they start to bleed. Some of us would see sick foks like you hanged whether they were 13 or 7 so keep your foking hands off the kids. Comprende grandpa? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They love saying nuance. Yet they say in the end it’s still wrong. So what’s the point of the nuance? Are you making a case that it’s not as bad? Then I guess you’re saying they shouldn’t be punished to the same degree, based on the nuance of the situation?  If you’re not saying that then Stfu about the “nuance”.  It has no bearing. 

What's the saying...strange hill to die on? This has got to be the strangest. 

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

We get it, you want lesser crimes the older the kid is.  You find them more attractive once they start to bleed. Some of us would see sick foks like you hanged whether they were 13 or 7 so keep your foking hands off the kids. Comprende grandpa? 

Yup. Oh, there’s nuance to the situation.  Thanks for enlightening us. Now what? What bearing does the nuance have on how the perpetrators are to be treated ? 

Just now, Horseman said:

We get it, you want lesser crimes the older the kid is.  You find them attractive once they start to bleed. Some of us would see sick foks like you hanged whether they were 13 or 7 so keep your foking hands off the kids. Comprende grandpa? 

Oh I understand you quite well for the unnuanced person you are.  Thanks for deliberately misstating my easily understood position so as to avoid having to think and instead moving right to your now tiresome rants.  Too bad for you that passion and persistence are not the equal of intellect.  

By the way, I have long supported the mainstreaming of folks like you.

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Oh I understand you quite well for the unnuanced person you are.  Thanks for deliberately misstating my easily understood position so as to avoid having to think and instead moving right to your now tiresome rants.  Too bad for you that passion and persistence are not the equal of intellect.  

So what do we derive from understanding the nuance? Come on professor, you’ve come this far, bring it home. 

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

That you assert my position inaccurately does not make something my position.

And this is the geek club in a nutshell.  Too many people here love to assert others positions, take their words, frequently out of context, and twist them to make the person look bad, and not allow any kind of conversation/back and forth/learning to take place.  And it's always the same people.  Makes you think they just want to be all the time.

11 hours ago, Voltaire said:

--------------

Anyway, here's a compilation across many threads of why a large number people find you sick and disturbing. I don't have time to do sh*t like this anymore.

Well I applaud the effort, and I have a better understanding of why you would think that I defend pedos.  Despite the fact that I am stating right now, that I do not defend pedos, you still think that I do, because I defend people that you think are pedos.

I openly defend trannies.  You think trannies are pedos.  Therefore in your mind, using the TRANSitive property, you think I defend pedos.

Well, there is nothing I can do about that, but let's just be clear, this is all your opinion here, and of course you have the right to your opinion, however misguided that opinion may be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So what do we derive from understanding the nuance? Come on professor, you’ve come this far, bring it home. 

If the "we" in your question is you, Casual Observer, and Horseman you derive nothing.  My position was meant to reach those capable of understanding.  It has no value to those incapable of thought.  Go on being loud, passionate and prolific.  The internet encourages such.  It gives a platform for some.  Enjoy your platform.  Even go on and imagine your insistence equates to correctness.  I take value from your affirming my beliefs about internet discussion.  I am even amused.  

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

And this is the geek club in a nutshell.  Too many people here love to assert others positions, take their words, frequently out of context, and twist them to make the person look bad, and not allow any kind of conversation/back and forth/learning to take place.  And it's always the same people.  Makes you think they just want to be all the time.

He introduced the “nuance” of the situation. Right minded people don’t make distinctions when it comes to crimes like this. What’s the point? You guys would make great defense lawyers. “Your honor, while we acknowledge my client did rape a 13 year old, it’s not like she was 7”.  Thats exactly what’s being brought forth here. Some rape isn’t as bad. GTFO.  

1 hour ago, Casual Observer said:

The better thing would be if you just said nothing. 

I guess this is what you guys want, right?  You don't want conversation, or the sharing of ideas, you just want the same opinion shared across everyone, and if anyone dares to differ, then they get called every name in the book.  That's what this board has devolved into.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He introduced the “nuance” of the situation. Right minded people don’t make distinctions when it comes to crimes like this. What’s the point? You guys would make great defense lawyers. “Your honor, while we acknowledge my client did rape a 13 year old, it’s not like she was 7”.  Thats exactly what’s being brought forth here. Some rape isn’t as bad. GTFO.  

Or maybe I would make a good prosecutor for the rape of a 7 year old.

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

If the "we" in your question is you, Casual Observer, and Horseman you derive nothing.  My position was meant to reach those capable of understanding.  It has no value to those incapable of thought.  Go on being loud, passionate and prolific.  The internet encourages such.  It gives a platform for some.  Enjoy your platform.  Even go on and imagine your insistence equates to correctness.  I take value from your affirming my beliefs about internet discussion.  I am even amused.  

Sure. You’re asking us to understand the nuance. Mission accomplished.  Now what? You stating there is nuance, and we should acknowledge it, I assume in order to gain a better understanding of the situation, leads to what conclusion, once we have factored in the nuance you have brought to light? Should be easy enough to answer. If you can’t, or won’t, then what’s the point in bringing it up? 

21 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You find them more attractive once they start to bleed. 

Man this is a focked up thing to say, you're disgusting man.

You guys always push sh1t too far.  I should have been out yesterday but now I'm really out.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sure. You’re asking us to understand the nuance. Mission accomplished.  Now what? You stating there is nuance, and we should acknowledge it, I assume in order to gain a better understanding of the situation, leads to what conclusion, once we have factored in the nuance you have brought to light? Should be easy enough to answer. If you can’t, or won’t, then what’s the point in bringing it up? 

The point was to focus on what Tim had written, not how it was taken out of context.  Still plenty of room to have taken issue with his position, as I did, on his actual position, not on the straw man so many here, incliuding you, seem to need to be treated as factual.

Instead this has become an exercise in recognizing intellectual blindness, and that too is fine.

• Like 1

Many issues across all spectrums can require the understanding of the nuance of a situation to better understand it. Child rape is not one of them. If a child is raped by a stranger or a family member, are we drawing any distinctions ? Some of you are, for some reason. I think the problem is you can’t discern when nuance is applicable and when it isn’t. You embody the saying “ when you’re a hammer, everything looks like a nail”. If you truly did understand nuance, and not look to use it as a tool to make you feel smart, you would  know when not to use it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

The point was to focus on what Tim had written, not how it was taken out of context.  Still plenty of room to have taken issue with his position, as i did, on his actual position, not on the straw man so many here, incliuding you, seem to need to be treated as factual.

It’s not a strawman. Are you really saying we ought to draw distinctions? Sounds like you are. And if you aren’t , as I said, the nuance means shite. 

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

No I dont think you do. Let me rephrase - if I catch you fondling children I'm not going to stop to check how old they are. 

25 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I guess this is what you guys want, right?  You don't want conversation, or the sharing of ideas, you just want the same opinion shared across everyone, and if anyone dares to differ, then they get called every name in the book.  That's what this board has devolved into.

When you're calling someone a piece of shiot for disagreeing with you?  Sit down and shut up scumbag.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

I'm not blowing whole days on Fantasy Football fora, trying to make distinctions with drugging and raping 13 year old girls.  The attempts to do so were pointless, except to try to bolster Tim.  You failed.  Your position was stated accurately.  You go in the degenerate column, too.

12 minutes ago, Horseman said:

No, I dont think, you do. Let me rephrase move the goal posts - if I catch you fondling children I'm not going to stop to check how old they are. 

Your screen name is half apt.   You have the posterior of a horse well represented.

3 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

I'm not blowing whole days on Fantasy Football fora, trying to make distinctions with drugging and raping 13 year old girls.  The attempts to do so were pointless, except to try to bolster Tim.  You failed.  Your position was stated accurately.  You go in the degenerate column, too.

Well I guess I will have to live with the mislabeling by you due to your limited perspicacity.  I'm pretty sure I can bear up under the weight of that. 

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Well I guess I will have to live with the mislabeling by you due to your limited perspicacity.  I'm pretty sure I can bear up under the weight of that. 

Mealy-mouth was the correct description.  Congratulations on making a number of posts that don't really say anything.

4 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Mealy-mouth was the correct description.  Congratulations on making a number of posts that don't really say anything.

Your congratulations is accepted in the spirit offered.

24 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

So many wordz……and nothing. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So many wordz……and nothing. 

Puts me in mind of the secene from Rudy where O'Hara loses his stuff.  "You just siummed up your entire sorry career here"