Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Is the NCAA Islamaphobic?

14 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Do you think these Libtards would have even batted an eyelash if a Muslim said that Muhammad and not Jesus was lord?  It’s like Pavlov’s dog with these anti-American pukes.

If he said Jesus wasn’t real or something similar, yes.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Poor Guttertrash.  He's been at the kid's table for 45 years with no end in sight.  He is amusing though.  

Multiple countries ruled by what’s in the Koran and it’s supposed to be treated as a religion. No. Once it becomes the law, it’s a political entity. And if it’s not the law, then it’s not Islam. 

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not offended by what he said.  I am a little annoyed that the NCAA amplified it though.

Lol, more idiots that think not tweeting something that was on live TV is censorship.  First world problems

It was tweeted by the NCAA.  YOU have a problem with the NCAA tweeting it.  You want to censor.  

Stop crying Timmy. 

First Amendment Explained. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If you don't like it you can move to Russia

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

It was tweeted by the NCAA.  YOU have a problem with the NCAA tweeting it.  You want to censor.  

Stop crying Timmy. 

First Amendment Explained. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No dummy.  I’m saying the NCAA should’ve been smart enough to not tweet it in the first place.  And considering it was broadcast on live TV and they did not tweet out all of the post match interviews anyway, that would not have been remotely close to censorship.

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No dummy.  I’m saying the NCAA should’ve been smart enough to not tweet it in the first place.  And considering it was broadcast on live TV and they did not tweet out all of the post match interviews anyway, that would not have been remotely close to censorship.

The NCAA is all powerful and does whatever they want.

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Did you know that gay oil wrestling with boys is very common in Islam? 

18 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Did you know that gay oil wrestling with boys is very common in Islam? 

I’m not sure if you’re actually referring to “gay oil wrestling with boys,” or just trying to make fun of the greatest sport on earth, in which case yes I am aware that some of the best wrestlers in the world come from Dagestan and are Muslim.   This was brought up on twitter as he is likely giving them some bulletin board material (not that he really cares).

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Stop crying Timmy. 

Boom.  Now THAT’S a takedown.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

Boom.  Now THAT’S a takedown.

Is there a law preventing the NCAA from tweeting?  No

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not sure if you’re actually referring to “gay oil wrestling with boys,” or just trying to make fun of the greatest sport on earth, in which case yes I am aware that some of the best wrestlers in the world come from Dagestan and are Muslim.   This was brought up on twitter as he is likely giving them some bulletin board material (not that he really cares).

Then move to Dagestan and go cry with them.  Just because you a few other Libtards got offended by it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have been  by the NCAA.  His religion is central to everything he does.  That’s why the reporter led off the interview by asking about it.  And I for one am refreshed to hear such honesty in an era where Commies like you don’t want anything to be published that hurts your feelings.  Go to a support group and deal with your emotional fragility.

• Thanks 2

If you had told me 30 years that pussies like TimHack would be complaining about something this innocuous I never would have believed it.  Toughen up snowflake.  It’s not a good look.

3 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Then move to Dagestan and go cry with them.  Just because you a few other Libtards got offended by it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have been  by the NCAA.  His religion is central to everything he does.  That’s why the reporter led off the interview by asking about it.  And I for one am refreshed to hear such honesty in an era where Commies like you don’t want anything to be published that hurts your feelings.  Go to a support group and deal with your emotional fragility.

It’s all he ever talks about so the interviewer knew he was going to say something like that.  He had also just hugged a friend who is very religious as well which is what the interviewer was alluding to.

Part of the NCAA’s mission talks about being inclusive.  This statement is anything but.

33 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It’s all he ever talks about so the interviewer knew he was going to say something like that.  He had also just hugged a friend who is very religious as well which is what the interviewer was alluding to.

Part of the NCAA’s mission talks about being inclusive.  This statement is anything but.

Wouldn't being inclusive mean INCLUDING opinions YOU or THEY don't agree with?   That's the problem with you libs.  You preach tolerance/inclusiveness but never practice it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Horse shitt.  When you Liberals talk about inclusiveness it's as you define it.  It reminds me of the famous tweet pic by the Huffington Post bragging about their "diversity".  My son is a D1 athlete and he was forced to wear a bunch of Liberal propoganda about how racist the country was after the Summer of Love.  His views weren't even allowed to be heard much less tolerated.  Inclusive.  What a focking joke.

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Wouldn't being inclusive mean INCLUDING opinions YOU or THEY don't agree with?   That's the problem with you libs.  You preach tolerance/inclusiveness but never practice it.

It was included.  On the live ESPN broadcast.  It didn’t need to be included on twitter, which did not include all of the interviews to begin with, including some that actually had substance.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

It was included.  On the live ESPN broadcast.  It didn’t need to be included on twitter, which did not include all of the interviews to begin with, including some that actually had substance.

It didn't need to be excluded either.  This is a really weird hill to die on.

This was IMO the best interview of them all (definitely top 2).  It was good enough for a “YouTube short,” but not twitter apparently:

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

It didn't need to be excluded either.  This is a really weird hill to die on.

Disparaging billions of people across the world, yeah I think it could’ve been excluded

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why?  Because you ridiculously took offense to it?  I for one liked hearing it.  It is truth - something you Libtards hate.  It would be like me objecting to someone pontificating about how racist America is, which I personally find wrong and offensive.  Do I get to object to that being on twitter?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Disparaging billions of people across the world, yeah I think it could’ve been excluded

WTF?  How is it disparaging by claiming your belief in only one God in Jesus Christ?  When Muslims say they believe in Muhammed, are they disparaging Christians?  Of course not.  Sometimes people believe in different things.  Deal with it buttercup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

I swear people have lost their focking minds in this country.  

You know who have lost their minds?  People that believe some dude rose from the dead and “is the only one that can resurrect anything”

It's completely ridiculous that your outrage here is directed toward Christians for not being inclusive and tolerant.  There will probably be a fatwa issued on this guy. This is the religion that waited 30 years to try to assassinate Salman Rushdie.  Remember Charlie Hebdo?  There is nothing wrong with a man expressing his religious beliefs.  And I got news for you - there are millions of people in this country who also believe that Jesus is the one and only prophet.  Deal with it.

3 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

WTF?  How is it disparaging by claiming your belief in only one God in Jesus Christ?  When Muslims say they believe in Muhammed, are they disparaging Christians?  Of course not.  Sometimes people believe in different things.  Deal with it buttercup.

He didn’t just say that’s what he believes, he worded it as a statement.  Honestly the statement doesn’t even make sense:

“Christ resurrections everything.  Not just his life, but his death and resurrection.  You can only get that though him, the Holy Spirit only through him, no false prophets, no Muhammad, no anyone else, only Jesus Christ himself.”

First of all is “resurrections” even a verb?  He resurrections resurrection?  What does that even mean?  You can only be resurrected by Jesus?  Do people believe they will be resurrected instead of going to Heaven?

Literal lol at multiple people in this thread calling that “truth.”  Religion by definition is not truth, it’s a belief.  I guess the righties believe in “a person’s truth” if it’s about religion?  Such hypocrites.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You know who have lost their minds?  People that believe some dude rose from the dead and “is the only one that can resurrect anything”

Well now we are at the heart of the issue, which I suspected from the start.  You're a Commie atheist and you don't want to hear about religion.  I'm a Christian and honestly I don't believe in any of that magic stuff.  I believe in the message of Jesus - that we strive toward practicing love, tolerance and forgiveness.  I congregate with fellow Christians who also share those beliefs, and a lot of good comes from it.  Do I agree with this wrestler?  No I don't.  Part of Christianity is tolerance as I noted above.  See - the difference between you and me is that I don't try to suppress other peoples' truths.  I actually want to hear them.  Maybe they're onto something.  Who the hell knows.  If you spend your entire life being outraged every time someone says something you disagree with, your life is not only going to be very unhappy, it's also going to be very shallow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

It's completely ridiculous that your outrage here is directed toward Christians for not being inclusive and tolerant.  There will probably be a fatwa issued on this guy. This is the religion that waited 30 years to try to assassinate Salman Rushdie.  Remember Charlie Hebdo?  There is nothing wrong with a man expressing his religious beliefs.  And I got news for you - there are millions of people in this country who also believe that Jesus is the one and only prophet.  Deal with it.

For like the fifth time there is nothing wrong with him or anyone else expressing his beliefs.  I just don’t think beliefs that are disparaging towards others should be shared by the NCAA.   Heck even referencing the “one and only Jesus Christ” wouldn’t bother most people, but he basically went out of his way to diss Muhammed

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

He didn’t just say that’s what he believes, he worded it as a statement.  Honestly the statement doesn’t even make sense:

“Christ resurrections everything.  Not just his life, but his death and resurrection.  You can only get that though him, the Holy Spirit only through him, no false prophets, no Muhammad, no anyone else, only Jesus Christ himself.”

First of all is “resurrections” even a verb?  He resurrections resurrection?  What does that even mean?  You can only be resurrected by Jesus?  Do people believe they will be resurrected instead of going to Heaven?

Literal lol at multiple people in this thread calling that “truth.”  Religion by definition is not truth, it’s a belief.  I guess the righties believe in “a person’s truth” if it’s about religion?  Such hypocrites.

I don't like the word truth either when it coms to a person's beliefs, so we have that in common.  As to the clarity of his message - the guy's a wrestler.  If it helps him get through the day why argue it?  "Whatever gets you through the night, it's alright, it's alright"

2 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Well now we are at the heart of the issue, which I suspected from the start.  You're a Commie atheist and you don't want to hear about religion.  I'm a Christian and honestly I don't believe in any of that magic stuff.  I believe in the message of Jesus - that we strive toward practicing love, tolerance and forgiveness.  I congregate with fellow Christians who also share those beliefs, and a lot of good comes from it.  Do I agree with this wrestler?  No I don't.  Part of Christianity is tolerance as I noted above.  See - the difference between you and me is that I don't try to suppress other peoples' truths.  I actually want to hear them.  Maybe they're onto something.  Who the hell knows.  If you spend your entire life being outraged every time someone says something you disagree with, your life is not only going to be very unhappy, it's also going to be very shallow.

Nice backtrack.  Earlier you called it “truth,” now it’s just “his truth that you don’t even believe in”?  Lol.  And it even looks like you’re admitting his quote was not tolerant?

19 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Why?  Because you ridiculously took offense to it?  I for one liked hearing it.  It is truth - something you Libtards hate.  It would be like me objecting to someone pontificating about how racist America is, which I personally find wrong and offensive.  Do I get to object to that being on twitter?

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

For like the fifth time there is nothing wrong with him or anyone else expressing his beliefs.  I just don’t think beliefs that are disparaging towards others should be shared by the NCAA.   Heck even referencing the “one and only Jesus Christ” wouldn’t bother most people, but he basically went out of his way to diss Muhammed

No.  Just NO.  YOU are offended by what he said, because you have a stick up your asss about religion.  He didn't disparage Muslims.  He said that he believes in Jesus as the one and only prophet.  Just like Muslims will say that Muhammed is the one and only, with the Verse of the Sword and all.  They believe different things.  That doesn't mean one side is disparaging the other.  Christians and Muslims have coexisted for centuries with completely different beliefs.  The man just won his 3rd natty, and what drives him is his religion.  That's a story, and that's what journalists should report on.  Maybe they should have put a trigger warning on the top so snowflakes like you could have taken a tranquilizer before reading it.  

This is important.  It's why I believe you Liberals are the single biggest threat this country has ever seen.  You are intolerant and totalitarian in your beliefs.  You think it is ok to bully, intimidate, and cancel companies and politicians who have different beliefs.  It's despicable, it's antithetical to the concept of freedom, and your attempts to shut down other peoples' views is going to fail miserably.  Because people like me believe freedom is a cool thing, and quite honestly it's something that a LOT of Conservative are prepared to die for.

7 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

No.  Just NO.  YOU are offended by what he said, because you have a stick up your asss about religion.  He didn't disparage Muslims.  He said that he believes in Jesus as the one and only prophet.  Just like Muslims will say that Muhammed is the one and only, with the Verse of the Sword and all.  They believe different things.  That doesn't mean one side is disparaging the other.  Christians and Muslims have coexisted for centuries with completely different beliefs.  The man just won his 3rd natty, and what drives him is his religion.  That's a story, and that's what journalists should report on.  Maybe they should have put a trigger warning on the top so snowflakes like you could have taken a tranquilizer before reading it.  

This is important.  It's why I believe you Liberals are the single biggest threat this country has ever seen.  You are intolerant and totalitarian in your beliefs.  You think it is ok to bully, intimidate, and cancel companies and politicians who have different beliefs.  It's despicable, it's antithetical to the concept of freedom, and your attempts to shut down other peoples' views is going to fail miserably.  Because people like me believe freedom is a cool thing, and quite honestly it's something that a LOT of Conservative are prepared to die for.

JFC (pun intended).  It’s not about him “saying what he believes in,” it’s about him disparaging Muslims.  Calling someone a “false prophet” is disparaging.   Like I said, if he just said “one and only Jesus Christ” that’s not disparaging.

And I’m not a liberal.

Just now, TimHauck said:

JFC (pun intended).  It’s not about him “saying what he believes in,” it’s about him disparaging Muslims.  Calling someone a “false prophet” is disparaging.   Like I said, if he just said “one and only Jesus Christ” that’s not disparaging.

And I’m not a liberal.

No.  Disagreement does not equal disparagement.  The words "false prophet" have been used in religious parlance for hundreds of years, and not just from Christians to Muslims, but in some instances from Jews to Christians.  If you are a Christian, your core belief is that Jesus is the one and only prophet.  And the unavoidable inference from that is Muhammed was not a prophet, which sounds to me like the definition of a "false prophet."  For hundreds of years this was well understood, and it wasn't disparaging.  It was simply a fundamental fact of the obvious difference between the two religions.

What's really going on here, besides your f-d up intolerance of Christianity, is yet another example of Liberals being triggered by words.  You don't like the words "false prophet".  It doesn't fit your interpretation of the words.  Because the truth is - when Liberals are confronted with a different point of view - they ALWAYS view it as hostile and evil.  So the words themselves become hostile, and evoke an emotional response.  Many Liberals - and you are definitely one of them - have limited ability to control their emotions.  It's like estrogen overload.  So when you see a wrestler answer a direct question by saying he believes in Jesus and not "false prophets" - you digest this competing worldview through the filter of an emotional response, which in this case means YOU view it as disparaging a group of people of which you don't even belong.  Talk about cultural appropriation.

Here's the thing - you don't get to dictate what is disparaging and what is fit to print.  And neither does your political party, which last I checked is only 50% of America.  If you and your Libtard friends don't learn to play nice in the sandbox and share your toys, you'll have to learn through other means.  And this will look at lot more like "Verse of the Sword" than "Turn the Other Cheek."  

With that I bid you adieu, and a pleasant evening.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

A grown man whining like this. What happened? 

5 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

I don't know what you did or didn't do, but it's another example of the sides just whining about what the is other while doing the same thing as a whole.    Protest the anthem or say something political and the right goes bonkers and shouts for them to shut up and just play the game.   Say something religious or like this guy did, and here comes the left doing the same thing.  

There is also a difference in saying something shouldn't be on Twitter or object to it being there and saying you think the NCAA made a mistake in doing so.  

6 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

Horse shitt.  When you Liberals talk about inclusiveness it's as you define it.  It reminds me of the famous tweet pic by the Huffington Post bragging about their "diversity".  My son is a D1 athlete and he was forced to wear a bunch of Liberal propoganda about how racist the country was after the Summer of Love.  His views weren't even allowed to be heard much less tolerated.  Inclusive.  What a focking joke.

The women in that picture could really benefit from some makeup, hair conditioner, and clothing choices.

2 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

I don't know what you did or didn't do, but it's another example of the sides just whining about what the is other while doing the same thing as a whole.    Protest the anthem or say something political and the right goes bonkers and shouts for them to shut up and just play the game.   Say something religious or like this guy did, and here comes the left doing the same thing.  

There is also a difference in saying something shouldn't be on Twitter or object to it being there and saying you think the NCAA made a mistake in doing so.  

Fair point about the anthem.  It used to bother me but now I just roll with it.  Everyone needs to do more of that.

7 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

No.  Disagreement does not equal disparagement.  The words "false prophet" have been used in religious parlance for hundreds of years, and not just from Christians to Muslims, but in some instances from Jews to Christians.  If you are a Christian, your core belief is that Jesus is the one and only prophet.  And the unavoidable inference from that is Muhammed was not a prophet, which sounds to me like the definition of a "false prophet."  For hundreds of years this was well understood, and it wasn't disparaging.  It was simply a fundamental fact of the obvious difference between the two religions.

What's really going on here, besides your f-d up intolerance of Christianity, is yet another example of Liberals being triggered by words.  You don't like the words "false prophet".  It doesn't fit your interpretation of the words.  Because the truth is - when Liberals are confronted with a different point of view - they ALWAYS view it as hostile and evil.  So the words themselves become hostile, and evoke an emotional response.  Many Liberals - and you are definitely one of them - have limited ability to control their emotions.  It's like estrogen overload.  So when you see a wrestler answer a direct question by saying he believes in Jesus and not "false prophets" - you digest this competing worldview through the filter of an emotional response, which in this case means YOU view it as disparaging a group of people of which you don't even belong.  Talk about cultural appropriation.

Here's the thing - you don't get to dictate what is disparaging and what is fit to print.  

But you do?

This tweet may have been removed pre-Elon Musk ownership.  Thankfully the intolerant left in charge of Twitter are no more.  Also, Tim, Muslim's don't need you defending them, they can handle themselves, I'd love it if some Muslims saw your post and gave their thoughts on it.  You're not Muslim, and neither are we, so worry about yourself.  You're just anti-Christian, don't deny that.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TimHauck said:

@weepaws may appreciate this one

”No false prophets.  No Muhammad no anyone else.”

I don’t think him saying this during a live post match interview was bad, but I don’t really think NCAA wrestling should have posted it to twitter.

I go with no.  :shrugs shoulders:

11 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

This tweet may have been removed pre-Elon Musk ownership.  Thankfully the intolerant left in charge of Twitter are no more.  Also, Tim, Muslim's don't need you defending them, they can handle themselves, I'd love it if some Muslims saw your post and gave their thoughts on it.  You're not Muslim, and neither are we, so worry about yourself.  You're just anti-Christian, don't deny that.

Yup. It was never about defending Muslims with them. Complete frauds. The Crusades! 

16 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Lol.  Once again I’m not saying twitter should have removed it once it was up.  I’m simply saying an organization promoting inclusiveness such as the NCAA never should have promoted it in the first place.

You religious nuts seem to be the ones that are triggered by people that have the audacity not to believe in fairy tales.