Big Guy

NFL DRAFT 2023 ( official / unofficial thread )

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

1st off, you don't know that Jerry wanted Kincaid......I watch, read and listen to a couple hundred Cowboy shows / pages and his name was barely mentioned. 

there's no "entitlement" within the Cowboys, only expectations

Ease up.  When they actually start meeting expectations stick out your chest. Until then just realize that they are just another team. And act like it. 

• Haha 1

everybody is just trying get by and doing the best they can

But no, they never were and never will be "Just Another Team"

they're special, unique, and you know it, that's why you and others are obsessed

3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

everybody is just trying get by and doing the best they can

But no, they never were and never will be "Just Another Team"

they're special, unique, and you know it, that's why you and others are obsessed

Were.  They were special and unique. You can’t claim that with 4-5 playoff wins in 27 years.  Sorry kid.  

Eagles killed the draft IMO. Jalen Carter at 9 was  a major coup but Nolan Smith at 30 may have been even better. Drafted depth at S, CB and OL and flipped a future 4th for Deandre Swift.

A+ for Howie.

DCDS - Dallas Cowboys Derangement Syndrome - Eagles and Giants fans here have it.

Up

8 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

DCDS - Dallas Cowboys Derangement Syndrome - Eagles and Giants fans here have it.d 

My favorite part of the draft was when Buffalo jumped Dallas for Kincaid, Jerrah panicked and over drafted Mazzi Smith then he overdrafted Schoomaker because he whiffed on Kincaid 😂.

Another horrible draft for Jerrah. 

• Thanks 1

The Cowboys won this draft before it even started by trading picks for Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks.  Cowboys should be much improved.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, League Champion said:

Up

My favorite part of the draft was when Buffalo jumped Dallas for Kincaid, Jerrah panicked and over drafted Mazzi Smith then he overdrafted Schoomaker because he whiffed on Kincaid 😂.

Another horrible draft for Jerrah. 

Green Bay drafted 2 TEs in the top 100. :blink:

3 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

What's wrong with that? And I called the double dip.  Both TEs have a ton of upside.   Size and speed.  Packers had like 12 picks.  I personally love the double dip.  

11 hours ago, Gepetto said:

DCDS - Dallas Cowboys Derangement Syndrome - Eagles and Giants fans here have it.

Don't lump us all together, it's really just 2 idiots.

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Don't lump us all together, it's really just 2 idiots.

Further proof you’re not a real Giants fan.  Imagine being one and not hating the Cowboys? It’s a part of the deal if you suffered long enough.  

Miami Dolphins

Rd 2) CB Cam Smith, South Carolina - greatest CB in draft. Future HOF.

Rd 3) RB Devon Achane, Texas A&M - small, but mighty. Future HOF.

Rd 6) WR Elijah Higgins, Stanford - Tua's soon favorite. Multiple pro bowls.

Rd 7) OT Ryan Hayes, Michigan - Woverines notorious for grain-fed white linemen. Rookie of the year.

Draft Grade: A++ :banana:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Miami Dolphins

Rd 2) CB Cam Smith, South Carolina - greatest CB in draft. Future HOF.

Rd 3) RB Devon Achane, Texas A&M - small, but mighty. Future HOF.

Rd 6) WR Elijah Higgins, Stanford - Tua's soon favorite. Multiple pro bowls.

Rd 7) OT Ryan Hayes, Michigan - Woverines notorious for grain-fed white linemen. Rookie of the year.

Draft Grade: A++ :banana:

That might be the worst draft that I've ever seen. 

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2023 at 1:43 AM, League Champion said:

😊 Cowboy fans are such entitled little priks. Jerrah wanted Kincaid more than anything and Buffalo traded up and stole him. 

The best part was that they then overdrafted Schoomaker 2 rounds too high. It was a typical Jerrah draft where he was totally overmatched. Again , Howie Roseman was one step ahead drafting for next season while Jerrah was trying to fill immediate needs. The Cowboys got owned, again. 

You should stick to Iggs inside scoops - you're out of your league on Cowboys news.

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

You should stick to Iggs inside scoops - you're out of your league on Cowboys news.

Even through Jerrah's 17 facelifts I could still see the disappointment, but he's used to that anyway. Priceless 😂

Looking at the Cowboys draft I don't see anything too exciting.  Their first 2 picks were ahead of the consensus by a half to full round.  But again we have no idea who pans out and who doesn't. 

If Mazi can play 3 downs it isn't bad.  I have a hard time taking 2 down NTs in the league today.  I know they have to play Philly twice a year but it is a passing league.  The knock on Mazi is his motor.   Has all the physical tools but his motor is sort of hot and cold.  Space eater.  

Similar to Jordan Davis being taken at 13th last year.  Hes basically a 2 down player.   Not great.  

Let me throw this in there.  I haven't studied all he has done.  Hr is obviously one of the better GMs no doubt.  But people are going a bit overboard on Howie.  I think he works the cap and makes sound risk reward decisions.  Bolsters both lines.  Had a plan with Hurts.  But looking at his drafts....nothing that special.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

But looking at his drafts....nothing that special.  

I agree. His drafts haven't been anything special. Philly will never let him forget about taking Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson but a lot of other teams passed as well. His recent drafts have been pretty good but he cuts his teeth in manipulating the salary cap, free agency, moving contracts, etc. He's definitely a master at his craft. 

There's no doubt that this was his best draft ever. I don't think you could of even mocked it any better, home run. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I agree. His drafts haven't been anything special. Philly will never let him forget about taking Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson but a lot of other teams passed as well. His recent drafts have been pretty good but he cuts his teeth in manipulating the salary cap, free agency, moving contracts, etc. He's definitely a master at his craft. 

There's no doubt that this was his best draft ever. I don't think you could of even mocked it any better, home run. 

I wouldn't say they are bad just not some God GM stuff.  I do think he is knowledgeable in building a contender.  His foresight on Hurts was nice and hired the right coach to be able to craft an offense for him.  He is good at many things.  One of the better ones for sure.  

We can't say this year is his best draft.  No one knows.  On paper it looks good.  Carter could do something dumb early and it ruins it on the spot.  It is a good draft on paper.  But it isn't like he maneuvered.   Things just sorta fell into him.  

Ringo is a talent but I don't care for him at CB.  Are they planning on moving him to saftey?  He is basically a press and bail CB only.  His agility is very bad.  The league has moved to a lot of zone.  I don't think he will be good at CB.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ringo is a talent but I don't care for him at CB.  Are they planning on moving him to saftey?

It seems like that's the plan. He's definitely more in the safety mold. Good size, great tackler, good speed, very physical. The knock on him is that he's a little stiff in the hips. I think he'll be perfect at safety, he's a ball hawk. 

The Cowboys were obviously targeting the tight end, and everyone knew it. That’s why Buffalo got in front of them.   Jerry was disappointed, you could see it on his stretch marks. 

Just now, League Champion said:

It seems like that's the plan. He's definitely more in the safety mold. Good size, great tackler, good speed, very physical. The knock on him is that he's a little stiff in the hips. I think he'll be perfect at safety, he's a ball hawk. 

I think he has a chance to be a really good safety if thats the plan and he "transitions" well.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Cowboys were obviously targeting the tight end, and everyone knew it. That’s why Buffalo got in front of them.   Jerry was disappointed, you could see it on his stretch marks. 

He wanted Kincaid BAD! I read a story saying Jerrah was certain that Buffalo wanted Maher and that Kincaid would be there. When Buffalo jumped them he thought it was for Mayer, not Kincaid. 

Just now, League Champion said:

He wanted Kincaid BAD! I read a story saying Jerrah was certain that Buffalo wanted Maher and that Kincaid would be there. When Buffalo jumped them he thought it was for Mayer, not Kincaid. 

See I always thought Dallas loved Mayer as their new Witten.   But could have been a smokescreen.   So when Buffalo jumped up I said this just be for mayer.  

On 5/1/2023 at 2:58 AM, seafoam1 said:

Green Bay TEs never succeed. They get two cracks at it this year, hoping at least one pans out. It's been a long time since Mark Chmura.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Even through Jerrah's 17 facelifts I could still see the disappointment, but he's used to that anyway. Priceless 😂

Dallas had Smith #14 on their board........ Now you can argue the merits of that - but fact remains there wasn't a single TE ranked above M. Smith, on that board. 

You saw what you wanted to see - and with Jerry, he prolly just got told they ran out of Johnny Walker Blue. 

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dallas had Smith #14

They had Mazzi rated higher than Nolan Smith? If so that whole scouting department should be fired immediately. 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Looking at the Cowboys draft I don't see anything too exciting.  Their first 2 picks were ahead of the consensus by a half to full round.  But again we have no idea who pans out and who doesn't. 

If Mazi can play 3 downs it isn't bad.  I have a hard time taking 2 down NTs in the league today.  I know they have to play Philly twice a year but it is a passing league.  The knock on Mazi is his motor.   Has all the physical tools but his motor is sort of hot and cold.  Space eater.  

Similar to Jordan Davis being taken at 13th last year.  Hes basically a 2 down player.   Not great.  

Let me throw this in there.  I haven't studied all he has done.  Hr is obviously one of the better GMs no doubt.  But people are going a bit overboard on Howie.  I think he works the cap and makes sound risk reward decisions.  Bolsters both lines.  Had a plan with Hurts.  But looking at his drafts....nothing that special.  

Dallas hasn't any issues getting to the QB, they ranked 4th in the league last year. This team's nemesis (and has been forever it seems) is stopping the run. Dallas held its own when Vander Esch was in there - but soon as he went down, even grandmas were running over us. 

The pick up and emergence of Hankins exposed a major weakness in this front 7 - no beef up front. Which really wasn't a secret, I've been screaming for a tree stump up front for years. Hankins was incredible for us in 2022, he finally proved to this team how badly a big body was needed up front. I'll take the pick and see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

They had Mazzi rated higher than Nolan Smith? If so that whole scouting department should be fired immediately. 

Like I said, one can certainly argue the merits of the board.........................but it's a fact Dallas was not shocked, disappointed or upset Kincaid went ahead of them, he was not ranked higher on their board. BUF had a hunch Jerry was going to take him, they were wrong. 

Just now, Cruzer said:

Like I said, one can certainly argue the merits of the board.........................but it's a fact Dallas was not shocked, disappointed or upset Kincaid went ahead of him, he was not ranked higher on their board. BUF had a hunch Jerry was going to take him, they were wrong. 

You know they're Bullshizzing you right? There wasn't a sole on this planet besides Dallas who had Mazzi rated 14, if that's true at all. It was a clear panic pick IMO. Mazzi was a late second, early third at best. 

Reminds me of 2016. The whole world knew the Giants wanted Tyler Conklin. Tennessee moved up and took him. The fall back was Leonard Floyd. The Bears moved up and took him. Giants caught flat footed and ended up with Eli Apple. Lesson: Don’t Telegraph to the league who you’re taking.  Jerry Reese did that a lot. So did Gettleman.  Don’t tell everyone you’re in love. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

You know they're Bullshizzing you right? There wasn't a sole on this planet besides Dallas who had Mazzi rated 14, if that's true at all. It was a clear panic pick IMO. Mazzi was a late second, early third at best. 

Like I said, you should prolly stick to Iggs info and leave in inside Cowboys skinny to us here. 

Do you even know the story about Tyler Smith last year? Did you get your Twitter feed on that? 

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Like I said, you should prolly stick to Iggs info and leave in inside Cowboys skinny to us here. 

Sorry, I forgot. We can't criticize King Jerrah, especially with all of his success in the last 15 years. 

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Sorry, I forgot. We can't criticize King Jerrah, especially with all of his success in the last 15 years. 

I can def tell you're new here................ Nobody, and I mean nobody, criticizes Jerry here more than me - have for years and years. 

But we're not talking about questioning Jerry, we're talking about facts - on who DAL had on their board and who they were targeting - distinct difference.... I'm personally not thrilled about our 2nd and 3rd rd picks - but I'll have to roll with it and hope the TE was worth the shot. 

16 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dallas hasn't any issues getting to the QB, they ranked 4th in the league last year. This team's nemesis (and has been forever it seems) is stopping the run. Dallas held its own when Vander Esch was in there - but soon as he went down, even grandmas were running over us. 

The pick up and emergence of Hankins exposed a major weakness in this front 7 - no beef up front. Which really wasn't a secret, I've been screaming for a tree stump up front for years. Hankins was incredible for us in 2022, he finally proved to this team how badly a big body was needed up front. I'll take the pick and see what happens. 

I just think run stuffers are a little obsolete these days.  I understand the Cowboys play Philly twice.  I'm not saying Mazi will definitely only be a 2 down player.  But if he is, I just have a hard time taking them on the 1st round.  

It is nice to have a space eater and fouble team taker when playing certain teams.  I just don't want to use a 1stt one one.