Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '23-'24

Well @Bert I did not have this as a possible outcome. Just one of those nights. Wish you guys the best in the tournament. 🙏

what a dominant half

33 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Well @Bert I did not have this as a possible outcome. Just one of those nights. Wish you guys the best in the tournament. 🙏

Congrats!  That was a world class beat down.  Hopefully, we bounce back the same way we did after the Kansas azz whooping earlier this year.  

Good luck in the tournament!  

9 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

They very well could for sure. The hard part is I always say you need at least three NBA caliber guys to win a national championship and I keep going up and down these top 10 and I’m struggling to find three guys on each roster and I think you see that reflected, and how many top 10 teams have lost this year to un ranked opponents. 

Connecticut and Arizona are probably the two teams  I don’t want Iowa State to have any part of.

According to Jay Bilas....

Clingan, Newton, Castle, & Karaban

Reminds me of the big 12

Teams that often get a lot of hype but more often than not crap the bed: Illinois, New Mexico and Arizona.

I think I made my money back on my Omaha tickets by selling session 3 stand alone :banana:

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I think I made my money back on my Omaha tickets by selling session 3 stand alone :banana:

Are you going to Salt Lake City or watching on TV?

9 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Are you going to Salt Lake City or watching on TV?

Just watching at home

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think ISU deserved a 1 seed

Yeah, it’s weird because they have us just above Baylor, but we thumped Baylor. So they gave some value to us winning the other day, but almost like we got nothing for beating Houston. Unless they had us as a three seed going in which doesn’t make any sense. I don’t know. 

We have more quad one wins than North Carolina, and fewer quad two losses but somehow they got the number one seed, and we barely got the two.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, it’s weird because they have us just above Baylor, but we thumped Baylor. So they gave some value to us winning the other day, but almost like we got nothing for beating Houston. Unless they had us as a three seed going in which doesn’t make any sense. I don’t know. 

We have more quad one wins than North Carolina, and fewer quad two losses but somehow they got the number one seed, and we barely got the two.

I'm cautiously on buy mode regarding Iowa State.

45 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

So, you got nothing. What a ....

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I wouldn’t. Round two we get Drake who is in Iowa and would love a chance to knock us off and won the Missouri valley or we get Washington state who I think was ranked 18th this year and is pretty good. And that’s just to get to play probably either BYU who thumped us or Illinois who is really hot right now. And that’s just to get to uconn the overall number one. Pretty brutal Road 

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

@edjr , @Pimpadeaux one of you going to start a geek bracket?

You mean like biggest loser?  or the actual tourney?

doesn't it start today?

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

doesn't it start today?

Play in games tonight and tomorrow. 

Noon to midnight starts Thursday. 

37 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Play in games tonight and tomorrow. 

Noon to midnight starts Thursday. 

Not nearly enough time to get something running.

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not nearly enough time to get something running.

I've tried to run the draft game here for the past 5 years and didn't get any bites. I have a draft tonight for the same game at the local bar. 

14 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I've tried to run the draft game here for the past 5 years and didn't get any bites. I have a draft tonight for the same game at the local bar. 

I was thinking 8 people - $25 bucks a piece.

You randomly get 8 teams assigned to you. Luck of the draw.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I was thinking 8 people - $25 bucks a piece.

You randomly get 8 teams assigned to you. Luck of the draw.

Draft 8 teams. 

For each team you have that gets a win you multiply the seed by the round. The other 7 players owe you that many quarters. 

Example: You have Kentucky and they win in the first round - the other 7 owe you $0.75. If they win in the second round the other 7 players owe you $1.50. 

It can get dicey depending on upsets. In my local draft last year I won $270 and a couple guys lost $100ish. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

Draft 8 teams. 

For each team you have that gets a win you multiply the seed by the round. The other 7 players owe you that many quarters. 

Example: You have Kentucky and they win in the first round - the other 7 owe you $0.75. If they win in the second round the other 7 players owe you $1.50. 

It can get dicey depending on upsets. In my local draft last year I won $270 and a couple guys lost $100ish. 

No time for that

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

No time for that

Its tracked on a spreadsheet and money is settled up at the end. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nOcR-c5UmkNEa5EJqC2Mr6PS4Y98agS6b28tP82kE9A/edit#gid=232419404

I started a bracket :mellow:

maybe @Pimpadeaux will send a copy of Harvey to the winner :dunno:

This thread > March madness does nothing for me

For as disappointing season as this was, at least we're going out losing to a#5 rather than a #13.

49 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

For as disappointing season as this was, at least we're going out losing to a#5 rather than a #13.

I for one am absolutely shocked and floored that Kansas got a late phantom call to win a game. 

33 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I for one am absolutely shocked and floored that Kansas got a late phantom call to win a game. 

did you watch the whole game?  How many ridiculous fouls were called on Kansas?  I get that was at a critical juncture, but that display or officiating was awful throughout the game.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

did you watch the whole game?  How many ridiculous fouls were called on Kansas?  I get that was at a critical juncture, but that display or officiating was awful throughout the game.

That call directly impacted the outcome of the game, just a terrible call on every level. What happened before that really doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

That call directly impacted the outcome of the game, just a terrible call on every level. What happened before that really doesn't matter.

Yeah, Kansas got bailed out immensely.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I agree.

Yeah, I mean hitting 11 threes is not really something we do and we can get pretty bogged down on offense. Think you’ll see more of that tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, I mean hitting 11 threes is not really something we do and we can get pretty bogged down on offense. Think you’ll see more of that tomorrow.

Things like that happen, but still, at the time of the game ISU was #8 and they beat #1 on a neutral while two other top 4 teams lost, both losing to teams that probably don't make the tournament without winning those games.  That should've at least gotten them the 4th #1 seed.

That said, I was listening to the Mad Dog Show (I really don't like Russo), but on his show, they were interviewing the head of the selection committee and he implied that ISU was never even in consideration for a #1 seed.

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Things like that happen, but still, at the time of the game ISU was #8 and they beat #1 on a neutral while two other top 4 teams lost, both losing to teams that probably don't make the tournament without winning those games.  That should've at least gotten them the 4th #1 seed.

That said, I was listening to the Mad Dog Show (I really don't like Russo), but on his show, they were interviewing the head of the selection committee and he implied that ISU was never even in consideration for a #1 seed.

Yeah, that’s crazy. We had a lot of really good wins the last month of the year but I guess blowing out Lindenwood four months ago was what really mattered.

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, that’s crazy. We had a lot of really good wins the last month of the year but I guess blowing out Lindenwood four months ago was what really mattered.

:dunno:

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

:dunno:

All good. Like Seth Greenberg said the other day for most teams after you get past the first game you’re playing someone that won at least 25 games usually and they think they are pretty good and expect to win so just gotta go play.