HellToupee

Illegal Aliens & the Schocheting of America

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And it’s not just us business people. It’s all of you reading this. Every damn one of you. You complain about illegal immigrants but everytime you go to the produce department in the supermarket you’re paying illegals. Everytime you go out and eat at your favorite restaurant you’re paying illegals. Everytime you choose to spend money at a shopping center with well kept landscaping you’re paying illegals. We’re ALL guilty of this supposed “crime.” 

We exploit illegals the same way we exploit   slave labor in china , indirectly 

Just now, HellToupee said:

We exploit illegals the same way we exploit   slave labor in china , indirectly 

To an extent yes. Though I would argue it’s far less indirectly because they’re here. 

Ask any of your wives if they truly want to know the legal status of the women who give them manicures. 

I want people to come here legally and contribute to society. If people happen to come illegally then I don’t want them breaking the law and becoming a drain and I don’t want to hear about them being a net positive because it’s false. 

25 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I have no idea. I get my day laborers, when I need them (maybe twice a year for a couple of hours) from the Home Depot parking lot. If homeless vets show up there I would gladly hire them. But I need guys with a truck. And that usually means Hispanics, who may be illegal. Truthfully I have no idea. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I do pay a legal landscaping service. I have no idea who they hire though, nor do I care. I suspect they hire some illegals; otherwise they couldn’t keep their prices competitive.

So those Home Depot day laborers which you talked about less than 30 minutes ago don't count as hiring illegals? 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Ask any of your wives if they truly want to know the legal status of the women who give them manicures.

Many are forced to work at nail salons . I’d imagine most kitchens are run by hard working illegals and if you put a roof on your house you know the answer. 

20 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This much I know: if you think illegals are taking jobs away from homeless vets or anyone else in our society then you’re a focking idiot. 

Well... those are two very different groups.  Homeless vets are probably likely suffering from mental issues and not on the job market.  "Anyone else" though... that comprises a lot of other people.  So, illegals aren't taking jobs from anyone else?

Also, I never saw your response to my post pointing out that living in a crappy country in and of itself does not qualify for refugee status.  If I missed it please advise, and accept my apologies.  :cheers: 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

To an extent yes. Though I would argue it’s far less indirectly because they’re here. 

Of course they do dumbass.  They don't want to go to some filthy unlicensed technician messing with their nails.  Disgusting.  FFS.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

So those Home Depot day laborers which you talked about less than 30 minutes ago don't count as hiring illegals? 

They’re not landscapers. I hire them, usually, to remove stuff dumped at the shopping center. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

They’re not landscapers. I hire them, usually, to remove stuff dumped at the shopping center. 

cheap labor no benefits. Fock them

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Why not hire good old US citizens for this stuff removal? 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well... those are two very different groups.  Homeless vets are probably likely suffering from mental issues and not on the job market.  "Anyone else" though... that comprises a lot of other people.  So, illegals aren't taking jobs from anyone else?

Also, I never saw your response to my post pointing out that living in a crappy country in and of itself does not qualify for refugee status.  If I missed it please advise, and accept my apologies.  :cheers: 

Sorry. 
I agree with you. A refugee has to prove that they are a refugee. Depends on the specifics. 

Just now, DonS said:

Why not hire good old US citizens for this stuff removal? 

Maybe they are. I don’t ask. I go to the Home Depot because that’s where the day laborers are. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

cheap labor no benefits. Fock them

Am I supposed to pay benefits for a two hour job? I sure hope you’re not a businessman because you would really suck at it. 

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I do pay a legal landscaping service. I have no idea who they hire though, nor do I care. I suspect they hire some illegals; otherwise they couldn’t keep their prices competitive. And if you understand NNN charges you know that I need to have lower costs for landscaping in order to help out the small business tenants. 

dlck.

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Maybe they are. I don’t ask. I go to the Home Depot because that’s where the day laborers are. 

There it is... The plausible deniabilty.

They don't speak any English, and are hanging out in the HD parking lot, but I'm just guessing they're US citizens.

:lol:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

There it is... The plausible deniabilty.

They don't speak any English, and are hanging out in the HD parking lot, but I'm just guessing they're US citizens.

:lol:

They almost always speak English.

But no I don’t think they’re citizens. And it doesn’t bother me to hire them. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

They almost always speak English.

But no I don’t think they’re citizens. And it doesn’t bother me to hire them. 

Don't get me wrong.  It makes perfect business sense to take advantage of the cheap labor that is readily available. You'd be stupid not to.

My only issue is how you then virtue signal and comment on the border situation.  That's where I call bullsh1t. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

Don't get me wrong.  It makes perfect business sense to take advantage of the cheap labor that is readily available. You'd be stupid not to.

My only issue is how you then virtue signal and comment on the border situation.  That's where I call bullsh1t. 

I don’t virtue signal- not by design anyhow. I call things as I see them. 

I don’t like what’s going on at the border. I don’t like how Biden has handled this. I didn’t like how Trump handled it. AT THIS MOMENT, if I had to choose between them on this one issue, I might very well choose Trump, for this reason: because before anything else can happen we’ve got to take control over the border. That comes first. Chaos is unacceptable. Trump’s policies, much as I detested them, at least had a semblance of order. Biden’s do not. 

So I can accept Trump and the Republicans in terms of short term solutions to this issue. But I can’t accept their long term ideas. If the Trump guys have their way they will go way beyond control of the border and attempt to shut down all immigration. They will separate families and commit all kinds of other cruelties in order to enforce what they believe must be done. I will always oppose all of that. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t need to find out. I already know. There’s nobody else willing to do the work. 

This is part of the issue here.  Our kitchen crew and even up front on positions are ESL and mostly immigrants.   I am sure some are not on the up and up.   But it's not like we are hiring them because they are cheaper, beacause of some weird woke idiology, whatever.   We are hiring them because they are the ones applying and they show up to work.  

This is different than your situation or what you take the most heat for, but I am just also pointing out that the issue isn't just lack of interest for the jobs that are being paid under the table - these are the people showing up for jobs in many sectors, and most are highly motivated.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DonS said:

What is he virtue signaling about?  I think tim's been pretty clear he is for more open immigration than most and what his business is.   That's just being honest.   

IMO where the virue signalling is people who are pretending to want closed borders while hiring and profiting off of illegals.  

Just now, BuckSwope said:

What is he virtue signaling about?  I think tim's been pretty clear he is for more open immigration than most and what his business is.   That's just being honest.   

IMO where the virue signalling is people who are pretending to want closed borders while hiring and profiting off of illegals.  

Did you miss his post where he claimed to care about open borders while simultaneously blaming Republicans?

Again.  Hire illegals if that's what you want.  You do you as long as you can sleep at night   To then blame Republicans for the charlie foxtrot is where I call bullsh1t. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Did you miss his post where he claimed to care about open borders while simultaneously blaming Republicans?

Again.  Hire illegals if that's what you want.  You do you as long as you can sleep at night   To then blame Republicans for the charlie foxtrot is where I call bullsh1t. 

Both sides profit, man.   I will agree if your calling b.s. is because tim didn't blame Democrats along with the Repulicans, but not if you think Rs aren't profiting right along with everybody else and aren't really trying to fix anything long term down there.  

Open borders helps no American. There's way too many here already. Drive by a Home Depot at 7 in the morning, there's at least a hundred wetbacks looking for work. 

And if they can't find work they'll have to rob somebody to eat. 

12 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Both sides profit, man.   I will agree if your calling b.s. is because tim didn't blame Democrats along with the Repulicans, but not if you think Rs aren't profiting right along with everybody else and aren't really trying to fix anything long term down there.  

Agreed that business owners of both political leanings profit from cheap illegal labor.

Below is what Tim said regarding the current state of the border.   Interesting how he didn't comment about Congress inaction from 2021-2022 when Dems had the majority.

I thought Mayorkas just gave a very good speech at the scene. He’s trying to do what he can but his funds are limited and Congress won’t lift a finger to address immigration issues.

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

Agreed that business owners of both political leanings profit from cheap illegal labor.

Below is what Tim said regarding the current state of the border.   Interesting how he didn't comment about Congress inaction from 2021-2022 when Dems had the majority.

You have logs of tim posts too, and know he didn't?    

This is why these places are cesspools.   Instead of agreeing that Congress won't do much (because both sides profit and because they didn't when the other team had the majority either), the focus is that he :gasp: might have put blame on the right on the issue.   

23 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Open borders helps no American. There's way too many here already. Drive by a Home Depot at 7 in the morning, there's at least a hundred wetbacks looking for work. 

Of course it does.  It helps the 1% - or do you think loose borders and cheap labor don't put money in the pockets of at least big Ag and the Prison Industrial Complex?   I'm sure that list is only libs though.  :lol:  

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

You have logs of tim posts too, and know he didn't?    

This is why these places are cesspools.   Instead of agreeing that Congress won't do much (because both sides profit and because they didn't when the other team had the majority either), the focus is that he :gasp: might have put blame on the right on the issue.   

I have "logs"??  What I quoted was from this very thread!!!

Perhaps I'm not following the point you're trying to make. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Here is a list of charities to help these poor people: 

https://impactful.ninja/best-charities-for-helping-immigrants/

Personally I give to the American Red Cross to help them be fed, and the American Civl Liberties Union to help protect their legal rights. 

These folks are in really bad shape. Please be generous. 

Awesome. Because no Americans need those things.  

There should be troops at the border, telling the horde that they are not allowed in, and don’t attempt to cross onto American land. If they choose to cross the line, they should get a rifle butt to the face. 

Bring them in.  Unemployment is at a historic low under Biden.  Old, white people are complaining left and right that noone is around to provide them with service.  America needs more people!

12 hours ago, League Champion said:

When DeSantis and Abbot start to hammer businesses in their states that use illegal labor...then I'll listen to the Right in regards to illegal immigration.  Until then, it's just hollow noise.