makindollaz

UPDATE: Dalvin Cook Expected to Sign with the Jets

Seems this is exactly why Rodgers agreed to a pay cut.  He wants Cook. 

Not good for people wanting to draft Hall, and not good people wanting to fade him. We all get screwed.

Yeah, think I’ll avoid the NYJ backfield altogether if Cook signs.  Carter would get touches as well, and Rodgers loves a TD pass inside the 2.

This has been spoken about many times by some poster, this will destroy all three of there value.  

I'm hoping this is just to get a better offer from the Dolphins who need Cook more and Cook would be fun to watch there. 

Agreed I think the Dolphins would be a very good fit for D Cooks, plus free up Hall in ff.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Agreed I think the Dolphins would be a very good fit for D Cooks, plus free up Hall in ff.  

Oh boy. 

I've been seeing reports too that Ezekiel Elliott may sign with the Patriots.

If so, I would think that would knock Rhamondre Stevenson's value down a good bit, that is if you were going to rely on a Patriots RB

55 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I've been seeing reports too that Ezekiel Elliott may sign with the Patriots.

If so, I would think that would knock Rhamondre Stevenson's value down a good bit, that is if you were going to rely on a Patriots RB

Love Stevenson, so when I saw this I was concerned. But if it happens, ok Steve loses carries to 28 yo Zeke. On the flip side, Steve's adp plummets way further than it should (i think it's already too low). Might be a good thing. 

They had Fournette in for a visit last week. 

43 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Love Stevenson, so when I saw this I was concerned. But if it happens, ok Steve loses carries to 28 yo Zeke. On the flip side, Steve's adp plummets way further than it should (i think it's already too low). Might be a good thing. 

I don't know, Zeke would likely eat into his TDs and catches

The hoody is getting ready to those that roster Stevenson unhappy.  Zeke And Fournette would hurt Stevenson production, so his adp would need to rise up a lot.  

22 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't know, Zeke would likely eat into his TDs and catches

No doubt. So how much discount will that mean for Steve?  Currently RB 10, drafted early 3rd.  Does he fall to RB 15 - 20 ?

Finished RB 8 in my league last year.  So, 4th - 5th rd ? I'm in.

17 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

No doubt. So how much discount will that mean for Steve?  Currently RB 10, drafted early 3rd.  Does he fall to RB 15 - 20 ?

Finished RB 8 in my league last year.  So, 4th - 5th rd ? I'm in.

If they are to sign Zeke, I would say it knocks him down at least one round

• Like 1

.5 ppr Stevenson only avg 9 points per game in his last six games.  

Stevenson only scored six tds, so if he loses half of those to the Zeke, plus the Zeke is underrated in the passing, and from what I’ve been told and been reading the hoody is grooming Strong to play in the J White role.  So Stevenson could lose a lot of those 88 targets from last season. 

I don’t His ADP would drop real far, I think drafters will still believe in him based on how bad the Zeke looked last, but they would be over looking the role in the passing and short yardage the Zeke would probably be involved in.  

Maybe either the Jets or Dolphins could trade for J Taylor.  

Like this move, Hall isn’t going to be ready, D Cook instead low to mid rb1.   

31 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Like this move, Hall isn’t going to be ready, D Cook instead low to mid rb1.   

Yup, 8.6 million is real money. He's playing and he's playing a lot. This all but kills any value that Hall may of had. 

I've had Ranked around RB17 most this pre-season with anticipation of competition being brought in. May drop him a couple spots in the next update given Dalvin was the biggest threat to an incumbents workload.

I’m ranking Hall as a high rb4, low rb 3.  

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Yup, 8.6 million is real money. He's playing and he's playing a lot. This all but kills any value that Hall may of had. 

(coach to Hall)  Take a seat son, you are injured.  we brought someone in to shoulder the burden until you are ready for full time work.

at 8.6 Mil, Cook is playing and playing a lot.

1 minute ago, Mike FF Today said:

I dont disagree.  

wouldnt surprise me if Breece Hall started getting a larger share of the carries late in the season.   but the first half of the season is all Cook.

personally I thought he might be a better fit in Miami, but it sounds like they were not gonna give him the cash he wanted

I think Cook is the starter and needs to be ranked where Breece Hall was previously or a bit lower and Breece Hall needs to be moved down to backup rb territory although one of the best in the NFL. I had JK Dobbins last year and that's a pretty good example of how it goes and Dobbins didn't have a Dalvin Cook in front of him.

No you rank Cook lower then we’re  Hall was ranked, Halls ranking was also based on concern of his return. 

D Cook is a rb1.  

Well I haven't done ranking myself yet so I have nothing to adjust. Cook will still lose carries to Hall. Healthy Hall without Cook would have been a RB1, Cook would be RB1 without Hall. Cook probably still will be RB1 in 12 team leagues in my opinion but no as much so if there was not a talented backup like Hall (depending on his ACL recovery).

24 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Halls ranking was also based on concern of his return. 

How would you know that? Only each individual person ranking players would know if they did that or did not.

22 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

How would you know that? Only each individual person ranking players would know if they did that or did not.

Because is ADP kept dropping, and people that are smart would do that, no will rank a player has a rb with a question about when he might be ready to play, his adp was once a rd1 pick.   Wouldn’t you drop him down before today’s news about D Cook, opps maybe not.  

Sorry.   

57 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Because is ADP kept dropping, and people that are smart would do that, no will rank a player has a rb with a question about when he might be ready to play, his adp was once a rd1 pick.   Wouldn’t you drop him down before today’s news about D Cook, opps maybe not.  

Sorry.   

Not necessarily. I would rank him without Cook actually as Cook wasn't signed. What's the point of a partial drop? That's not accurate when Cook signs or doesn't sign so might as well pick the current situation at the time, which was no Cook. It doesn't matter to me b/c I haven't ranked players and I haven't looked at ADP. I'll do that closer to our draft which isn't until after Labor Day. 

So now mr Hall activated. 

12 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Well I haven't done ranking myself yet so I have nothing to adjust. Cook will still lose carries to Hall. Healthy Hall without Cook would have been a RB1, Cook would be RB1 without Hall. Cook probably still will be RB1 in 12 team leagues in my opinion but no as much so if there was not a talented backup like Hall (depending on his ACL recovery).

Hall was just activated off the PUP.   I dont think he digs into Cook's carries until at least a few weeks into the season.  

with Cook on the roster the team can take their time letting Hall heal up.   no point risking a re-injury. 

The fact they gave Cook this kind of money makes me think they will run cook into the ground at least until mid season.   Possibly late season.

last few weeks of the Year Hall may eat some of Cooks Carries (cook tends to wear down/get hurt late in the season anyhow) so this may actually work out perfectly for Hall.

In a email I received from a buddy, says that Hall is still dealing with soreness.  Dobbins x2.  

Where do you put cook on your board with this signing? 

4 minutes ago, DaBeerz said:

Where do you put cook on your board with this signing? 

the money they gave him tells me hes likely an RB1(assuming good health).  Low end RB1 but RB1 nonetheless.

He will be a workhorse the first half of the season for sure.  As Breece Hall gets healthy his workload will decline some but likely he still puts up good numbers.

you dont pay a guy that kind of cash for him to split carries.    They will run him into the ground.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

the money they gave him tells me hes likely an RB1(assuming good health).  Low end RB1 but RB1 nonetheless.

He will be a workhorse the first half of the season for sure.  As Breece Hall gets healthy his workload will decline some but likely he still puts up good numbers.

you dont pay a guy that kind of cash for him to split carries.    They will run him into the ground.

Seems like a buy low sell high kind of guy ride him for 3-4 weeks when his numbers look good and trade.  

Just now, DaBeerz said:

Seems like a buy low sell high kind of guy ride him for 3-4 weeks when his numbers look good and trade.  

That could work.  I suspect His ADP has dropped since signing.   though maybe not by as much as we would think.

I do agree. he likely puts up better numbers in the first half than he does in the second half.   and with Breece recovering, by the second half they are gonna want to get him more carries if hes able to do it.

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

That could work.  I suspect His ADP has dropped since signing.   though maybe not by as much as we would think.

I do agree. he likely puts up better numbers in the first half than he does in the second half.   and with Breece recovering, by the second half they are gonna want to get him more carries if hes able to do it.

FFT moved him DOWN on their board after he signed with the Jets.  That's a bit of a surprise when you think on it. I get Breece Hall and all that but...he is playing with Rodgers who presumably has some juice left in the tank.  Not saying he's a top 10 guy but...he's still gotta be looked at as a low end RB1, that has value in any league. 

9 minutes ago, DaBeerz said:

FFT moved him DOWN on their board after he signed with the Jets.  That's a bit of a surprise when you think on it. I get Breece Hall and all that but...he is playing with Rodgers who presumably has some juice left in the tank.  Not saying he's a top 10 guy but...he's still gotta be looked at as a low end RB1, that has value in any league. 

if I can get him for the price of a low end RB2 I'll do that all day long.

• Like 1

I’m not going to reach early for D Cook, if I see him next up on my list I’ll take him at that point.  I like him as a low rb1,   But I’m hoping to get him later then that.