Sign in to follow this  
Drizzay

Who else is rubbing butts this morning?

Got a 6lber rubbed with some Kosmos Q Killer Honey Bee and Chipotle.  Gonna use a mix of cherry and apple chunks.  The Smokey Mountain is warming up as we speak.

Gonna be a good day boys.  God bless America!

Put a brisket on at 02:00 hours.  Will be adding some chicken around 13:30 hours.  Set to eat at 17:00 hours.  Planning on firing up the grill as well for some corn on the cob and potatoes diced with bacon, onions mushrooms and peppers. I like to cook those at a higher temp than I have the smoker running.  Taters around an hour, corn on the cob, who knows, by feel, maybe six minutes or so.

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Put a brisket on at 02:00 hours.  Will be adding some chicken around 13:30 hours.  Set to eat at 17:00 hours.  Planning on firing up the grill as well for some corn on the cob and potatoes diced with bacon, onions mushrooms and peppers. I like to cook those at a higher temp than I have the smoker running.  Taters around an hour, corn on the cob, who knows, by feel, maybe six minutes or so.

We did corn on the cobb last night.  It was some of the best corn I've had in a long time.  I think the grocery store said it came from Florida.

What us you method for grilling corn?  We usually will just clean it fully then smother in EVOO and wrap it in tin foil.  I'll grill them for about 20min total.

15 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

We did corn on the cobb last night.  It was some of the best corn I've had in a long time.  I think the grocery store said it came from Florida.

What us you method for grilling corn?  We usually will just clean it fully then smother in EVOO and wrap it in tin foil.  I'll grill them for about 20min total.

Soaking in a salt brine overnight.  I leave it in the husk and throw it on a very hot grill until the husk is lightly charred.  I then shuck it putting each piece off to the side until I finish shucking them all, in this case 8.  I have a container of water and a bit of garlic and salt on the grill melting some butter.  The butter floats to the top.  I dip each in the container.  When pulled each is coated with butter, a touch of garlic and some salt.  20 seconds back over the hot part of the grill for just a bit of a hint of a char and they are ready to serve.

Forgot, I toss some ice in the salt brine a soak them in.  Seems to keep the corn a bit fresher.

Wife wants grilled chicken instead of smoked chicken.  I toss on the grill to start.  Half way through, for her family, I coat in a 50/50 mix of BBQ sauce and orange marmalade.  Carmalizes nicely.  her family likes it.

Out to do some yard work now.  Have to smell the smoker all day while out there.  Torture.  I'll then clean up, play host, and hopefully dinner will be over before game 6.  The hens will adjorn to cluck away and I'll grab a cold one and watch the game in peace.

• Thanks 1

Too much yard work to do, mulch pile is almost kicked.  Gonna pick up a pork belly tonight for tomorrow.  Maybe do some pit beef as well.

A 6 lb. butt is pretty small, never even tried smoking one that little - does it produce much product? 

I want a good amount of fat on mine, I'll go 12 lbs. and up usually. 

No, I  got brats slowly simmering in Founders Porter and shallots.  Those are going to kick all kinds of @ss.  

You guys are gourmets. :cheers:  We got invited to my wife's friends but I got out of it.    I am throwing a burger in the air fryer.  Anyone have room for one more?

Tomorrow will be kabobs.  Beef, Chicken, and Shrimp and Scallops.  Will also do some skewers with pineapple and banana.  Plantains hold up better, but my daughter prefers bananas.  A bit of cognac, some brown sugar, and just a hint of cinamon.(I don't put them on the grill directly.  I put them on foil.) The mushrooms for the kabobs are soaking in sherry right now.  I hate peeling the broiler onions taht go on the skewers.  I found some perfectly firm cherry tomatos for the skewers  Those can get sloppy if not firm at the start.

Planing on asperagas wrapped in bacon and covered with a teriyaki glaze and some wild rice

Brisket and belly on the z grill, beer in hand.  Happy memorial day everyone 

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Brisket and belly on the z grill, beer in hand.  Happy memorial day everyone 

Did my brisket yesterday.  11 hours it took.  Hope you get to enjoy yours.

8 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Did my brisket yesterday.  11 hours it took.  Hope you get to enjoy yours.

I'm gonna keep it on smoke for 6 hours, and then wrap it through the stall, then finish back on smoke to firm up the bark again.  I don't do brisket often, I'm not good at it, but it was on sale so fock it.

8 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm gonna keep it on smoke for 6 hours, and then wrap it through the stall, then finish back on smoke to firm up the bark again.  I don't do brisket often, I'm not good at it, but it was on sale so fock it.

How’s she looking?

Rubbed one out on the wife’s messy dumper this morning. 

10 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

How’s she looking?

I left it on all day without wrapping as it was progressing nicely.  Got through the stall and up to 195.  I pulled it, put it in a tray, wrapped it, and it's sitting in the cooler right now.  I think it's gonna be good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

How’s she looking?

Update:

Dry as your mom.

Damnit 

This seems like a good enough place for this.

Got to say it. I've had Jewish brisket and Texas brisket. Jewish brisket has been consistently better.

And let's face it, the Jews know something about smoked meat.

People that smoke are the scum of the earth, right up there with fat focks