Fumbleweed

**Round One-Three Commentary**

If Wilson can go for 1100 yards with the garbage he had tossing the ball last year, let's see what he can do with Rogers. 

• Like 1

Thought, for a moment, that I might have a shot at Lamb which would have been rather nice value at 2.09, but of course.....<_<

• Haha 1

With Harris gone and the Patriots dropping James Robinson today, Stevenson should have the entire NEP backfield to himself.

And, IMHO, Stevenson is the last of the true #1 RBs left. Most of the remaining have serious competition for their starting job.

1 hour ago, shovelheadt said:

If Wilson can go for 1100 yards with the garbage he had tossing the ball last year, let's see what he can do with Rogers. 

👍🏼

47 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Thought, for a moment, that I might have a shot at Lamb which would have been rather nice value at 2.09, but of course.....<_<

You'll likely get even.

Well . . .
so, that worked.  

My debate at #1 was between McCaffrey and Jefferson.  My rationale ultimate fell to expectation at the 2-3 turn.

I was watching Hall and Stevenson as the RBs I'd still consider there.  I did consider one other, and probably would have gone that way had I started Jefferson.  But the crop of WRs here is really palatable, and I can be content with the start.

10 minutes ago, remote controller said:

You'll likely get even.

Damb skippy 🧐

And that was the other WR I was weighing in that mix.  You can't be disappointed with that, robb.

Just now, Dan said:

And that was the other WR I was weighing in that mix.  You can't be disappointed with that, robb.

You know Dan, I truly didn’t think about anyone else but Olave here. Many of the remaining are #2 WR on their team (not all are) and this guy is going to ball it this year in New Orleans. Carr can get him the ball and he’s been working hard all off season. I could end up with the top two WRs this year!!

Not in a position to pick at the moment, but will be making my pic within the next two hours for those who might want to check in later this evening.

Here is wishing the Denver Nuggets get their first Championship in their 47 year history tonight!!

Three quarterbacks now gone. Good values for each, but it could lead to some holes in the roster down the road. 

Gibbs was an interesting pick. Lots of upside alongside the unknowns. 

28 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Three quarterbacks now gone. Good values for each, but it could lead to some holes in the roster down the road. 

Gibbs was an interesting pick. Lots of upside alongside the unknowns. 

Agree on all these points. I would need to go back and evaluate the past drafts to see how the QB role played out, but from memory we did not have this level of support for the role in round 3, I think we typically wait longer, but not sure. 

I am usually not an advocate for grabbing a QB too early, but after some self-reflection I went with Josh Allen because I think he should out perform last year and likely represents a greater disparity in QB vs other positions that I could get later.

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree on all these points. I would need to go back and evaluate the past drafts to see how the QB role played out, but from memory we did not have this level of support for the role in round 3, I think we typically wait longer, but not sure. 

I am usually not an advocate for grabbing a QB too early, but after some self-reflection I went with Josh Allen because I think he should out perform last year and likely represents a greater disparity in QB vs other positions that I could get later.

I do keep track of QBs drafted:

2022: 1 in round 3, 2 in round 4, 2 in round 5, 4 in round 6, 2 in round 7

2021: 2 in round 3, 6 in round 5, 1 in round 6, 2 in round 7

2020: 2 in round 2, 1 in round 5, 5 in round 6

• Thanks 1

Remarkable that Walker fell that far. I guess Charbonnet's presence in Seattle has people spooked. 

Happy to get Walker at this point. The team using a second rounder on another RB is nothing to sneer at in today's NFL, but all the other RBs at this point have question marks of their own. Might as well get a young back who has already proven he can produce.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Happy to get Walker at this point. The team using a second rounder on another RB is nothing to sneer at in today's NFL, but all the other RBs at this point have question marks of their own. Might as well get a young back who has already proven he can produce.

he was certainly on my list... I sort of steered away from him based on bye week but then I went ahead and took a second player with a week 13 bye. I've just always been a fan of Mattison. 

3 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

Remarkable that Walker fell that far. I guess Charbonnet's presence in Seattle has people spooked. 

This was the other RB that I was considering at 3.1.  I was surprised to see him drop to the end of the round; I think you've hit the nail on the head, though.

We know I'm a Packer fan, but I am high on Jones this year as they look to make things easier for Love.  He will still command the #1 roll and will be used even more in the short passing game.  Lamb was also a nice value at 2.08.