Fumbleweed

**Round One-Three Commentary**

:cheers:

I am ready and willin’n as soon as Dan makes his selection.

Tomorrow at noon, right?

50 minutes ago, Dan said:

Tomorrow at noon, right?

Just take Louis Lipps and let’s get on with it. 

• Like 1

Was going to take Dez Bryant but I see he was already taken. So, one of the two best WRs this year, and I couldn’t be happier. No RB for me.

Mike: I signed up to follow 2 Topics, but the site is not notifying me when topics have something written. Maybe the site does not have my email address, if so, where can I put that in? Or, at least check to see if it has my correct one? I've had similar issues last year if my memory serves me correctly.

Happy to have third pick. If Robb had taken Ekeler, I would have taken Jefferson. Hard to argue with these three guys as the top 3 picks. 

Am here, picking shortly

First round is usually predictable, with maybe those last three picks deviating a little.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Am here, picking shortly

First round is usually predictable, with maybe those last three picks deviating a little.

Do you feel pretty? 

16 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Do you feel pretty? 

Are you flirting with me? :huh:

45 minutes ago, remote controller said:

These pop up ads truly SUCK!

The best way to fight against the pop up ads is to not make a pick when it's your turn

I need you all to know that I am home for the first day, after being back in Iowa for 10 days.  My dad was moved to hospice  on 6/2/23.  He hung on until 6/5/23 and we buried him this past Saturday.  I drove all day yesterday to get home.  I just got out of my morning meeting and will look things over and pick as soon as possible..  

8 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I need you all to know that I am home for the first day, after being back in Iowa for 10 days.  My dad was moved to hospice  on 6/2/23.  He hung on until 6/5/23 and we buried him this past Saturday.  I drove all day yesterday to get home.  I just got out of my morning meeting and will look things over and pick as soon as possible..  

Sorry to hear this man.  Hope you have family around to help you through it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Had no idea. So sorry longtime friend. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, remote controller said:

So sorry, remote.

Praying for you and yours during your time of loss.

14 hours ago, robb said:

Mike: I signed up to follow 2 Topics, but the site is not notifying me when topics have something written. Maybe the site does not have my email address, if so, where can I put that in? Or, at least check to see if it has my correct one? I've had similar issues last year if my memory serves me correctly.

You had to give your email address when you signed up for the forums, so you're good there. You can visit your profile (top right corner) to review your info. Did you check your spam folder to see if the messages ended up there?

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

Cannot fathom your grief, sorry to hear this.

If I'm picking Kelce, I'm also hoping the Chiefs don't sign DeAndre Hopkins. What do others think of the Kelce pick @ 6?

28 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

If I'm picking Kelce, I'm also hoping the Chiefs don't sign DeAndre Hopkins. What do others think of the Kelce pick @ 6?

I have no problem with it. Someone was going to take him in the first round, might as well be you Fumble. It shall be interesting to see what you do to “make it” in the next 5 rounds!

2 hours ago, remote controller said:

RC: I am sending you and your family the best of thoughts. My folks died 10 years ago, but the memories are still there. Take good care of yourself.

1 minute ago, robb said:

I have no problem with it. Someone was going to take him in the first round, might as well be you Fumble. It shall be interesting to see what you do to “make it” in the next 5 rounds!

I didn't take him. I took Ekeler at 1.03. Just curious how people felt about ICE taking him that early. Also, I was surprised that Bijan lasted as long as he did. 

1 minute ago, Fumbleweed said:

I didn't take him. I took Ekeler at 1.03. Just curious how people felt about ICE taking him that early. Also, I was surprised that Bijan lasted as long as he did. 

There are 2 players I thought that went a tad too early for my liking. But….this is why we mock!

8 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I certainly considered Bijan (and Chubb) here, my reasoning is I'm not sold on the ATL offense as a whole which will limit scoring opportunities.

2 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

You had to give your email address when you signed up for the forums, so you're good there. You can visit your profile (top right corner) to review your info. Did you check your spam folder to see if the messages ended up there?

Not in spam as I check that daily. I’ve done my profile update. Any other thoughts? Now I do remember this being an issue for years now! I am befudibled.

11 minutes ago, worm said:

I certainly considered Bijan (and Chubb) here, my reasoning is I'm not sold on the ATL offense as a whole which will limit scoring opportunities.

Good thing you hitched your wagon to the Tennessee offense instead…. 😂

1 minute ago, Fumbleweed said:

Good thing you hitched your wagon to the Tennessee offense instead…. 😂

😂 😂

Hard to pass up Kupp with the last pick in the first.  Hopefully Stafford stays healthy and has a great year throwing to him.

Felt weird taking Pollard but he's proven to be a solid RB and Zeke is gone now.  He should finish as a top 10 back.

Didn't expect to go WR/WR off the bat, but here we are. Hill and Diggs are a hell of a duo, and hopefully I'll be able to find a couple serviceable RBs later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vikings4ever said:

Didn't expect to go WR/WR off the bat, but here we are. Hill and Diggs are a hell of a duo, and hopefully I'll be able to find a couple serviceable RBs later.

I question your judgment here. After all, you haven't had much success in this draft/league in the past... :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I question your judgment here. After all, you haven't had much success in this draft/league in the past... :P

:banana:

22 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

On the flip side, I expected to go RB / RB as I’ve always been more comfortable finding later receivers. 

then again I have 1 measly title 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

If I'd committed to a RB/WR turn, Jacobs would have been my pick. But with the noise he's been making, I'm cautious about a holdout.

Just now, Vikings4ever said:

If I'd committed to a RB/WR turn, Jacobs would have been my pick. But with the noise he's been making, I'm cautious about a holdout.

I was back and forth with him and one other. Same position. 

32 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Hard to pass up Kupp with the last pick in the first.  Hopefully Stafford stays healthy and has a great year throwing to him.

Felt weird taking Pollard but he's proven to be a solid RB and Zeke is gone now.  He should finish as a top 10 back.

I considered Pollard when I selected Taylor.

5 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Anybody have Matt's contact information?

I just sent him a message, we’ll see if he got it.