Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Four-Six Commentary**

Had a tough time deciding who to take on the turn this time.  I probably should've taken a RB but I felt the talent was much better with Deebo and Andrews.

Had reservations about going SEA/SEA at the turn (and going 3 WRs deep already), but felt Metcalf was the BPA at this point.

Whitewonder is cornering the RB market like it's frozen orange juice.

• Haha 2

RB/RB/RB/RB   blast away!

In reality I loved going Chubb/Jacobs to start. In hindsight I could have gone DK and someone else for my 3/4 picks. This mock is just getting me into an FF frame of mind and I am starting to feel that WR/WR if picking late is maybe the way to go (then again as I said it was hard to pass on Chubb and Jacobs), especially since Chubb is my #1 ranked RB this year. Perhaps WR over Jacobs may have been the way to go.

I am also feeling that an earlier pick fits me better, where I can take my workhorse and feel comfortable landing a pair of nice receivers in rounds 2/3

RB...RB...RB...RB. 

Starting for White Wonder at QB and WRs- Baker Mayfield, Sterling Shepard, Pierre Garcon, and Donovan Peoples-Jones. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fumbleweed said:

RB...RB...RB...RB. 

Starting for White Wonder at QB and WRs- Baker Mayfield, Sterling Shepard, Pierre Garcon, and Donovan Peoples-Jones. 

:D

This was tough.  I thought for sure at one point I would at least get Mixon, but WW threw a major curve ball.  Dalvin can still be the guy for some teams out there, and if the Miami smoke pans out that's probably best case scenario, which is not bad for a 4th round pick 

Wow. RB's thinned out quickly. 

Thanks WW!

ICEMAN

The next three picks after me (Burrow, Conner, Cooper) we're the exact players I was debating over before picking Cook.  Always a tough draft!

Was really hoping Cooper would slide to me @ 4.10. Alas, he did not. 

Keenan Allen was the only guy who could have convinced me off of my 4th RB :lol:

Wasn’t planning on taking a QB this early, but Jackson just presented too much value at 4.11 (#47) to not take him. The Underdog Best Ball ADP on him was #33, so I felt I would take the gamble on a QB this early and lick my wounds later. Hope I don’t regret it.

Some really good players still available at this 4/5 turn. Licking my chops and hoping a couple of guys will fall to 5.03. Didn't expect the value to be here. 

In fact, I am liking what I see for the whole 5th round. 

Agree with you Fumble, wish I had 4 picks this round!!

I like the Hockenson pick in terms of value at that spot, I nearly pull the trigger on him at my last pick. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I like the Hockenson pick in terms of value at that spot, I nearly pull the trigger on him at my last pick. :thumbsup:

Put in the same spot again, I don't know if I take him.  There's a lot of value right here, and many options and directions to go.

But I like him here.  It gives more flexibility, I think, for the next turn, after I watch players that I would trade up to get disappear.  :)

Wow. Sanders, Hockenson, Dobbins. Talk about great value picks. Gotta love what's here at that turn... 

• Like 1

Wanted Sanders or Dobbins. Will settle for Watson's upside. There's another player I really liked here at another position, but I feel that WR tier that Watson is in really drops off after him and another WR to be named later. This is the price of taking Mahomes. 

Watson was on my list.  He was one of the ones I debated taking in lieu of the TE route.  I love his upside.  Very nearly went this way at 5.1

And Dameon Pierce . . .   Yeah, I'm trading into this round for like four or five picks, I think.

1 minute ago, remote controller said:

Where ever Dalvin goes could really mess a June Mock team up.  

Or win them a championship.  Him and the other guy . . .   like playing craps.

Dobbins , Sanders, Pierce, .... Akers for me

I don't recall a June Mock before where we've had two high picks of players (Cook, Hopkins) who are free agents still at the time of the draft. I think we've had some late round picks, but it's odd to type that FA after a pick and it makes you wonder what dynamic is driving two players who are still in some semblance of their primes (slightly on the downside, though) still being available for teams. 

Almost took Kittle @ 5.03. What tremendous value at 5.10. 

Value pick here. 1100 rushing yards is going to be hard to match, but Fields fell a lot farther than I thought he would. The Bears are giving him weapons, and I think there's a fair drop off after him.

22 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Value pick here. 1100 rushing yards is going to be hard to match, but Fields fell a lot farther than I thought he would. The Bears are giving him weapons, and I think there's a fair drop off after him.

I like one more QB prior to the drop off. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vikings4ever said:

Mixon's a gamble, to be sure, but RB is thinning out, and he's a very talented back on a good team who has a history of producing.

Would've been a great pick...had he not already been picked. :lol:

Well, after that oopsie...:doh:

May be RBBC in Philly, but Swift is talented enough to produce. And taking the lead back on the Eagles worked well for me last year.

Lawrence was the last QB in a grouping I wanted. I have him above Herbert this year. 

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

I really didn't think Fields was going to go that early.  I actually didn't think this many QBs would be gone already.  I really wanted Fields this year.  I guess I learned something.

18 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Lawrence was the last QB in a grouping I wanted. I have him above Herbert this year. 

Ditto