Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Gender Dysphoria - GREAT article.

46 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I guess you are unable to have an actual discussion of the history and interchangeability of the terms republic and democracy.

Democracy and republic are not interchangeable terms: The framers did not consider democracy and republic to be synonymous. While they believed in democratic principles, they also recognized the importance of a republican form of government. In a republic, the power rests with the people who elect representatives to make decisions on their behalf, whereas in a direct democracy, the people make decisions directly.

We are a democratic republic. It's not a "one liner" that people toss around to suit them. It's the focking truth. We are NOT a direct democracy. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Democracy and republic are not interchangeable terms: The framers did not consider democracy and republic to be synonymous. While they believed in democratic principles, they also recognized the importance of a republican form of government. In a republic, the power rests with the people who elect representatives to make decisions on their behalf, whereas in a direct democracy, the people make decisions directly.

We are a democratic republic. It's not a "one liner" that people toss around to suit them. It's the focking truth. We are NOT a direct democracy. 

We are a Constitutional Republic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yes, we’re a democratic republic. There are undemocratic republics, which is what some seem to want. Still, the terms were used interchangeably, even by the founding fathers who knew that our proposed republic was one type of democracy... but not a direct democracy. From Alexander Hamilton:

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Hamilton/01-01-02-0162

But a representative democracy, where the right of election is well secured and regulated & the exercise of the legislative, executive and judiciary authorities, is vested in select persons, chosen really and not nominally by the people, will in my opinion be most likely to be happy, regular and durable.

Glad to be having the discussion instead of just dealing with the one-liner. We can get super technical on this, but for Chrome-Gnome to blurt out “we’re not a democracy, we’re a republic” is inaccurate. We’re not a direct democracy, nor are we an undemocratic republic. Our Republic practices representative democracy. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

We are a Constitutional Republic.

Also true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

I guess you are unable to have an actual discussion of the history and interchangeability of the terms republic and democracy. Or even “doing your own research” on it. You can only regurgitate the one-liner you saw on grandpa’s Facebook timeline.

So you “pile on” like that idiot in the mob who never had an original thought, but decides to go with the crowd. Good job, sheep man.

Funny how I said “‘consensus” which Jerry turned to “majority” and now a bunch of passers-by have decided I’m some kind of tyrant who thinks we should get rid of the bill of rights. Even though I specifically said that’s not true… and the laws I’m arguing AGAINST are ones that limit, not expand, the rights of Americans. If your only method of argument is not to discuss the merits, but to intentionally misrepresent the position of the other side, I hope you know it makes your own argument appear much weaker.

You have no f'n idea what you're talking about.  No one uses "Republic" and "Democracy" interchangebly because the smart people - NOT you - know the difference and why the majority can't just impose their will. The f'n Founding Fathers themselves knew the difference, which is why they set it up this way, jack@ss.  GTFO with your horshiat revisionist history.  You've now had at least 3 people call you out on your bullshiat, lies and revisionist history.

You don't want a conversation - you just want to blurt out Talking Points - which is why everyone disregards anything you say.  You're a known loser here in these forums for a reason.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Yes, we’re a democratic republic. There are undemocratic republics, which is what some seem to want. Still, the terms were used interchangeably, even by the founding fathers who knew that our proposed republic was one type of democracy... but not a direct democracy. From Alexander Hamilton:

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Hamilton/01-01-02-0162

Glad to be having the discussion instead of just dealing with the one-liner. We can get super technical on this, but for Chrome-Gnome to blurt out “we’re not a democracy, we’re a republic” is inaccurate. We’re not a direct democracy, nor are we an undemocratic republic. Our Republic practices representative democracy. 

Wait....so the guy who says "people use 'Democratic' and 'Republic' interchangeably" is trying to call others out for being inaccurate (which they are certainly not)?  :lol: :lol:

You absolutely dumb m'fer.  GTFO you moron.  Do you even proof-read anything before you submit your post?  Or is it all circle-jerk slop you get at the glory hole?

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

OK well before I leave abortion, I’ll just reply to your numbers above: if the issue was really 3rd-trimester abortions... why did they challenge Roe v Wade which already allowed states to block abortions in the 3rd trimester?

Back to the trans panic - I think it’s going to be yet another losing issue for R’s. It is possible to get a lot of conservatives worked up about an issue because most of them watch the same very small number of news sources, the biggest and most famous being FOX.

But most people in America don’t watch FOX. They aren’t upset about something that’s only affecting 1% of the population. So the anti-trans rhetoric might help in the primaries. But it’s most likely NOT going to be something independent voters care about come November 2024.

It would be “common sense” to stop trying to regulate trans medical care for minors. It’s rare, it requires parental and doctor approval. I don’t see how banning it truly helps anybody.

Anyone who has kids in middle or high school (and many in elementary school) knows this is not the case, at least by self-reporting due to the social contagion exploding through schools.  I would confidently bet that those parents know multiple allegedly trans friends of their kids, if not their kids themselves.

I've been meaning to ask:  do you have kids?  I've got three whom I discuss here often, all in their 20s.  :cheers: 

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Anyone who has kids in middle or high school (and many in elementary school) knows this is not the case, at least by self-reporting due to the social contagion exploding through schools.  I would confidently bet that those parents know multiple allegedly trans friends of their kids, if not their kids themselves.

I've been meaning to ask:  do you have kids?  I've got three whom I discuss here often, all in their 20s.  :cheers: 

Bump for @dogcows

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

:nono: It was the chinese flu that got him. He only had 12 boosters at that point. He needed 14. 

On 8/1/2023 at 5:42 AM, League Champion said:

Yeah but at least he didn't commit suicide!!!

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Great article, thanks for posting.  That bullet list pretty much comprises all of the concerns we've discussed:  the crazy increase in presentation, the even crazier increase in girls, the high rate of psychiatric comorbidities, and that uncomfortable yet obvious topic that folks like @squistion refuse to consider: social influence

• The authors explicitly identify “social influence” as a contributor to the concerning epidemiological shift in gender dysphoria presentation. The idea that teens are products of their social environments and can adopt transgender identities following social influence does not appear to be controversial in Denmark. The authors openly discuss the possibility of social influence as directly contributing to the rapid rise of post-pubertal onset of gender dysphoria in youth. They also opine that the availability of treatment itself may have contributed to rapid rise of trans-identification in youth.

I can only hope that doctors in the US are following these developments and willing follow them in doing the right thing, vs. succumbing to social woke pressure.  :thumbsup: 

25 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Great article, thanks for posting.  That bullet list pretty much comprises all of the concerns we've discussed:  the crazy increase in presentation, the even crazier increase in girls, the high rate of psychiatric comorbidities, and that uncomfortable yet obvious topic that folks like @squistion refuse to consider: social influence

I can only hope that doctors in the US are following these developments and willing follow them in doing the right thing, vs. succumbing to social woke pressure.  :thumbsup: 

That was pretty much my exact thought when I read that.  And one you didn't mention:

the authors now concede that there are significant questions brought about the growing rate of detransition

This is one that's been a problem for me for a long time. 

But yeah, it's like a list of the issues we've been discussing here for a few years now. 

“They’re shoving it down our throats!! Look, here’s two dozen videos of transgenders! Why do they have to shove it down our throats?”

3 minutes ago, WatsonRules said:

“They’re shoving it down our throats!! Look, here’s two dozen videos of transgenders! Why do they have to shove it down our throats?”

They prefer shoving it down children's throats. It a joe biden classic move.

6 minutes ago, WatsonRules said:

You've chosen to ignore content by seafoam1

Stop trying to get my attention, creeper.

Too easy. 😆

Love it when gays block me. 

It would be interesting to attempt some study where we actually help people with these mental issues in some way, just to see if it perhaps lowers the suicide rate; which the current pretend-along-with-them approach does not seem to be doing. 

the USA has lost its collective minds

8 hours ago, Strike said:

Another great article.  @jerryskids this supports the arguments you've been promoting, and IIRC this is also one of your favorite sources:

https://www.thefp.com/p/gender-affirming-care-dangerous-finland-doctor

Thanks Strike, agreed it is a very informative article.  And yes, I do like thefp.com as a source.

I don't know how many other countries/experts need to state this message before the US decides that the well-being of our youth is more important than societal pressures.  The AAP is a particularly egregious political (they are NOT medical) organization, one that @squistionloves to cite.  The following is particularly disturbing:

Medical organizations are supposed to transcend politics in favor of upholding standards that protect patients. However, in the U.S. these groups—including the American Academy of Pediatrics—have been actively hostile to the message my colleagues and I are urging.

I attempted to address the rising international concerns about pediatric gender transition at this year’s annual conference of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. But the two proposed panels were rejected by the academy. This is highly disturbing. Science does not progress through silencing. Doctors who refuse to consider evidence presented by critics are putting patient safety at risk.

The party of science.  :( 

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks Strike, agreed it is a very informative article.  And yes, I do like thefp.com as a source.

I don't know how many other countries/experts need to state this message before the US decides that the well-being of our youth is more important than societal pressures.  The AAP is a particularly egregious political (they are NOT medical) organization, one that @squistionloves to cite.  The following is particularly disturbing:

The party of science.  :( 

Get ya 3 year old vaxxed too!!